[3.7] Chunky Chargrill Chieftain - Incinerate CwC Volatile Dead - [2x Demigod winning build]

"
Taverna422 wrote:
Hi Cell, can you please take a look at my gear and please tell me what the weakest part of my gear is? ViseSublime here :P

Hey dude, some good gear overall. A couple of points to look into, i'll list them in order of importance from what I can see.

Helm - Get a nice armour base for this, stack life, str, any resists you need but then also if you can get the stat 'take %phys as fire' or worded similar then that can be actually great, its a bench craft this league so could be added to a helm that is lacking it.

Shield - You have good damage stats, but remember that shields can also have over 100 flat life and additional block chance and also spell block, getting one with these is going to expensive though as a lot of builds are wanting spirit shields this league after them being unwanted for over a year.

Opal ring - The attack damage stats on there don't help the incinerate or VD as they are spells and not attacks, so you could recraft the crafted stat into something else there to give a little boost to something that is needed.

With a few changes here you should start to tilt the scales in your favour!
I stream daily at twitch.tv/CellTank
"
Rat1aSu wrote:
What an amazing build you have had here! I have been having a lot of fun with it :) However, I am still kind of newbie (about 200hrs) and I find it hard to "adapt" my gears in order to keep up with the pace of the game. I cannot deal with bosses (at all) from tier 14 map to above and die many times while playing against tier 9 and so on.

Sometimes it seems like my health bar just "disappears" instantly after getting hit. Sometimes I need to use up to 3 life flask in order to survive a monster wave. As I follow all of your instruction pretty closely (with the lack of the Vaal Haste Gem), I think that it is because of the gear I use that make me pretty "weak". So can you or anyone have a look at my gears down here and give any advice of what I should do?

I am currently level 87, 5730 Life, 390 Energy Shield, 3500 Armor, 400 Evasion with max resistance at 80% (except for Chaos resist which is like -40%)

Your gear is waaaay better than mine and I have killed shaper a few times this league and been having my way with syndicate the last week or so too!

The fact you mention having 3 life flasks tells me that this is a clear weak link in your playstyle.

Let me copy/paste something I posted earlier in this thread that should help:

" I took a look at your gear and your flask game is easily the weakest link of your builds. Flasks in PoE are crucial. Go to a youtube vid or a stream of a player you respect as a good player and take a look only at their flasks when they are mapping/bossing. You see them hitting those flask cooldowns all the time, and not life flasks either. There is so much power, like TONS OF POWER in flasks that if you don't use then end game PoE is pretty much impossible even with absolute best in slot gear, that's how important flasks are. But like I say, don't take my word for that or think i'm personally using flasks as a crutch. Go take a look at any player playing real high end game PoE and look at their flask choices and go and actually watch how they use them.

I have a suggested flask setup for this build on the front page, that would be a great place to start. "

Then also after you have done this have a read of this and see if you can spot anything you are missing in playstyle:

" Raw hp value only means so much if you have no other mitigation.

Do you keep fortify up all the time, fortify + shield charge + faster attacks.

Could you use different flasks? Flasks in PoE are more than just flasks, think of them as a skill rotation in an MMO, flask are integral parts of builds and if you let your flasks and use of them be a weak link then end game PoE becomes almost impossible for nearly all builds. Basalt and stibnite (stibnite blind cloud is striaght up OP OP) bases are hugely beneficial, with suffixes such as warding and heat. Don't underestimate flasks, just watch someone you consider a skilled PoE player for a few minutes, watch their flasks, they are always working them. Always.

Have you upgraded your pantheons? An upgraded lunaris pantheon helps so much I can't understate it.

Do you keep endurance charges up throughout the whole map, no only through the warlords curse and chieftain ascendancy, but also enduring cry to gain charges back during down time or to refresh them during boss fights.

If you are using immortal call I suggest trying without it. I've been killing shaper guardians last couple of play sessions and I don't use immortal call and never have for this build but a lot of people who's gear i've looked over suddenly put it in then don't have the same survivability as me and can't understand why.

Uber lab points are super nice too, the 10% of phys taken as fire is very nice as when we take fire damage our resists kick in, so with 75% fire res we mitigate 75% of this 10% of physical taken as fire, so we effectively reduce physical attacks severity by 7.5%. "

So again I helped another player who was struggling with mention of flasks, fortify and also don't overlook positioning, you could either drop by my stream when I am on or even go my stream and look at my PoE Videos for this week and watch me play for a bit, there could be something very different you are doing with the build that is causing you to have these problems.

Here is the link to my videos for the last week or so https://www.twitch.tv/celltank/videos

Also don't forget pantheons, they make a massive difference to this build. It feels so much better to me once I unlock them, everything is so much smoother!
Last edited by Cellstorm on Jan 11, 2019, 1:46:19 PM
I have problems with: Spell Totem - Desecrate - Faster Casting.

The totem does not spawn corpses.
I couldn't figure out why.
"
M2T2 wrote:
I have problems with: Spell Totem - Desecrate - Faster Casting.

The totem does not spawn corpses.
I couldn't figure out why.

The totem needs a target on screen to cast the corpses at, such as a pack of mobs or a boss that is in an active phase.
Hey, enjoying the build so far but still a POE rookie... could I get a gear check?

My flasks really need to be hanged up but if you could spot anything else.

Thanks
"
Hadezz9 wrote:
Hey, enjoying the build so far but still a POE rookie... could I get a gear check?

My flasks really need to be hanged up but if you could spot anything else.

Thanks

You mentioned the flasks yourself so I probably don't need to go there, but make sure to read the posts I've made just above yours about the importance of flasks in PoE overall not just this build.

Across your whole gear set I'm seeing 135 flat life. That's across all gear. You are aiming for around that one one fossil crafted pair of boots or gloves.

The unique ring is awful, we do about 5% of our overall damage from ignite damage in ideal ignite situations.

The other jewellery needs big life rolls all over them first and foremost before damage

The sceptre is decent but make a note that the 26 to 54 fire damage on it doesn't apply to spells, only attacks with that sceptre. If you knew that already but are using it for the good stats then that's cool. Just be aware that on weapons it's all local damage and has to state fire damage to spells for it to be useful to us.

Shield has nice spell damage but missing a big life roll, spirit shields can go over 100 life but I appreciate they are in a fairly high demand from other builds this league so can be pricey if you are in a trade league.

The belt should be a stygian, life rolls, resist rolls, and it also gives us another jewel socket for flat damage.

You tree jewels are nice for damage, but only 1 has flat life on it. Flat fire to spells/holding a shield and life are the jewel priority stats.

The helm is decent as far as uniques go and you could play this build all the way to endgame with it if you choose to do so.

Take a look at my characters Flame_On_Game_On and Cell_Immolation for some gear ideas of things to be looking for, also look at the flasks and jewels for ideas of where to go next.

Let me know how the upgrades feel if you get them!
Hi, noob here. How would i be able to get the righteous fire going? life regen wise. Do I need rise of the phoenix?
Wanted to chime in, I've been playing this in SSF since patch, enjoying it thoroughly. Cleared all content except Uber Elder, made so many tweaks to the build, from dps to tanky. Current setup is tanky, can clear all maps, elder guardians, shaper,elder etc, etc with no problem, but when it comes to Uber Elder, I have tried multiple attempts 7+ (rip shaper kills) only reaching 25% on both, I just don't have the dmg it seems to push phases fast enough. The ground effect just covers the entire field and end up dying. Any tips or ideas if you've killed uber elder that I may be missing here. This current gear is what I've tried using on Uber Elder, not the same flasks I use to clear maps, just for uber elder I decided to use 3 life flasks. Able to run aspect of the crab with herald and warlords, which is great for survivability against physical. I've tried swapping Kaom's roots as well to no avail. All my resistances are exact the same for min/max Wise Oak use.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAN1A9YEBwSzBg4Gwwj0CfYNzRBYEmkTpRQgFm8XHBhdGS4aOBpsHM4c3B0UHwIfGCSqJvMnLyftKo0rUCycMPgyNDWSNsU22DbpOlg62DrhPAU8LT38RZ1G10kbTLNN41BHUftTUlXGVkhYY1nzXwRfP2P9ZlRnm2jyakNxeXGFcg9yqXaseuaCm4Nfg8yD24dljM-PGo9GkFWUb5rgnWOdrp_fogCmV6ajpwismKyqrY2t8a7_r6evt7c-uX686r1gwGbE9sYExq7G2M0Wz37QH9R81I_Vptgk2L3ZYeNq5CLkUelQ6-7sVe8O73zv6_Af8WzyRfZI_gr-VP6P?accountName=Korruptus&characterName=ArsonistBoom

https://poe.ninja/challengessf/builds/char/Korruptus/ArsonistBoom?i=5&search=class%3DChieftain
Last edited by Korruptus on Jan 19, 2019, 8:12:09 PM
The build looks super cool and I cant wait to try it.
I'm a bit lost what effect does the Ngamahu, Flame's Advance have for the incinerate and VD and for the build overall, apart from the 10% fire pen I kinda see the point of all the other ascendancies.
Hey, loving the build. Kinda noob question, but why blood rage? Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info