Herald of Purity Skill Reveal

"
Thor_Inica wrote:

Minions don't fit very well in a "Holy Warrior" theme.
That is not a terrible waste of desing space,that's just saving desing space for something else that will fit in better with the whole theme.
I'm not saying that it's the worst decision to add something for these minions in the ascendancy,im saying that,in order to be something"Within the theme"it needs to containg something else(like heralds apply to allies,stuff like that).

depends on the kind of minions, rotting corpses dont go well with a holy knight theme but a bunch of holy spirits/angels is not that far off, either that or we get a pseudo druid summoning spirits wich may explain the templars need to avoid mankind opression simbols such as pants...

anyway can we get some info on this new herald? they just trhow the trailer without any info and i am here scratching my head trying to figure out if its % increace , a flat number, a more increace or some fancy way of buffing phys damage.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Last edited by caboom on Aug 23, 2018, 8:22:59 PM
Sad that this gets to be the physical herald. Rather than summons on kill I was expecting throwing stones or somekind of seismic aoe. This just doesn't fit the physical theme, nor does it it's original name, remember the one you had planned since the beginning (stone).

Also according to the logic that on kill mods aren't great against bosses, a lot of other skills need updating, starting with other heralds.

Will we get herald of thunder/ice with triggered effect to have a chance to trigger on hitting shocked/frozen unique monster?
What about the heral of ash whose effect very specificly rely on overkill damage?
I think keyword is "beefy". 1 Abyss jewel and suddenly everyone and his dog has 4 tanking minions :)
I think this is a great addition. Giving the guardian a little thematic minion love is perfect for us that aren't playing in a party at all times. I have a pair of guardian characters that I could only play when my friends were available. Being able to solo with those characters a bit more is very welcome. Thank you GGG!!!

If the minion AI was a little better that would be awesome too! ;)

I read the entire thread.

I feel that most people's concerns could be easily fixed by making the herald itself not summon the minions but instead tie the summoning feature to the Guardian notables. Therefore everyone can use the herald to augment their physical builds but guardians have the special ability to make spiritual friends to take advantage of the auras and other buffs they are likely sporting.

Would that make everyone happy?

I also don't mind ascendancy nodes catering to somewhat specific play styles. There are plenty of ascendancy paths that just aren't very helpful to a majority of characters and I think that is OK. I don't think I want to see a bunch of phys damage elementalist witches running around in my game. I think specializing the ascendancies a bit is not a bad thing. This game has a shit ton of choices when making a character already.

On the other hand, hopefully the new guardian skill tree nodes will have other generic benefits in addition to buffing this one skill, making them a viable choice for other guardian builds.

Last edited by Lord_Drakken on Aug 25, 2018, 10:21:05 AM
So Herald of Purity and Herald of Agony are comes with minions. I just like WTF... Maybe you should add minions to Thunder, Ice and Ash heralds as well? And what about projectiles chained?
Last edited by K4r4k4s4 on Aug 26, 2018, 3:24:37 AM
hi question can i use other heralds microtransactions with the new herald of purity pls? or is it really just the new celestial one intended?
thx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info