[3.7] Chunky Chargrill Chieftain - Incinerate CwC Volatile Dead - [2x Demigod winning build]

@Buttus - Blood rage allows for Frenzy Charge generation during mapping. The Frenzy charges will give you More damage multiplier and cast speed.

Just wanted to say thank you for the build and that I ended up being able to kill shaper without switching to the Blade Vortex variant which was nice for me since I am sort of over BV as a skill. If anyone needs any gearing assistance feel free to reach out, my character is SweetToothCouchLock. I also changed some things up, found a way to work in Vaal Lightning Trap for 15% More damage taken on bosses, Dual wielding sceptres instead of a shield, haven't needed fortify or shield charge just flame dashing around little stuff like that. Thanks man and keep up the work.
Last edited by TheKush47 on Jan 26, 2019, 8:23:09 PM
I appreciate the effort into the build and the advice you give.

I have basically reached the end point with my character as far as this league is concerned. Even with my gear, I still die often especially at lvl 97. The main problem is that you have to stand still while using cast while channeling. The VD damage is not nearly enough to kill most of the tough bosses. For me I want to be able to cast and dodge at the same time since you aren't really a Meele or tank build.

I also do not recommend this build for fast clearing. Good luck keeping up with arc miners and winter orb builds when you are partying. I don't like leap slam/Shield charge for movement speed compared to others.

Fun build but not really great if you are looking for a top competitive build this league.
Last edited by mdd1986 on Jan 21, 2019, 6:26:22 PM
"
mdd1986 wrote:

I have basically reached the end point with my character as far as this league is concerned. Even with my gear, I still die often especially at lvl 97. The main problem is that you have to stand still while using cast while channeling. The VD damage is not nearly enough to kill most of the tough bosses. For me I want to be able to cast and dodge at the same time since you aren't really a Meele or tank build.

I also do not recommend this build for fast clearing. Good luck keeping up with arc miners and winter orb builds when you are partying. I don't like leap slam/Shield charge for movement speed compared to others.

Fun build but not really great if you are looking for a top competitive build this league.

trying buying a +1 Volatile dead , it helps alot and also your amulet is add fire damage to attacks which does nothing for the Spell.
1+ VD what? Amulet? I don't think a slight increase in DPS is going to solve your problems here. Its more a problem of the play style glass canon type of build that this is. If you noticed I have more DPS than the character linked n the original post.
"
mdd1986 wrote:
1+ VD what? Amulet? I don't think a slight increase in DPS is going to solve your problems here. Its more a problem of the play style glass canon type of build that this is. If you noticed I have more DPS than the character linked n the original post.

Helmet Enchant has the +1 VD
"
mdd1986 wrote:

"
mdd1986 wrote:

Allow me refocus your attention to what the build claims to be.

This build is designed to be a SSF high level mapper with good overall clear speed, good survivability, decent single target damage (with some work from the player) while not relying on any specific gear other than a 5 or 6 link (farm a tabby in blood aquaducts).

No where does it mention keeping up with other classes, keeping up with arc miners or winter orb builds. The only thing has been proven to do in that regard is keep up with other SSF chieftain builds, hence the demigod win that this build has.

To use the term 'glass cannon' anywhere in your critique of this build is highly misguided as it is neither glass, nor a cannon. It is a balance designed around limited access to gear in SSF. If you are feeling particularly glass on this build then I will confidently say you are failing to utilise all of the defences this build has with poor positional play. That is a recipe for frustration so I can understand why you are not in a good place right now with regards to this build.

Your analysis of how this build goes in uber elder is spot on however. There is a real problem with that type of boss fight and combination of mechanics with any build that is required to deal damage in the way that this build does. Again though, it makes no claim to be able to do such things. A very skilled player with a very good gear level would be able to do so I am sure.

Additionally, if nothing else, then please take heed of the quote below.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." Albert Einstein 1879-1955

This short quote summarises this whole conversation better that we have been able to so far.

I will be bold enough to suggest that you may enjoy and find satisfaction in playing something such as an arc trapper in order to easily overcome some of the hurdles you are experiencing in the game right now.
I stream daily at twitch.tv/CellTank
I was simply providing MY OWN OPINION on this build which may or may not agree with your claims. It was not meant to disagree/agree with any of your claims. Sometimes people prefer a 3rd party opinion and that is all I was providing. And it seems you are in agreement with most of my findings.

You are right I guess glass canon is not really the best word to use since it technically is a "balanced" build. Although I find that it isn't really balanced anymore once you try to do the tough content in the game IE Uber Elder/T16 maps.

I haven't found a real solution to doing the higher tier content without dying consistent while also clearing fast.

I would also recommend this build for anyone that wants something competitive that is not tied into expensive gear (great for SSF).

Nothing personal, just providing feedback for everyone. Again I appreciate your time in providing helpful input, answering questions and putting together the guide.
Last edited by mdd1986 on Jan 24, 2019, 12:58:17 PM
@TheKush47 ah, I see. Following that though, where do I put it on my action bar? Mine's already filled. In order from left to right, top to bottom, I have Desecrate, Desecrate (totem), Incinerate, Enduring Cry, Shield Charge, Leap Slam, Vaal Righteous Fire, Vaal Haste.
@Buttus I think it sort of depends on your playstyle and gear possibilities/limiations. For instance I dropped the non-totem desecrate in my build, I also dropped Enduring cry as a whole since I personally don't find much benefit from it (maybe I use it wrong idk), and I also slimmed down to a single move skill.

Going back to the playstyle aspect I personally don't use shield charge or leap slam I went with Flame dash. I didn't feel fortify was a game changer for me and would rather get the DPS from Arcane surge which I get from linking with my flame dash. In addition dropping the other things I mentioned I was able to throw in Blood Rage, a golem and vaal lightning trap.

So for me my action bar is as follows: lightning golem, vaal haste, incinerate for my top 3 and vaal lightning trap, desecrate totem, flame dash, vaal rf, blood rage as my bottom 5.

I can also say for my own personal play style i prefer to put the emphasis of survival in all my builds on my own mechanical prowess and positioning, I find you can circumvent the need for certain skill gems or multitudes of layering defenses by simply "playing better". I did get some defense in different ways as well than the build creator, I decided to throw in Rumi's Concoction flask since I am dual wielding instead of using a shield, Atziri's promise for additional leech, and a Basalt flask for additional Phys mitigation, also the ring enchant for 6% of damage taken as mana.

So I may be near as tanky as the build creator intended but in different ways but also may be slightly less tanky as well but I managed a significantly higher dps whwich in a way is survival, PoB numbers are as follows: Build Creator Incinerate Shaper DPS: 448k, VD Shaper Average hit: 68k. My Incinerate Shaper DPS: 745k, VD Shaper Average Hit: 100k. Also my DPS numbers do not include the DPS gain from shocked ground caused by Vaal Lightning trap since to my knowledge I can't put that into PoB, so those number +15% more dmg taken for bossing.

I posted my gear and gems in my earlier comment if you care to take a look to get some ideas of your own :)
Last edited by TheKush47 on Jan 27, 2019, 1:22:39 PM
Has this build changed from the gems in the first post? I checked the latest Cell_Immolation and it's a tad different. Is the new preferred way the current gems in Cell_Immolation?

I don't have all the gear yet, but so far I like the play style.

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info