Death is but the start of your servitude.

"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
What's up with the "Chance to block Attack Damage while Wielding a Staff" thing? Both this and the Grey Spire from the announcement page have this wording. I appreciate that attack block is now explicitly distinct from spell block; but can you be ever not "wielding a staff" with a staff equipped?

(Ed. can we finally get some staff block nodes on the tree/ascendancies?)

I think the "wielding" is chosen to make it clear having the staff in your weapon swap will not give you the block bonus.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
Shppy wrote:
If this triggers off bubonic trail (death walk) it'll be pretty sweet, constant 5% regen and phantasm summons while you walk, while still getting decent caster dps from the weapon. But then again idk if triggering the consumption skill would count for something like this... it might be like 'when you cast/attack/use' where you need to manually activate the skill. Idk, maybe I'll respec into a necromancer quick and see if poet's vd will trigger her notables with that wording.

Still, could make for some interesting detonate/volatile dead builds too.

If this works, autosummoner 3.4 :). Even if phantasms aren't great.
"
Mythabril wrote:
I think the "wielding" is chosen to make it clear having the staff in your weapon swap will not give you the block bonus.

Weapons in your swap never give you any bonuses whatsoever. No other modifier has (nor needs) this extra wording.
If there was a hypothetical Necromantic Aegis 2.0 that would give bonuses from the staff to your minions (which is not impossible, we know that minion-related passive tree changes are coming); this would not give the block chance to your minions, as they are not actually wielding the item - they just get all of its bonuses.

An odd edge case, and an odd design decision if intentional - since minions can utilize your shield's block rate just fine with the current Aegis.

(Animated guardians/weapons do properly wield the items they were created from, and would thus get the bonuses - at least as far as I know.)
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Aug 23, 2018, 1:18:14 AM
"
Nubman wrote:
"
Shppy wrote:
If this triggers off bubonic trail (death walk) it'll be pretty sweet, constant 5% regen and phantasm summons while you walk, while still getting decent caster dps from the weapon. But then again idk if triggering the consumption skill would count for something like this... it might be like 'when you cast/attack/use' where you need to manually activate the skill. Idk, maybe I'll respec into a necromancer quick and see if poet's vd will trigger her notables with that wording.

Still, could make for some interesting detonate/volatile dead builds too.

If this works, autosummoner 3.4 :). Even if phantasms aren't great.

I mean, you'd get 7L phantasms without even having to link the staff (just 6s). They'll probably be at least reasonably good, especially for the level of investment.
Last edited by Shppy on Aug 23, 2018, 1:21:59 AM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
What's up with the "Chance to block Attack Damage while Wielding a Staff" thing? Both this and the Grey Spire from the announcement page have this wording. I appreciate that attack block is now explicitly distinct from spell block; but can you be ever not "wielding a staff" with a staff equipped?

(Ed. can we finally get some staff block nodes on the tree/ascendancies?)

??? We already have staff block nodes on the tree, just not ascendancies.
Can animated guardians consume corpses? :)
Kind of interesting. This basically makes it so that you can have phantasms as your main summon skill. All you do is cast your offering. That sounds kind of neat as I hate the constant micromanaging of the current summoner playstyle. Especially for minions that expire.

Also, I checked the wiki, and corpse explosions don't count as "consuming" the corpse.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Kill#Corpses
Corpses can be utilized in several ways, for example:

raised (Raise Spectre, Necromancer monsters)
created (Desecrate, Unearth)
exploded (Detonate Dead, Volatile Dead, strongboxes with the Putrifying
prefix, etc.)
consumed (Flesh Offering, Devouring Totem, monsters with the "Mark of Cannibalism" bloodline, etc.)
Corpses can be targeted by holding the 'A' key by default, but only if the player has a skill that can target corpses.
Last edited by BigKevSexyMan on Aug 23, 2018, 2:06:39 AM
Any chance we can get attack speed on these unique staves? That way at least leap slamming will be tolerable?
"
BigKevSexyMan wrote:
Any chance we can get attack speed on these unique staves? That way at least leap slamming will be tolerable?

can always used charged dash

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info