[3.7] Chunky Chargrill Chieftain - Incinerate CwC Volatile Dead - [2x Demigod winning build]

"
DeadManWalkin wrote:
Thinking about playing this as next character.

As I am playing Group SSF (only trading with my friends, not with public), I am stuck with what I have.
I don't think "is this SSF viable" is a valid question, as you've won SSF incursion event, so I guess it is :>

I would have a skin of the loyal available (still farming to get rings for loreweave), but it has 3B2G1R instead of 4B1G1R. I would switch controlled destruction for a green support gem, the only valid options for me seem to be either onslaught or culling strike. is this a possible alternative I could take, or should I rather stick with the tabula and proper gem links?

Without running the numbers in path of building I would say stick with the tabula, I killed all corrupted shaper guardians on just a tabula with this so the white shirt has plenty to offer the build.

Of course you could test it and switch back to a tabula if the trade off of the ideal socket colours doesn't seem to work.
I stream daily at twitch.tv/CellTank
Thanks for the Input, I think I'll stick just with tabula then instead of experimenting. Looking forward to it! :)
not sure i fully get how this works, how to sustain voltile dead etc? you just keep casting the desecrate thing? ive always had to run unearth etc etc to make voltile dead work
please enlighten id like to try this build but not sure how the play works to susatin both incinerate and volatile dead
"
9876 wrote:
not sure i fully get how this works, how to sustain voltile dead etc? you just keep casting the desecrate thing? ive always had to run unearth etc etc to make voltile dead work
please enlighten id like to try this build but not sure how the play works to susatin both incinerate and volatile dead

The volatile dead is created directly from corpses of things that have been killed by either the incinerate or another volatile dead explosion/ball. The CwC means this process happens while all you have to do is use incinerate.

The only time you need to cast desecrate is on a boss where there are no adds.

It feels very smooth, you could test it out on just a tabula in standard, there is no need to regear or respec a character to test this. Get the gems needed and drop them in a tabby and go to a low zone at first and just have a play around with incinerate causing auto VD explosions and balls. It's effective and fun!
"
Cellstorm wrote:
"
9876 wrote:

The volatile dead is created directly from corpses of things that have been killed by either the incinerate or another volatile dead explosion/ball. The CwC means this process happens while all you have to do is use incinerate.

The only time you need to cast desecrate is on a boss where there are no adds.

It feels very smooth, you could test it out on just a tabula in standard, there is no need to regear or respec a character to test this. Get the gems needed and drop them in a tabby and go to a low zone at first and just have a play around with incinerate causing auto VD explosions and balls. It's effective and fun!

thanks for the speedy reply, i was making a new character anyways with my tabula, been following your tree just got lvl 28 so a bit more to get that far but plan on trying as soon as i cna cwc and ill be testing it thanks, and id assume desecrate totem is good for bossing ontop self casting it

Edit: just got lv38 not properly geared for this but its interesting and works, gotta get better mana regen to sustain mana when in bosses but def like it, im used to poets pen build volatile dead so this is new but good thus far

Last edited by 9876 on Sep 10, 2018, 11:56:21 AM
Started playing this 2 days ago, gotten to Level 83 in about 16 hours. Insanely quick and strong build when it comes to levelling, you just about start melting (I'm talking kills in <1 second on most) bosses after you get your ascendancy but even before that the damage is good.
Easy to gear and no specifics needed to start out with which makes it a dream for SSF as well which i am playing. Looking forward to pushing high-endgame with it.

Made a few changes myself, dropped Vaal Haste/Clarity to put in VRF for even more boss damage, and blood rage, to give frenzies and a much quicker shield charge. I'd say the main issue i have with the build right now is just mobility but it's not too bad with the Frenzies + 30% movespeed boots.

Was thinking about why you didnt use Poachers Mark over Warlords but i assume it's because of the dex cost + the mana/life GoH isn't as good as leech?

Also, Looking at PoB it says that Immolate would provide more DPS than fire pen, on both boss and non-boss encounters. Thoughts?

Anyway, thanks for the build, something extremely fun thats piqued my interest in PoE after being burnt out the last 2 leagues.
~3945 18/12/2023
Last edited by Morelli_ on Sep 14, 2018, 8:22:07 PM
Hi I'm thinking of using a Scold's bridle with CWDT to proc Desecrate, since I don't like stopping to cast it before attacking. What do you think?
Last edited by eddylight on Sep 15, 2018, 4:52:30 AM
"
eddylight wrote:
Hi I'm thinking of using a Scold's bridle with CWDT to proc Desecrate, since I don't like stopping to cast it before attacking. What do you think?

I don't think it would be needed, the only time you ever need to cast corpses is on certain bosses, mapping goes like this: Incinerate the first pack, VD auto casts on the first packs corpses, VD balls fly out and kill the next pack, incinerate kills any stragglers, VD is still auto casting so the cycle continues.

I was clearing t15 shaped maps and so on without ever casting corpses, it's just a tool that I set up for the odd occasion when it is needed.

But, one of the things I love about this build is that it is so easy to customise to your own style of it. So if you have access to the scolds, then by all means give it a try and compare to how it feels without it.
Last edited by Cellstorm on Sep 16, 2018, 9:52:50 AM
"
Morelli_ wrote:
Started playing this 2 days ago, gotten to Level 83 in about 16 hours. Insanely quick and strong build when it comes to levelling, you just about start melting (I'm talking kills in <1 second on most) bosses after you get your ascendancy but even before that the damage is good.
Easy to gear and no specifics needed to start out with which makes it a dream for SSF as well which i am playing. Looking forward to pushing high-endgame with it.

Made a few changes myself, dropped Vaal Haste/Clarity to put in VRF for even more boss damage, and blood rage, to give frenzies and a much quicker shield charge. I'd say the main issue i have with the build right now is just mobility but it's not too bad with the Frenzies + 30% movespeed boots.

Was thinking about why you didnt use Poachers Mark over Warlords but i assume it's because of the dex cost + the mana/life GoH isn't as good as leech?

Also, Looking at PoB it says that Immolate would provide more DPS than fire pen, on both boss and non-boss encounters. Thoughts?

Anyway, thanks for the build, something extremely fun thats piqued my interest in PoE after being burnt out the last 2 leagues.

It's great to read some of the changes you have made to customise the build. I think of this build as a framework idea that you can slot different synergies and utilities into as you see fit. The mobility certainly is something to consider a little more now the brightbeak interaction has been removed. Maybe it's time for me to test a leapslam brightbeak instead of shield charge.
Heya! Would this work as elementalist? more dmg but less leech and not so tanky..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info