Death is but the start of your servitude.

Guess Dark Pact Skeletons could benefit from this staff.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
Volatile dead staff. That seems pretty decent to me..with built in nice regen.

On second glance, that could actually be great for crit VD! With free build in minion/semi meat shield
Last edited by Nubman on Aug 22, 2018, 11:52:07 PM
"
Nubman wrote:

On second glance, that could actually be great for crit VD! With free build in minion/semi meat shield

I just can't get used to VD achronym for anything other than the almost universal, non-poe related, achronym.
Not sure what to use this for...
(⌐■_■)
"
ladish wrote:
"
Nubman wrote:

I just can't get used to VD achronym for anything other than the almost universal, non-poe related, achronym.

:) same.

I think this will be pretty decent tbh. Could be good for a self cast dark pact necro as well. Very defensive with a decent amount of offence

Last edited by Nubman on Aug 23, 2018, 12:23:27 AM
"
scabchewer wrote:
Volitile dead incoming

The New Sentinel Skills Also Consume Corpses....
Just saying this Could Be really Really Really Good on the new Guardian

Something to Remember as well is the Fact that These Kind of things Allow For Supports To support the skills in Question..

So Having a Minion Skill or Skills With the Minion Supports on It Is Actually Really Strong. .
I am your Devine one Bow before me
Last edited by shadopaw on Aug 23, 2018, 12:25:44 AM
It's cool looking. The wording was changed for the blocking. Effect is useful although not top tier. I really hope staff / 2h gear will see their day in the sun here in the near future.
I like that you could use this to make offerings the main skills in a build, well that's assuming you get a phantasm for every consumed corpse and not just one when you use a skill... Anyway it would be nice being able to run flesh offering during clear and have spirit offering for some extra defence during boss fights.

Sure it would be way worse then many builds but hay I'm all for not T1 uniques that give different play styles.

P. S. GGG please make more weapons that talk to the player... I for you always find them quite entertaining.
Last edited by stomatopod on Aug 23, 2018, 12:56:06 AM
What's up with the "Chance to block Attack Damage while Wielding a Staff" thing? Both this and the Grey Spire from the announcement page have this wording. I appreciate that attack block is now explicitly distinct from spell block; but can you be ever not "wielding a staff" with a staff equipped?

(Ed. can we finally get some staff block nodes on the tree/ascendancies?)
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Aug 23, 2018, 1:02:36 AM
If this triggers off bubonic trail (death walk) it'll be pretty sweet, constant 5% regen and phantasm summons while you walk, while still getting decent caster dps from the weapon. But then again idk if triggering the consumption skill would count for something like this... it might be like 'when you cast/attack/use' where you need to manually activate the skill.

Idk, maybe I'll respec into a necromancer quick and see if poet's vd will trigger Mistress of Sacrifice's damage bonus, that's worded the same way.

Still, even if that doesn't work you could make for some interesting detonate/volatile dead builds too.

*edit* - whoops! Can't respec to test, already deleted all my witches in prep for merge/next league. Maybe someone else can check.
Last edited by Shppy on Aug 23, 2018, 1:15:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info