[3.5] Occult ArcPoet - All Content | Millions+ DPS | ÜElder | Delve 1k+ | Videos

is this build RIP?? or if we increase the attack and cast speed it is still viable??
"
Black_Fantom wrote:
is this build RIP?? or if we increase the attack and cast speed it is still viable??

It isn't "RIP" - but the damage got halfed. If we increase the Attackspeed via different passives, gear etc it might just be working as before.
Since Damage never was the problem anyway.... *shrug*.

It might just work as before simply by useing Barrage. *doubleshrug*

There might be other stuff with Ghost Reaver etc that we need to take a look at too and the other ES leech nodes. Might just work without a Warlords Mark now... But to be quite honest? I dont care. ^^

I have made this build over a year ago. Someone else can try to update it if he wants to.

I am super burned out on the game in general.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Mar 6, 2019, 6:45:08 AM
PP is far from being dead, there are already discussions about AS to bring them up were they were before and they interaction with barrage (It could be a buff with the LGOT with the new ghost reaver) and since you usually warp between packs over packs arc range nerf mean nothing to us, now we need to know how much AS we need and what we need to sacrifice in exchange (our curses are crap atm so we can start from there)
Last edited by caladblog on Mar 6, 2019, 8:45:41 AM
"
caladblog wrote:
...now we need to know how much AS we need and what we need to sacrifice in exchange (our curses are crap atm so we can start from there)

To get currently required APS of 3.8 we need around 105% increased attack speed total.
After nerf we will need to double that to 7.4 APS or around 300% increased attack speed.
I don't see how this can be achieved as Occultist.

Unless Barrage still works close to pre-nerf this build is truely dead.
"
1ofeach wrote:
"
caladblog wrote:
...now we need to know how much AS we need and what we need to sacrifice in exchange (our curses are crap atm so we can start from there)

To get currently required APS of 3.8 we need around 105% increased attack speed total.
After nerf we will need to double that to 7.4 APS or around 300% increased attack speed.
I don't see how this can be achieved as Occultist.

Unless Barrage still works close to pre-nerf this build is truely dead.

We do not need to hit the attackspeed cap to deal good damage...

We had about 8Mio Damage give or take before the nerf - now we will have 4Mio Dps.

Thats still more then most builds can think about doing.

Like - I am not interested in rewriting the guide at all but I get tired of tryhards who can't parse what certain numbers and nerfs actually mean writing off certain items, builds, classes etc...

Actually; you know what? You do you. Your type is the exact same that followed the 'ES IS DEAD' train when I made this build the first time around. I certainly did enjoy my 2c Shavs back then and I am looking forward to see you metaslaves running after the next thing.

Mathil recently did an Bleed Berseker and farmed UElder with it - it took him about what? 20 hours playtime to get there?

This builds skills and Poet's Pens in general are certainly nowhere close to being as haggard and underperforming as either Berseker or Bleed.

But brainless outrage culture is a thing in this day and age - I think I am getting to old for this shit.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Mar 6, 2019, 10:13:59 AM
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

What a wall of text for nothing....

But anyway back on topic.

I did some testing trying to emulate new lighting warp mechanics by putting lighting warp with less duration and arc in one pen, and nothing in the other pen. Also using less duration enchanted helmet to simulate LW 3 link.
Clear speed might not hurt too much, but it feels way more clunky and unpredictable, especially in maps with bad layouts like cells. It definitely feels like that smooth teleporting from pack to pack its gone now.

Another thing I thought about is single target DPS. I think going dual wield will not be worth it anymore. Arc not only does less damage than Ball lightning for single target, but it also hits once per cast or two times per second vs ball lightning hitting 8 times per ball per second. That means by dual wielding arc and ball we would basically halve energy shield gain on hit from watcher's eye. Instead using good caster shield should provide nice DPS boost to counter poet's nerf. We do loose dual wield attack speed bonus with shield tho.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by 1ofeach on Mar 6, 2019, 12:54:26 PM
-
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Mar 6, 2019, 2:30:46 PM
How much do you think this build (or one similar to it) suffer from the poets pen nerf, since barrage alternates weapons for each projectile? Going to test it out once my character gets bumped to standard to check
Last edited by Repromise on Mar 6, 2019, 5:44:08 PM
"
Repromise wrote:
How much do you think this build (or one similar to it) suffer from the poets pen nerf, since barrage alternates weapons for each projectile? Going to test it out once my character gets bumped to standard to check

Patch is not up yet, wait until friday to test it
"
caladblog wrote:
"
Repromise wrote:

Patch is not up yet, wait until friday to test it

Sorry that's what I meant, I'll test it once the patch is live
Last edited by Repromise on Mar 6, 2019, 6:44:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info