Why do people get vaccines? Don't they research the ingredients?

"
鬼殺し wrote:
this relates: my trust in the medical profession and Australias healthcare system saved me from that agony. That potential permanent damage.

And its why I vax. Idiots can call me ignorant or naive...as long as Im around to be called that, I win.

I do believe my health problems are largely the result of my parents' recklessness but I have no control over that. I can only react and I cant do that without trusting medical professionals. Bottom damn line.

check out this joker, erd. I basically invoked them with the 1%er analogy.

I don't call you an idiot and i dunno why you call them idiots? Everyone needs to chill and have rational debates and yeah ofc there's good medical professionals out there.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Aug 18, 2018, 8:14:12 AM
I don't understand what "erd" means and what the "1%" are btw.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
You dont get a lot. Mostly you dont get how condescending you are acting. Reread your posts but from the perspective of someone who has been in and out of hospital for years, on and off medications, diet after diet...and has now finally been given a medication that drastically reduces the frequency of hospital trips...please. Im off for now. Got better things to do.

You called ppl idiots and i'm "condescending" lol? Atleast i don't stoop to vulgar language when debating.
You think you're the only one who has had health issues? All that "diet after diet" just sounds bogus to me man and you don't "get" a lot.
Last edited by Paldamus on Aug 18, 2018, 8:23:41 AM
"
Paldamus wrote:
Also why can't ppl discuss things normally, without calling others idiots etc.

"
Paldamus wrote:

And what was the cause of your migraine then? To me your post sounds like some random stuff you wrote togther, in order to try and make meds look good lmao. Yeah cos you know headaches come from nowhere magically right. The main cause of headaches is dehydration man, that's not some random stuff i pulled up ot of nowhere.

Way to go from credible to invalidating your "understanding" angle in the space of one post.

You basically just showed no empathy towards someone who experiences a range of very real health issues. You basically just called him an idiot, too.

But let's not be combative, right? :)

"
Paldamus wrote:
@erdelyii ... i dunno what matcha is xD and btw a strong immune system will repel a lot like flues etc.

yeah, I haven't had a course of antibiotics in more than 20 years and rarely get a cold. Even then, it's mild. My immune system is great. I'm still not 100% healthy - too much stress, not enough sleep, unruly mind and emotions.

Matcha is something you might want to drink along with a nice glass of Kool Aid. refreshing and full of antioxidants.

Ah, you don't need me white knighting Charan. You're so damn fast at writing. Said it all. Still, geez,

Take care, ok?

I'm erd, Paldamus.

ed: I reread it properly -- ha!

"
Charan wrote:
check out this joker, erd. I basically invoked them with the 1%er analogy.

Invoker! XD

(I'm picturing a cloak, moody metal music, and incense).

Last edited by erdelyii on Aug 18, 2018, 8:30:29 AM
@ erdelyii

1. I didn't call anyone an idiot, so you saying "you basically called him an idiot" is some imaginary stuff you came up with xD
2.Very real issues? Just because he said so? You think he's the only one who's potentially had health issues?
3.Dunno what kool aid is.
4.Yeah a strong immune system is good stuff.
5.Ah he meant you by "erd" xD
6.Yeah the guy calls ppl idiots, jokers etc and then calls THEM condescending... lmao

anyways i'm outta this thread, it's just a bunch of ppl pointlessly arguing and it's gotten boring ;)
Last edited by Paldamus on Aug 18, 2018, 8:42:35 AM
Yeah, arguing with silly people like us is just silly.

But you're out. Of course!

I best go and entertain myself elsewhere.

"
Paldamus wrote:
And what was the cause of your migraine then? To me your post sounds like some random stuff you wrote togther, in order to try and make meds look good lmao. Yeah cos you know headaches come from nowhere magically right. The main cause of headaches is dehydration man, that's not some random stuff i pulled up ot of nowhere.

There are numerous causes of headaches, some of which also cause dehydration. Dehydration by itself isn't going to ensure a headache. The electrolyte imbalance (loss of sodium, potassium or magnesium) is more likely the cause of a headache associated with dehydration, as the loss of these allows more water to seep out of the blood vessels and leak into the brain tissue. That extra intracranial pressure causes the headache in these cases, not the decrease in overall bodily fluids.

Hormones, sinus inflammation/infection, diseases which cause a deficiency of protein (such as chronic alcoholism which lowers the albumin in the blood) and of course high blood pressure are among common causes of headaches. Anything that causes the neck muscles to tense up can cause headaches.

Although the majority of headaches are caused by some common things, that doesn't help the people who don't fall in those common causes.

My best advice for people who may suffer from any medical issue that they are having trouble figuring out is to keep a daily journal of what you do (work, sleep, stressors etc), eat, when symptoms start or stop, and what seems to make things better or worse. That information along with some tests will likely help you and your doctor pinpoint the cause of the problem a whole lot sooner than just going back and forth to the doctor alone.

Suffering through an illness sucks. Suffering and having no idea what is going on and whether there is any chance for relief sucks even more. No one should have to be in that boat. :(
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Aug 18, 2018, 9:48:53 AM
"
Paldamus wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
You dont get a lot. Mostly you dont get how condescending you are acting. Reread your posts but from the perspective of someone who has been in and out of hospital for years, on and off medications, diet after diet...and has now finally been given a medication that drastically reduces the frequency of hospital trips...please. Im off for now. Got better things to do.

You called ppl idiots and i'm "condescending" lol? Atleast i don't stoop to vulgar language when debating.
You think you're the only one who has had health issues? All that "diet after diet" just sounds bogus to me man and you don't "get" a lot.

My friend that had polio with one short bad leg was relatively lucky. A fellow from the chess club had a horrible hunch back and could barely walk or talk. Perhaps that's why he loved fluid slashing wild attack positions in chess so much? I asked him one day what caused his physical handicap. With physical difficulty he explained his parents didn't get him a polio vaccine when he was little because they were very stupid. Parents that don't get their kids shots against disfiguring or life threatening diseases are stupid. We can argue if such a rational position is condescending or not. I guess I could say instead that they are misguided and made a very poor parenting decision? Is that better?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
The journal is a great idea, DalaiLama, especially when most GPs have ten minutes to sit with a patient at the front line office.

Turtledove, your friend's experiences touch on what makes me so angry at antivaxxers - they are making ill-informed "personal" choices for people who have no say in the decisions - children and babies, whith life-changing consequences that could be easily prevented.

It's not as simple as "medicine" v "natural", either, as a general comment to the topic at hand.

From earlier this year:

"
Are Big Food and Big Pharma really killing people for profit globally? Yes, say some of the biggest names in European medicine. They’re joining forces on a panel discussion at the European Parliament in Brussels on April 12

The doctors say they will “blow the cover” on the dark world of Big Food and Big Pharma lobbying to influence dietary and medical guidelines.

They promise a “unified show of force” that will expose collusion between politicians, respected medical institutions, “charities” and medical journals. They will present new evidence of how food and drug industries have coerced doctors into prescribing unnecessary and potentially harmful treatments.

And they will show that major conflicts of interest at the highest levels have “hijacked evidence-based medicine”. The result, they say, has been an “epidemic of misinformation”.

Heading the panel is award-winning British cardiologist Dr Aseem Malhotra. With him are Dr Richard Thompson, personal physician to Britain’s Queen Elizabeth from 1984 to 2005 and past president of the Royal College of Physicians; endocrinologist Dr Carl Heneghan, Oxford University professor of evidence-based medicine; and Dutch diabetes professor at Leiden University Dr Hanno Pijl...

Article here

Somewhere between necessary and life-saving or life-improving treatment and the modern behemoth of overdiagnosis and overmedication is a happy medium, surely.

No-one for a second would seriously want to bring back gangrene, no anaesthetic, high risk childbirth, diabetes type 1, TB, measles...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info