When is Incursion Being Added to the Core Game?

"
colossalaiur wrote:

[...] A couple of things I hope that I can see in the incursion update with 3.5:

1. Can you please balance the mobs in the temple? The are not too difficult by themselves, but the instant one-shot AI on ranged mobs [...]

With my 2nd char (in Flashback). I have to change a flask (speed) and change shield with 6% spell dodge to squeeze out a bit more survivability.

I think Incursion added to the core, adds more diversity, which is very welcome - forms, and kinds of dmg (spell, chaos), as well as type of play (against clock, large temple, some player autonomy building the temple).

The latter one can certainly be juiced up a bit: building the temple to increase boss loot drop higher weighting (to go out of the way of GGG dislike for deterministic farming). As talked in many podcasts and reddits - why upgrade the boss with fire, if it just makes it more difficult, stupid. Why not, especially if you play SSF, and want to give your char an item upgrade/boost, you upgrade accordingly, and hope for your RNG to strike. Pretty please.

... after all, one can farm deterministically for Shavronne's Wrappings (Div Card), a semi build-enabling item.
Last edited by RPGNoobANKA on Aug 13, 2018, 9:46:38 PM
Normally i dont post on things (Actually like my first post ever) But i feel like i need to thank the devs. I have never seen a game that takes care of their players like you do. Thank you.
Well yeah since you actually pointed that out...I thought there might be a chance that they enable it in general such that they won't just make it that way...but I thought about it as well.
Can you guys work on the timers a bit?

I could do incursions well on shield charge characters, but on my chin sol trapper I would run out of time even though my damage was more than enough. It had blink arrow + one adrenaline pot and a quicksilver. Maybe if I wasn't ssf and had the queen of the forest the timer would be sufficient. As is I think incursions hurt builds that aren't focused on movement.

Anyhow it is good news.
"
xxzavxx wrote:
Can you guys work on the timers a bit?

I could do incursions well on shield charge characters, but on my chin sol trapper I would run out of time even though my damage was more than enough. It had blink arrow + one adrenaline pot and a quicksilver. Maybe if I wasn't ssf and had the queen of the forest the timer would be sufficient. As is I think incursions hurt builds that aren't focused on movement.

Anyhow it is good news.

Not as pro on Incursion as most in this thread, but I do totally agree that the timers could stand to be buffed. Shoehorning the playerbase into clearspeed builds isn't the best way to encourage build diversity.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
please enable the unique drops from incursion in 3.4
Nice

Why dont make legendary in the game like legendary weapons or somthing
This is good to hear; I really liked Incursion but I didn't get enough of a chance to play it due to Troublesome Life Circumstances on my end. I was a little worried that, after you put all that work into Bestiary and then canned it, if the same had happened here it felt like the game might be transitioning entirely into a themed-season product. Fears assuaged, hooray :)
Cool!
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
The league was great in general, but the temple got boring fast. Despite it having good mob density, the temple layout would make it so backtracking would be a major pain. The temple boss fight was a one-time thing, and the rewards were pretty terrible in my experience. I did not get a single league unique to drop out of the belts, and did not see a vial. The incursions, on the other hand, despite the pause from having to jump into them, felt wonderful. It was legitimately enjoyable to run incursions. This together made it so that I'd ignore temple planning mechanics and would just run into the incursions to clear them quickly, picking an architect at random. Once my incursion quota was complete, I'd see if there was any room(s) in the temple worth running to quickly and then reset my temple only to be able to run more incursions. I have no idea how this could be worked out, but my general idea is that incursions should remain very to close to how they are at the moment, and perhaps temple runs should just be specific architect fights without running the actual temple(?)

In any case, delaying the integration sounds extremely smart. You guys are wonderful developers, so I'm sure you'll sort it out in a proper manner. Thanks tons for the continuous updates!
Last edited by lucksickle on Aug 13, 2018, 9:24:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info