[3.5] Occult ArcPoet - All Content | Millions+ DPS | ÜElder | Delve 1k+ | Videos

"

my main thing is im trying to find the correct tree to follow since the only version i ever attempted before for poet's was vd when it first came out and didnt touch it since then. i wanted to try arc warp / ball nova instead for upcoming league but i was unsure which poet's guide to go off of for arc and ball while still keeping it budget till i could afford to make it stronger so i was trying to verify if anything in terms of literal barebones was still required these days besides poet's in order to make the least costly version work lol

Okay, gotcha. Yeah, this still works even with just Arc and Ball lightning instead of VD - no problem.

I would also Level with Ball Lightning and Arc (+ a bunch of quicksilver flasks) in the pens instead of starting out with Lightning Warp. Lightning Warp only gets fast with higher levels on its support gems + some quality on them. Before that they feel a bit clunky. I would put Warp and its supports into some other piece of gear while leveling so you get the gems up - so you can switch em in later on.

Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Aug 27, 2018, 5:56:03 AM
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"

my main thing is im trying to find the correct tree to follow since the only version i ever attempted before for poet's was vd when it first came out and didnt touch it since then. i wanted to try arc warp / ball nova instead for upcoming league but i was unsure which poet's guide to go off of for arc and ball while still keeping it budget till i could afford to make it stronger so i was trying to verify if anything in terms of literal barebones was still required these days besides poet's in order to make the least costly version work lol

Okay, gotcha. Yeah, this still works even with just Arc and Ball lightning instead of VD - no problem.

I would also Level with Ball Lightning and Arc (+ a bunch of quicksilver flasks) in the pens instead of starting out with Lightning Warp. Lightning Warp only gets fast with higher levels on its support gems + some quality on them. Before that they feel a bit clunky. I would put Warp and its supports into some other piece of gear while leveling so you get the gems up - so you can switch em in later on.

thank you thats exactly what i was looking for haha. lastly, if i cant gear up to the gear on this specific occult, should i stay elementalist? or is it fine to stick with occult? i had planned to stay life based till i got everything and then respecced later
"

thank you thats exactly what i was looking for haha. lastly, if i cant gear up to the gear on this specific occult, should i stay elementalist? or is it fine to stick with occult? i had planned to stay life based till i got everything and then respecced later

I think there is no reason to go Elementalist first.

The reason why I would stay and Level as Occultist: Both the ascendencies I would get at first - Profane Bloom and Wicked Ward - activley help you while leveling; more so then Shaper of Desolation or Pendulum of Destruction from the Elementalist would. The Occultists Ascendancies offer Defense and Clearspeed while the Elementalists offer only well, nothing and SingleTarget Damage - which we dont really need while leveling.

The other point is that - if I understood you correctly - that you ultimatley want to play as this build, right? In that case its also useful to look for/aquire gear with ES on it and related stats. Its actually quite a bit cheaper too while leveling since most players currently in the meta favour Life based builds.

There are multiple people in this thread who made videos of their gearing in progress Characters - and a streamer even leveled with this build as a leaguestarter iirc.

The biggest hurdle you will always have fresh into a leage is to get two poet's pens. But thats soemthing both life based and es based have to deal with. So no; I would start at this build and level through with it.
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"

I think there is no reason to go Elementalist first.

The reason why I would stay and Level as Occultist: Both the ascendencies I would get at first - Profane Bloom and Wicked Ward - activley help you while leveling; more so then Shaper of Desolation or Pendulum of Destruction from the Elementalist would. The Occultists Ascendancies offer Defense and Clearspeed while the Elementalists offer only well, nothing and SingleTarget Damage - which we dont really need while leveling.

The other point is that - if I understood you correctly - that you ultimatley want to play as this build, right? In that case its also useful to look for/aquire gear with ES on it and related stats. Its actually quite a bit cheaper too while leveling since most players currently in the meta favour Life based builds.

There are multiple people in this thread who made videos of their gearing in progress Characters - and a streamer even leveled with this build as a leaguestarter iirc.

The biggest hurdle you will always have fresh into a leage is to get two poet's pens. But thats soemthing both life based and es based have to deal with. So no; I would start at this build and level through with it.

thanks so much, was everything i needed to know. i know getting poets early is rare so ill be using something else in the meantime to farm lab till i can buy them and then things will be fine. much obliged cyrix
Finally got my gear from Incursion and threw the Watcher's Eye in the tree, added the 21/20 gems and corrupted Pens from my Teleports Behind You build from Incursion. I didn't throw on the Indigon yet because I picked up a helm in Standard with a nice enchant. Phoenix just melted in my first run with this setup.

Video: https://youtu.be/8rAryOTOgS0?t=3m11s
PoB: https://pastebin.com/SyTr9izR

Thanks for the great build :)
Last edited by YT_HB on Aug 28, 2018, 2:28:30 AM
How to start leveling this build on the beginning of new league? Self arc or there is something better?

I heard from another topic that pain attunement won't be available next league, how does it reflect to build?
"
Ventori wrote:
How to start leveling this build on the beginning of new league? Self arc or there is something better?

I heard from another topic that pain attunement won't be available next league, how does it reflect to build?

You could probably use Enki's Arc Witch guide as a general leveling guide but use the skill tree in this guide. That should work well enough as far as gear and skills are concerned.
"
Ventori wrote:

Same as every other caster ^^ - You can basically choose whatever skill you want. Freezing Pulse + Frost Bomb is a strong early recommedation.
Tbh early levels are kinda the same for all builds - if you go melee you almost always go to frostblades and as a caster Freezing Pulse. You can also selfcast Arc, sure. Tbh there are enough points in the tree to take before you go into lightning specific stuff that you are very free with your casting skills early on.

The loss of Pain Attunement would reduce the Builds DPS - obviously. Other then that it doesn't matter though. It could potentially free up the chestslot though - enabling us to get rid of Purity of elements and useing a strong rare Chest with Resists instead. Making us a hybrid life/ES Build with one Life-Flask in the Belt to counteract the occasional Chaos damage. (and since we have positive chaos resists thats easily viable).

I would be very curious though were you read about a change like that. I would be *very* surprised if GGG gets rid of such a build defining Keystone.

@€dit says: I typed for to long! YT_HBs recommedation is good too! :)
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Aug 28, 2018, 3:23:12 PM
"
Ventori wrote:

Nothing in the patch notes for Pain of Attunement or Arc so the build looks good.
Last edited by YT_HB on Aug 28, 2018, 10:17:13 PM
Uber Elder down.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info