Death is but the start of your servitude.

I have no idea how this could be used. For a minion build it has nothing that would make it worth using over any stat stick rares. For selfcast it looks inferior to pledge of hands. Mixed build? I don't think they are possible without ≈40 more passive points.

Looks like another 1 alch vendor no-pickup trash.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
Last edited by Oblitus on Aug 23, 2018, 10:53:42 AM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
If there was a hypothetical Necromantic Aegis 2.0 that would give bonuses from the staff to your minions (which is not impossible, we know that minion-related passive tree changes are coming); this would not give the block chance to your minions, as they are not actually wielding the item - they just get all of its bonuses.

An odd edge case, and an odd design decision if intentional - since minions can utilize your shield's block rate just fine with the current Aegis.

(Animated guardians/weapons do properly wield the items they were created from, and would thus get the bonuses - at least as far as I know.)

Maybe.

But to your point, victario is too good to pass up in a minion / specter build with regard to Aegis.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
You know, a second glance at this staff makes me think there's probably a new keystone/unique affix/guardian notable that reads something like 'increases and reductions to your damage apply to your minions as well' (maybe at half magnitude or something, full magnitude seems kinda high considering current %minion damage availability)

After all, with the new Guardian supposedly prioritizing fighting alongside minions, there *must* be some way to be able to scale both yourself and your minions efficiently (outside of the Scourge, cuz forcing that on every self+minion build would be lame if it's an archetype they're trying to promote).

If something like the line I mentioned above would exist, that nice spell damage roll on this staff (maybe the cast speed too if that would also be shared with minions) would apply to the phantasms as well, since phantasms are spell-using minions.
Last edited by Shppy on Aug 23, 2018, 8:19:08 PM
All I know is that thing looks sexy as hell so I hope there is an OP build for it that I can exploit. :D
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
I would love to get my hands on this staff.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Can we please get the tier level for this unique?
"
Shppy wrote:
You know, a second glance at this staff makes me think there's probably a new keystone/unique affix/guardian notable that reads something like 'increases and reductions to your damage apply to your minions as well' (maybe at half magnitude or something, full magnitude seems kinda high considering current %minion damage availability)

After all, with the new Guardian supposedly prioritizing fighting alongside minions, there *must* be some way to be able to scale both yourself and your minions efficiently (outside of the Scourge, cuz forcing that on every self+minion build would be lame if it's an archetype they're trying to promote).

If something like the line I mentioned above would exist, that nice spell damage roll on this staff (maybe the cast speed too if that would also be shared with minions) would apply to the phantasms as well, since phantasms are spell-using minions.

They already stated somewhere (can't remember in which post) that there IS a notable or keystone coming that does exactly that, just like the scourge claw.
"
viovesco wrote:
"
Shppy wrote:

They already stated somewhere (can't remember in which post) that there IS a notable or keystone coming that does exactly that, just like the scourge claw.

you realize i posted that before they said it would happen (in the manifesto), right?
"
Phaeded wrote:
All I know is that thing looks sexy as hell so I hope there is an OP build for it that I can exploit. :D

Pretty much.

Staying tuned.
"
Shppy wrote:
"
viovesco wrote:
"
Shppy wrote:

you realize i posted that before they said it would happen (in the manifesto), right?

In fact, I didn't. My apologies, and grats on the foresight, I suppose. You're a man of vision, no doubt about it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info