Herald of Purity Skill Reveal

"
New skill are always welcome.. but please balance the others.. Arc need a nerf for sure, i rarely say this.. but each time I dont play with arc in his current state , I feel dumb af.

This.

You can make the most intricate and awesome build, do hours of research, do a whole month of perfectionate a character, than just trow the skill you are using to deal damage in the bin and replace it with arc, and its always stronger by far.

Each guide says, you can do this, that and that, OR just forget about it and use arc.....
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
Last edited by IsodorRodosi on Aug 22, 2018, 1:25:16 PM
The minions look 101% useless even on the ez mobs in the demo video let alone the (cancerous) speed-meta endgame.

And I agree with other posters saying that specializing any ascendancy nodes specifically toward one skill is disappointing.

Which would imply a closing statement something along the lines of "Other than that it's cool I guess" but tbh I'm just not feeling it.
Interesting, but the minions doesn't looks very agile, so straight, so "one mace blow" style, they looks like automates. Sure you can do much better minions, including more animations and better style. Maybe with 4 different minions.
Last edited by obi36 on Aug 22, 2018, 2:01:18 PM
I just hope the flat phys increase is enough by itself to make it a viable herald effect. I don't really like the play style with minions. It's boring for me personally.
Will it work attack totems like Ancestral Warchief?
Would be interesting to use as unarmed.
"
rahven32 wrote:
Makes me wonder if the reworked ancestral warchief will be a sentinel of some sort.

Where did they say AW was getting reworked?
"
And of course, you'll be able to further capitalise on your minions with a number of new passive skills in the passive skill tree.

NEW MINION NODES LETS FUCKING GO!!!
IGN:skydog
At the first glance, I'm not a big fan of this new herald nether some skill oriented acendancy nodes but we will see in practice. After all, Necro is full of skills oriented nodes. Even elementalist has some nodes for herals / golems (which is pretty oriented). I am really looking forward to seeing the new Guardian and Pathinder !
"
Thor_Inica wrote:
I have read every comment(so far)and i just dont get why people dislike the minions so much.
If you dont want to deal with buffing both the sentinels and the character itself,just use the herald only for the added phys and dont pay special attention to minions.
If you do want to do something cool with these sentinels and dominating blow,go ahead.Theres just as much if not even more diversity with this skill or without it.

I can speak only from my behalf, but I've noticed there's a fair amount of concerned people when it comes anything which summons extra minions.

There's couple bosses who have trap or similar AoE skills and positioning away from those or avoiding them, raises your chances of survival a lot. Roll some AOE mods on T13+ maps and those mentioned skills become deadly. Easy to avoid by moving around them, but if you have random minions running around you, and again, minion AI is not good one, they will trigger them and cause frustrating moments.

To mention some trap or similar AoE Trigger skill using enemies or places they can cause trouble;
- Malachai, the Map Boss versions.
- Abyssal Lich Amanamu, Liege of the Lightless
- Über Labyrinth, full of traps your Sentinels can step on, sometimes at last Izaro fight too
- Rogue Exiles
- Essence Monster with any tier of Rage Essence
- Breach Bosses, minion spawning hands on the ground

The design of the skill could be better one, like if it spawned untargeatable ghosts/spirits around the player who circle around the him/her and do some damage for boss fights or pack clearing. They could still be made to scale from minions nodes, but in this case it wouldn't have a hindering effect.

Now any build who uses phys for scaling, have to face the question, "Is this really worth it or does it put me in dangerous situations too often?" Watch, there will be rips on streams from HC players where Sentinel triggers ground trap/mine/aoe effect and kills the player and I'd think some HC players won't use this new Herald because of the random element that the Sentinel spawns can cause, the risk vs reward is not worth it.

Just to sum things up, Herald of Purity would be a lot more interesting skill if it didn't had the mentioned qualities people are concerned about. For Summoner builds, absolutely worth to try. Anything else phys related, there most likely is better, and safer, option to choose.

_Skittles_
Last edited by _Skittles_ on Aug 22, 2018, 3:25:05 PM
I, for one, have no problem with a minority of Ascendancies having one or two passives dedicated, partially or otherwise, to specific skills. Especially if they are thematic, as this herald seems to be. So long as it does not become a trend for the majority.

Am excited for this and will be using it on the new Guardian, who, lets be honest, was outshone by necromancer and champion supports anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info