[3.5] Occult ArcPoet - All Content | Millions+ DPS | ÜElder | Delve 1k+ | Videos

"
Chronosphage wrote:
Hey there,

I'm considering switching over to this build. I have most of what I'll need so far but I'll be using Choir of the Storm for a bit, and the Warlord's Mark ring I plan on using isn't the best (though it certainly could be worse)

I was wondering though, how essential are the level 4 enlightens? Can I still use the indigon without them?

Thanks!

No, the Indigon needs at least one lv4 enlighten and - to make the most out of it - also a 6-offcolour shavs and a second lv4 enlighten.

Get a Vertex before you get an Indigon and play that first - transition later on when you know the build a lot better. You won't even waste any investment. (besides buying a vertex now that you can then sell again)

It is mentioned in the OP in the PoB section - it also has the two PoBs both for the build with and without the Indigon. Please play it without one if you are just switching over from something else and dont have a lot of currency.

I mention it multiple times in the OP - but the Indigon isnt an item you just slap on a build and call it a day. It needs investment and setup to make it work properly.
Hi Cyrix1337,

i just started to play poe again and leveled with tripple hearld bv.

Now i consider playing your great occultist ArcPoet or Teleport Behind you Elementalist Warp&Arc.

If you know the other build, what are your thoughts about the difference of these 2 builds ? pros / cons ?

Thanks for your response :-)

Eo
"
sky19760 wrote:
Hi Cyrix1337,

Now i consider playing your great occultist ArcPoet or Teleport Behind you Elementalist Warp&Arc.

If you know the other build, what are your thoughts about the difference of these 2 builds ? pros / cons ?

Eo

The Pros of the Blade Vortex Build? Uff. I think you know those better then myself.

I dislike BladeVortex a bit on principle - I feel like its clunky to play.
Its rather cheap to level/gear when you start out but to get the most out of the build you need really expensive shaped rares I feel like. So 'cheap' might become a bit of a trap later on.

The Damage can be really neat though if you are well kittet out. It comes close to what this build here can do.

I also feel like Elementalist in general is a shitty Ascendency that has to much rotating/random crap in it. At least thats my opinion on it.

The 'Teleports behind you Build' is strictly inferior to this build. It's only saving grace is the initial cost of gearing and that Inpulsa Electro Explosions look prettier then Profane Bloom Chaos explosions. And having a life flask against traps in the lab I guess.

The Cons of this Build compared to the others are:

-> While it can work with only the Pens and a Warlords Mark on Hit ring (supercheap now in delve with the new legendary ring that you can substitute with) some of the gear you would want can get expensive. I tend to see it as a good thing since it means you can play and gear/improve this character for a long time. Thats kind of how every build is though.

-> This guide and I myself am not very beginner friendly. :P I try to answer questions but I can't be bothered to spend my time writing up explanations about mana reservation or stuff like that. Read the wiki folks and use PoB.

So in essence: In terms of Damage/Bossing/Mapping etc this Build is propably better then almost all builds out there. There are builds that are strictly better for bossing (like most RF builds) or some are even faster in (lowlevel) maps (like most Kinetic Blast Rangers) - but imo none that can compete with this build over all disciplines.

It's not cheap to make and not beginner friendly in terms of mechanics.
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
Chronosphage wrote:
Hey there,

I'm considering switching over to this build. I have most of what I'll need so far but I'll be using Choir of the Storm for a bit, and the Warlord's Mark ring I plan on using isn't the best (though it certainly could be worse)

I was wondering though, how essential are the level 4 enlightens? Can I still use the indigon without them?

Thanks!

No, the Indigon needs at least one lv4 enlighten and - to make the most out of it - also a 6-offcolour shavs and a second lv4 enlighten.

Get a Vertex before you get an Indigon and play that first - transition later on when you know the build a lot better. You won't even waste any investment. (besides buying a vertex now that you can then sell again)

It is mentioned in the OP in the PoB section - it also has the two PoBs both for the build with and without the Indigon. Please play it without one if you are just switching over from something else and dont have a lot of currency.

I mention it multiple times in the OP - but the Indigon isnt an item you just slap on a build and call it a day. It needs investment and setup to make it work properly.

Excellent, I appreciate it. This build seems much better than the one I'm currently running so I'll probably switch sometime today. I noticed on the PoB you have various gems at lower levels (examples being Immortal call at level 3, Ice golem at 3, arcane surge at 10) is there any particular reason for that?

I was also curious about the gloves, I notice you have Blind in there, what's the reason for the Blind?

If I'm using a 6L should I just stick with what you have on this PoB (IC, CWDT, ID, SIG, AS, OOS)?

Appreciate the info though, looking forward to switching over, thanks :)!
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
sky19760 wrote:
Hi Cyrix1337,

Eo

The Pros of the Blade Vortex Build? Uff. I think you know those better then myself.

I dislike BladeVortex a bit on principle - I feel like its clunky to play.
Its rather cheap to level/gear when you start out but to get the most out of the build you need really expensive shaped rares I feel like. So 'cheap' might become a bit of a trap later on.

The Damage can be really neat though if you are well kittet out. It comes close to what this build here can do.

I also feel like Elementalist in general is a shitty Ascendency that has to much rotating/random crap in it. At least thats my opinion on it.

The 'Teleports behind you Build' is strictly inferior to this build. It's only saving grace is the initial cost of gearing and that Inpulsa Electro Explosions look prettier then Profane Bloom Chaos explosions. And having a life flask against traps in the lab I guess.

The Cons of this Build compared to the others are:

-> While it can work with only the Pens and a Warlords Mark on Hit ring (supercheap now in delve with the new legendary ring that you can substitute with) some of the gear you would want can get expensive. I tend to see it as a good thing since it means you can play and gear/improve this character for a long time. Thats kind of how every build is though.

-> This guide and I myself am not very beginner friendly. :P I try to answer questions but I can't be bothered to spend my time writing up explanations about mana reservation or stuff like that. Read the wiki folks and use PoB.

So in essence: In terms of Damage/Bossing/Mapping etc this Build is propably better then almost all builds out there. There are builds that are strictly better for bossing (like most RF builds) or some are even faster in (lowlevel) maps (like most Kinetic Blast Rangers) - but imo none that can compete with this build over all disciplines.

It's not cheap to make and not beginner friendly in terms of mechanics.

--> thank you very much for your response ! i like reading so i think i gonna give this one a try :-) especially as i dont need to reroll elemental reflect maps here or dont need to respec but just use different items :-)
"
Chronosphage wrote:

Excellent, I appreciate it. This build seems much better than the one I'm currently running so I'll probably switch sometime today. I noticed on the PoB you have various gems at lower levels (examples being Immortal call at level 3, Ice golem at 3, arcane surge at 10) is there any particular reason for that?

I was also curious about the gloves, I notice you have Blind in there, what's the reason for the Blind?

If I'm using a 6L should I just stick with what you have on this PoB (IC, CWDT, ID, SIG, AS, OOS)?

Appreciate the info though, looking forward to switching over, thanks :)!

The reason for the Blind is that it makes the Herald of Thunder Blind on Hit. Herald of Thunder attacks 4 times a second and Blind doesnt increase its ManaCost. Its a cheap way of getting Blind against bosses. Basically we have a ~70% chance to dodge against shaper/guardian bosses with this setup. It plays a bit on the strength of the Vertex and the SinTrek boots who also have a lot of Evasion on them. That way we utelize everything our gear offers us.

Yeah, that 6L setup is okay. I am currently experimenting with a Phase Run setup (same colours) which I linked with the items from my character. I think I enjoy the phase run more then the Orb of Storms - but its a trival difference really. The Phase Run feels really smooth to use to get arcane surge even compared to Orb of Storms - but I loose out on the bit of crit from the Golem. Its personal taste I feel like. Both setups are good to go though. Use what you personally enjoy more - since they are the same colours its literally just swapping out the gems and experimenting.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Sep 10, 2018, 7:55:57 AM
"
sky19760 wrote:

--> thank you very much for your response ! i like reading so i think i gonna give this one a try :-) especially as i dont need to reroll elemental reflect maps here or dont need to respec but just use different items :-)

Then I encourage you to read the FAQ where it mentions that doing elemental reflect maps requires you to use different - potentially expensive - items. If you are fine doing that - then its all cool.
I dont know whatever i should get presence of chayula or es hit watcher eye first?
"
Tecken1407 wrote:
I dont know whatever i should get presence of chayula or es hit watcher eye first?

Watchers Eye - its in the priorty list in the op and the presence isn't. Also got answered a couple of times in the thread already. Make sure to run Vile Bastion.
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
Tecken1407 wrote:

Watchers Eye - its in the priorty list in the op and the presence isn't. Also got answered a couple of times in the thread already. Make sure to run Vile Bastion.

Alright thanks, and how about the voidbringer gloves? since i dont have currency for corrupted one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info