[3.5] Occult ArcPoet - All Content | Millions+ DPS | ÜElder | Delve 1k+ | Videos

After playing the Teleports Behind You build (great build btw, highly recommended) for Incursion, I thought I'd give this a try. I've been wanting to try it out for a while but wanted to level up the other build to 95 before I started on this.

I had an old level 87 witch in Standard that had a passive reset waiting so I started with that and tried to follow this guide as best as possible with what I had available in Standard. After going through about 400 remove-only stash tabs worth of crap and getting all the missing skill points from acts 6-10 (this char was before the expansion) I finally got it to a point where I wanted to see how it handled a T15 map.

There was no problem with this T15 at level 87 with this build without some of the key pieces to the build.

Here's the Pastebin for the level 87 char that I ran on the T15 map: https://pastebin.com/vJva7T0L

Here's the video of the T15 Carcass run:
Boss Start: https://youtu.be/lK2A6BX43gs?t=3m49s
Map Start: https://youtu.be/lK2A6BX43gs
- Not a speed run so it's boring but the build was solid.

Some notable differences because of the gear I had available:
- No Indigon
- No Watcher's Eye (I have one in Incursion that I'm waiting to use after league ends)
- I took Zealot's Oath to use Sulphur flasks to regain ES because I didn't have the Watcher's eye ES gain on hit yet.
- No Orb of Storms - Arcane Surge setup.
- Clarity instead of Purity of Elements

Thanks for the build Cyrix1337.

Edit: I also just ran a corrupted T16 Chimera with this same level 87 char. Not deathless, but it should have been. I kept hitting the old life flask keys in habit of the previous build.

Edit 2: Also did Shaper at level 87 with the same Pastebin above missing some key items. Again, not deathless, but I had some portals leftover.
Last edited by YT_HB on Aug 17, 2018, 12:01:40 AM
"
robal53 wrote:
Any tips for leveling? Planning on starting your build on Flashback event. Which way to go first with the passive tree? Should I use Solaris Lorica until I can equip Shavronne's? Are Sin-Trek Boots viable for end-game as there is no way to get Fenumus' Spinnerets?

The passive Tree depends a bit on what Gear you can get your hands on while leveling. In general Poets Pens are strong enough to level without putting any talent points in the tree till level 50 or so.

I would propably fill out the right side of the tree first and then do the left side.

The talents you should be aiming for to take depend a lot more on your available gear then anything else. If you have a Shavronnes Wrapping and enough other ES gear to reserve your lifepool - try to get Pain Attunment and the Aura Nodes.
When you get a Warlords Mark on Hit Ring you ought to have Ghost Reaver etc. Those are the basics. Other then that you can fill out the Leveling Tree as you want and on demand: Get Damage/ES nodes as you see fitting for your current circumstances.

Solaris Lorica is imo not worth it to try to level around with. It has no ES on it which makes going LowLife hard. In general going Low Life when the BloodMagic Support Gem is still leveling can be a pain. So no, I would not recommend it.

Sin-Trek are very much viable for end-game. The only way to get more ES on Boots (+30% Movementspeed) would be rediciolous exepensive rares. Fenumus' Spinnerets will be back in the game btw with Delve - a Devinition Card will give access to Bestiary Gear again in all Leagues.
"
YT_HB wrote:
After playing the Teleports Behind You build (great build btw, highly recommended) for Incursion, I thought I'd give this a try. I've been wanting to try it out for a while but wanted to level up the other build to 95 before I started on this.

I had an old level 87 witch in Standard that had a passive reset waiting so I started with that and tried to follow this guide as best as possible with what I had available in Standard. After going through about 400 remove-only stash tabs worth of crap and getting all the missing skill points from acts 6-10 (this char was before the expansion) I finally got it to a point where I wanted to see how it handled a T15 map.

There was no problem with this T15 at level 87 with this build without some of the key pieces to the build.

Here's the Pastebin for the level 87 char that I ran on the T15 map: https://pastebin.com/vJva7T0L

Here's the video of the T15 Carcass run:
Boss Start: https://youtu.be/lK2A6BX43gs?t=3m49s
Map Start: https://youtu.be/lK2A6BX43gs
- Not a speed run so it's boring but the build was solid.

Some notable differences because of the gear I had available:
- No Indigon
- No Watcher's Eye (I have one in Incursion that I'm waiting to use after league ends)
- I took Zealot's Oath to use Sulphur flasks to regain ES because I didn't have the Watcher's eye ES gain on hit yet.
- No Orb of Storms - Arcane Surge setup.
- Clarity instead of Purity of Elements

Thanks for the build Cyrix1337.

Edit: I also just ran a corrupted T16 Chimera with this same level 87 char. Not deathless, but it should have been. I kept hitting the old life flask keys in habit of the previous build.

Edit 2: Also did Shaper at level 87 with the same Pastebin above missing some key items. Again, not deathless, but I had some portals leftover.

Looks Rock-Solid. As soon as your Blood Magic Support levels to 16 or so you can switch in a purity of elements. With that you can then run Sin Treks which are a massive boost to your ESPool/Leech rate. And with the Watchers Eye you will get a bucketload of in-combat sustain.

Kinda crazy that you could do Shaper with quite a bit of stuff missing. Looks super promising!
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
robal53 wrote:
Any tips for leveling? Planning on starting your build on Flashback event. Which way to go first with the passive tree? Should I use Solaris Lorica until I can equip Shavronne's? Are Sin-Trek Boots viable for end-game as there is no way to get Fenumus' Spinnerets?

The passive Tree depends a bit on what Gear you can get your hands on while leveling. In general Poets Pens are strong enough to level without putting any talent points in the tree till level 50 or so.

I would propably fill out the right side of the tree first and then do the left side.

The talents you should be aiming for to take depend a lot more on your available gear then anything else. If you have a Shavronnes Wrapping and enough other ES gear to reserve your lifepool - try to get Pain Attunment and the Aura Nodes.
When you get a Warlords Mark on Hit Ring you ought to have Ghost Reaver etc. Those are the basics. Other then that you can fill out the Leveling Tree as you want and on demand: Get Damage/ES nodes as you see fitting for your current circumstances.

Solaris Lorica is imo not worth it to try to level around with. It has no ES on it which makes going LowLife hard. In general going Low Life when the BloodMagic Support Gem is still leveling can be a pain. So no, I would not recommend it.

Sin-Trek are very much viable for end-game. The only way to get more ES on Boots (+30% Movementspeed) would be rediciolous exepensive rares. Fenumus' Spinnerets will be back in the game btw with Delve - a Devinition Card will give access to Bestiary Gear again in all Leagues.

Thank you for a quick response. I'm 62lvl and so far it's been THE BEST build I've ever had, lots of fun. But how do you keep up with mana regen or rather lack of it? I struggle with mana since I got all the uniques even with clarity active.
Last edited by robal53 on Aug 17, 2018, 10:53:51 AM
"
robal53 wrote:

Thank you for a quick response. I'm 62lvl and so far it's been THE BEST build I've ever had, lots of fun. But how do you keep up with mana regen or rather lack of it? I struggle with mana since I got all the uniques even with clarity active.

You need an Elder Ring with 'Warlords Mark on Hit'. That makes you leech Mana.

The manareturn from it faaaar outstrips the Cost of Frenzy - and in the very Endgame we use that left over resource to Power an Indigon.

€dit: also make sure to pick up Profane Bloom in your asendency so you can curse HexImmune Enemies.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Aug 17, 2018, 11:06:42 AM
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
robal53 wrote:

The manareturn from it faaaar outstrips the Cost of Frenzy - and in the very Endgame we use that left over resource to Power an Indigon.

€dit: also make sure to pick up Profane Bloom in your asendency so you can curse HexImmune Enemies.

I do have an elder ring with curse on hit, maybe it's because I have too much mana reserved? I have only 99 mana. Do you think turning off Arctic Armour until I get more mana would suffice?
"
robal53 wrote:
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
robal53 wrote:

I do have an elder ring with curse on hit, maybe it's because I have too much mana reserved? I have only 99 mana. Do you think turning off Arctic Armour until I get more mana would suffice?

No, not really. Leave Arctic Armor as is. I mean - you can turn it off... Tbh I don't quite understand what the problem is? :( You don't need much mana to cast Frenzy. Even without Mana your Poet's Pens can still attack- you dont even really *need* to have Frenzy active. And as soon as you hit enemies you gain mana faster then you can spend it. I dont quite grok how you can not have enough mana? :s
You can take of the Greater Multiple Projectiles Support from your Frenzy and replace it with a Blind. That will make Frenzy quite a bit cheaper to cast. GMP is not really needed till you can equip an Indigon anyway. That might smoothe Manasustain out for you?

I think noone here has that problem. I myself have only 102 Mana left unreserved - as you can see in the Videos. Its plenty for me imo.
Such a fun build. I'm still waiting for my Watcher's Eye and enchanted Indigon to come over to Standard from Incursion to finish up my gear but even without that stuff the build rocks. Here's a quick Chimera run. Got uber elder waiting for me once I get the last pieces of gear.
"
YT_HB wrote:
Such a fun build. I'm still waiting for my Watcher's Eye and enchanted Indigon to come over to Standard from Incursion to finish up my gear but even without that stuff the build rocks. Here's a quick Chimera run. Got uber elder waiting for me once I get the last pieces of gear.

Thank you for sharing your Impressions! Looks solid and fun so far even without the Watcher's Eye! :)

Wanna talk a bit about the small changes you made? I assume Herald of Ice is in to make it easier to deal with the loss of an Inpulsa compared to your previous Build? :P
In the Endgame keep in Mind that we get ES on Hit. Which means Herald of Thunder is pretty neat during Bosses.

You also have a really long Frenzy Chain and use A Lightning Golem instead of an Ice Golem - whats up with that? :)

Thanks again for checking things out!
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
YT_HB wrote:

Thank you for sharing your Impressions! Looks solid and fun so far even without the Watcher's Eye! :)

Wanna talk a bit about the small changes you made? I assume Herald of Ice is in to make it easier to deal with the loss of an Inpulsa compared to your previous Build? :P
In the Endgame keep in Mind that we get ES on Hit. Which means Herald of Thunder is pretty neat during Bosses.

You also have a really long Frenzy Chain and use A Lightning Golem instead of an Ice Golem - whats up with that? :)

Thanks again for checking things out!

Correct on the HoI. I have it there just when mapping. It can help explode the porcupines so the spikes don't launch on death. I will most likely put Artic Armour or HoT back in that slot at some point. And yeah, it brings back my love for the Teleports Behind You build. ;)

I plan on running Clarity for my Watcher's Eye though so I'll need to drop either Arctic Armour or Hot - I'm not sure which one yet.

The Frenzy chain is just something I'm playing with. Once everything comes over from the temp league, I'm going to try to get my Frenzy chain to spend as much mana as possible to try to get Indigon to ramp up quicker and at a higher rate. But at the same time try to keep the APS ~ 3.75

I'm also going to play with putting Blood Rage into my CWDT setup (along with possibly changing to Barrage from Frenzy). With BM getting proc'd from a low level CWDT along with "50% increased Recovery of Life and Energy Shield if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time Recently" and "25% reduced Physical Damage over Time Damage taken while moving" from the Pantheon it could be an interesting setup.

Gotta love PoE with all the options and slight tweaks that are able to be toyed with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info