[3.5] Occult ArcPoet - All Content | Millions+ DPS | ÜElder | Delve 1k+ | Videos

"
YT_HB wrote:

Correct on the HoI. I have it there just when mapping. It can help explode the porcupines so the spikes don't launch on death. I will most likely put Artic Armour or HoT back in that slot at some point. And yeah, it brings back my love for the Teleports Behind You build. ;)

I plan on running Clarity for my Watcher's Eye though so I'll need to drop either Arctic Armour or Hot - I'm not sure which one yet.

The Frenzy chain is just something I'm playing with. Once everything comes over from the temp league, I'm going to try to get my Frenzy chain to spend as much mana as possible to try to get Indigon to ramp up quicker and at a higher rate. But at the same time try to keep the APS ~ 3.75

I'm also going to play with putting Blood Rage into my CWDT setup (along with possibly changing to Barrage from Frenzy). With BM getting proc'd from a low level CWDT along with "50% increased Recovery of Life and Energy Shield if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time Recently" and "25% reduced Physical Damage over Time Damage taken while moving" from the Pantheon it could be an interesting setup.

Gotta love PoE with all the options and slight tweaks that are able to be toyed with.

I think you can run both a HoT and a lv1 Clarity (really cheap - takes up 10 mana or so? if that) since you run without the spider aura which I can run in addition to all the other stuff. Its a 25% reservation Aura. Should leave you plenty of room for the Clarity.
The Manaregen you get from the Watcher's is neat - but the more regen you have the more unreserved Mana you need to make use of a more expensive/ramped Frenzy.

For getting the Manacost up on Frenzy you ideally have two red Sockets. MeleeSplash and Multistrike don't do anything for us since we fire Frenzy from a Wand - BUT! - they still apply their huge 185% iirc ManacostMulti to Frenzy since Frenzy also has the Attack Keyword and can be used with MeleeWeapons. Something to keep in mind.

Cwdt will not get procced from BloodRages own Damage. There isnt a source for 'hitting yourself' in the game - people would have figured out how to break the game with cwdt stuff way to quickly. So I am not sure how you will stop the Bloodrage Degeneration reliably.

I did try that too and always came to the conclusion thats its not for me. To often it left me exposed and added more hassle then it was worth. Overleech sadly doesnt work with Ghost Reaver - otherwise an Elementalist/Inquisitor + Slayer Scion would work well for this build. But as it stands I could not make it work. Curious what your findings are.
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
Cwdt will not get procced from BloodRages own Damage. There isnt a source for 'hitting yourself' in the game - people would have figured out how to break the game with cwdt stuff way to quickly. So I am not sure how you will stop the Bloodrage Degeneration reliably.

I did try that too and always came to the conclusion thats its not for me. To often it left me exposed and added more hassle then it was worth. Overleech sadly doesnt work with Ghost Reaver - otherwise an Elementalist/Inquisitor + Slayer Scion would work well for this build. But as it stands I could not make it work. Curious what your findings are.

Yeah, I've never really liked Blood Rage much either but here's the thought anyway: with CWTD low between 1-3 it should be proc'd almost every time I get hit. Say I get hit, Blood Rage is up. I get hit again and Blood Rage get's proc'd again. When that happens, I stop taking damage over time from the previous BR proc and begin taking damage over time again from the new BR proc. That will give me 50% ES regen. So, every time BR get's proc'd which should be quite often, the ES regen gets a boost. Will the ES regen boost outweigh the phys damage from BR? I think it should but I'm not sure yet.

Once I get the Watcher's Eye this whole thing could be moot but it's fun to think about. But if the Blood Rage setup works well and I'm able to gain Frenzy charges with that also, swapping Barrage for Frenzy would allow a lot more ES gain on hit compared to Frenzy.

None of this is needed. I just like to try out little tweaks here and there to see how things change.
"
YT_HB wrote:

Yeah, I've never really liked Blood Rage much either but here's the thought anyway: with CWTD low between 1-3 it should be proc'd almost every time I get hit. Say I get hit, Blood Rage is up. I get hit again and Blood Rage get's proc'd again. When that happens, I stop taking damage over time from the previous BR proc and begin taking damage over time again from the new BR proc. That will give me 50% ES regen. So, every time BR get's proc'd which should be quite often, the ES regen gets a boost. Will the ES regen boost outweigh the phys damage from BR? I think it should but I'm not sure yet.

Once I get the Watcher's Eye this whole thing could be moot but it's fun to think about. But if the Blood Rage setup works well and I'm able to gain Frenzy charges with that also, swapping Barrage for Frenzy would allow a lot more ES gain on hit compared to Frenzy.

None of this is needed. I just like to try out little tweaks here and there to see how things change.

Yeah, I love what you are doing.

I think we get hit very very rarely - at least this Bloodrage setup didn't work for me. If we had overleech - that means we keep our leech instances after we hit full ES - then it would work imo a lot better. Since the Degen would basically get permanently outleeched. As it stands we kinda don't get hit very often - The improved recovery got tirggered very rarely for me and was not really worth it IMO. But yeah. Curious what you will think about it when you test it. :P
Still enjoying this build while I wait for my Indigon and Watcher's Eye to arrive in Standard from Incursion. I was able to tank Minotaur (except moving for the burrowing attack he does) and Hydra without either of those gear pieces.
Last edited by YT_HB on Aug 26, 2018, 4:50:56 PM
is there a budget variation i can go with till i can get the required complete gear? im fine with not going low life for now and just using arc warp for farming till i get currency to buy the rest of the gear needed. and if i do go budget, should i still go occult? or go elementalist? just trying to find the right tree to follow when first starting out
"
is there a budget variation i can go with till i can get the required complete gear? im fine with not going low life for now and just using arc warp for farming till i get currency to buy the rest of the gear needed. and if i do go budget, should i still go occult? or go elementalist? just trying to find the right tree to follow when first starting out

The Poet's Pens are a must - otherwise you can't use both Arc and Warp at the same time.
Other then that I would try got a Warlords Mark on Hit Ring. They tend to be expensive if you dont craft one yourself - All you really need is an ElderBase (Item Level of it should be in the high 70s. No need to grab something expensive in the 80s) and AlterationOrb Spam on it till you get the Warlords MArk on Hit Roll - the level of the Warlords Mark doesnt matter at all. Just Augment/Regal that Ring and put a Craft on it to call it a day. (also congrats(!) you just made 5EX if you want to sell it - good way to make currency out of AltOrbs!)

You can leave the Auras that run on BloodMagic off or switch them out with those that run on Mana. (depending on wether you need DPS or defenses) You also propably have the Amulet Slot free for additonal resists if you dont have a Shav/Presence yet.

If you dont have the Presence of Chayula run something else in the Amulet Slot - specc into Vile Bastion instead of the PowerCharge-stuff though, as mentioned on the front page. You ought to have the Stun Immunity.

I hope that helped you!
is it possible to do a barebones copy of vd version with just the pens and swapping out vd for the arc set up? cause even getting a ring and hoping you can get the warlords mark is expensive for budget unless youre lucky
"
is it possible to do a barebones copy of vd version with just the pens and swapping out vd for the arc set up? cause even getting a ring and hoping you can get the warlords mark is expensive for budget unless youre lucky

Sure, you can cut out everything but the poet's pens.

But I kinda don't know what your question is? If you can socket Arc into a poets pen? Why wouldnt you be able to? I am so confused! xD
"
YT_HB wrote:
Still enjoying this build while I wait for my Indigon and Watcher's Eye to arrive in Standard from Incursion. I was able to tank Minotaur (except moving for the burrowing attack he does) and Hydra without either of those gear pieces.

Someone went crazy on the MTX sale! :D :)

Thank you for doing those vids. I think they really help people understand that this build is very strong even without some of the more expensive gear pieces and well suited for leveling up with it. Well - Poet's Pens aside I guess.
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"

Sure, you can cut out everything but the poet's pens.

But I kinda don't know what your question is? If you can socket Arc into a poets pen? Why wouldnt you be able to? I am so confused! xD

my main thing is im trying to find the correct tree to follow since the only version i ever attempted before for poet's was vd when it first came out and didnt touch it since then. i wanted to try arc warp / ball nova instead for upcoming league but i was unsure which poet's guide to go off of for arc and ball while still keeping it budget till i could afford to make it stronger so i was trying to verify if anything in terms of literal barebones was still required these days besides poet's in order to make the least costly version work lol
Last edited by poesellouttotencent on Aug 26, 2018, 9:20:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info