[3.5] Occult ArcPoet - All Content | Millions+ DPS | ÜElder | Delve 1k+ | Videos

Ended up getting Watcher's eye:) With Spider Aura I'm just at 26 Mana with 5 buffs. My frenzy uses 29 Mana cost :(. Any items that can be recommended to fix the mana issue. Was used to about 175 before spider. Only thing I can think of is drop Artic armour for now. Also after switching from power charge on crit/to coh/conductivity my DPS feels so much lower now
Last edited by Bob123aka on Dec 28, 2018, 2:17:33 PM
"
Predule wrote:
I saw one profile with someone using one shav 6l with Frenzy - FA - GMP - Curse on Hit - Conductivity - Enfeeble and moved the immortal call set to the boot. Using that curse combo with Conductivity and Enfeeble could be better than using orb of storms + arcane surge ?

No. People should stop this Frenzy Curse on Hit nonsense - especially if they think about sacrificing Arcane Surge for it.

Frenzy has a chance of about 60% to even hit. It doesn't chain, it does not pierce. Arc often chains off-screen and explodes monsters there before the frenzy even reaches there. If you wanna know how shitty this setup is unequip your Warlords Mark on Hit ring and try to use Warlords Mark on a Frenzy chain. It is bad.

Just because you wont immediatly see the same difference in this build with Elemental Weakness (or whatever) - since it wont result in you being mana/leech starved - does not mean the curse on hit setup works any better for those other curses.

In Bossfights you might be able to reliably get them up with that setup - but curses are at their weakest and most useless against bosses anyhow.

Such a Frenzy Chain is a stopgap measure - nothing to pursue for real though.
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
Predule wrote:
I saw one profile with someone using one shav 6l with Frenzy - FA - GMP - Curse on Hit - Conductivity - Enfeeble and moved the immortal call set to the boot. Using that curse combo with Conductivity and Enfeeble could be better than using orb of storms + arcane surge ?

No. People should stop this Frenzy Curse on Hit nonsense - especially if they think about sacrificing Arcane Surge for it.

Frenzy has a chance of about 60% to even hit. It doesn't chain, it does not pierce. Arc often chains off-screen and explodes monsters there before the frenzy even reaches there. If you wanna know how shitty this setup is unequip your Warlords Mark on Hit ring and try to use Warlords Mark on a Frenzy chain. It is bad.

Just because you wont immediatly see the same difference in this build with Elemental Weakness (or whatever) - since it wont result in you being mana/leech starved - does not mean the curse on hit setup works any better for those other curses.

In Bossfights you might be able to reliably get them up with that setup - but curses are at their weakest and most useless against bosses anyhow.

Such a Frenzy Chain is a stopgap measure - nothing to pursue for real though.

Thanks for the answer OP ! I'll upgrade my jewels a bit more then instead of going for the 6L shavs.
"
Bob123aka wrote:
Ended up getting Watcher's eye:) With Spider Aura I'm just at 26 Mana with 5 buffs. My frenzy uses 29 Mana cost :(. Any items that can be recommended to fix the mana issue. Was used to about 175 before spider. Only thing I can think of is drop Artic armour for now. Also after switching from power charge on crit/to coh/conductivity my DPS feels so much lower now

read the OP
I've been attempting Uber Elder with this build and I've killed him before on previous builds but I feel like with this build I'm having some issues. I wasn't using a movement skill so I dropped arctic armor and put in a lightning warp in my gloves since I'm using ball lightning in my PP but lightning warp with no supports feels terrible since it takes like 2 seconds to teleport I find myself not even using it. I also feel like my damage potential isn't there. I know I can swap some jewels for better ones with crit multi but it gets a bit tricky with resist. Also ran into dex and strength issues so had to grab a few points in the tree for those. Any idea on improvements?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Kittymowwmow/characters/Kittyswitch
"
Kittymowwmow wrote:
I've been attempting Uber Elder with this build and I've killed him before on previous builds but I feel like with this build I'm having some issues. I wasn't using a movement skill so I dropped arctic armor and put in a lightning warp in my gloves since I'm using ball lightning in my PP but lightning warp with no supports feels terrible since it takes like 2 seconds to teleport I find myself not even using it. I also feel like my damage potential isn't there. I know I can swap some jewels for better ones with crit multi but it gets a bit tricky with resist. Also ran into dex and strength issues so had to grab a few points in the tree for those. Any idea on improvements?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Kittymowwmow/characters/Kittyswitch

I will look over your character but you should be using Phase Run as your main movement ability during Uber Elder. I rarely use my lightning warp during Uber Elder, I only use it during the freeze phase, other than that I just use phase run to get around quickly.

You seem to be using some sort of a hybrid between the Indigon tree and the Vertex tree, so your mana is low.

If I were you I would try and grab some strength/ dex on one of your items or a couple of your jewels, this would save you a node on your tree which, especially if you're picking up Indigon too early, is massive.

Outside of the movement abilities running Purity of Ice can be helpful in smoothing out the damage on Uber Elder. Running Sapphire flask and grabbing upgraded Yugul is also a good idea.
Last edited by _Duality_ on Dec 28, 2018, 2:55:37 PM
"
Kittymowwmow wrote:

Might want to get your dps gems at lvl 21, herald and wrath aswell.
Getting more lvl will give you more mana for indigon so more rampup and yeah the jewels

You could get a third pen and use the swap button during fight just to move around then switch back to dps.
That's what i'm doing until i motivate myself to buy a 4th pen.
For your resists you can try to get a better ring with some resist and maybe dex or strength on it.
"
_Duality_ wrote:
"
Kittymowwmow wrote:

I will look over your character but I think you really need to look into Phase Run. I rarely use my lightning warp during Uber Elder, I only use it during the freeze phase, other than that I just use phase run to get around quickly. So far I have killed Uber Elder 18 times this league and only died 3x on my early pulls.

You seem to be using some sort of a hybrid between the Indigon tree and the Vertex tree. So your mana is low.

With my 5 auras on i'm at 309/1,820 which doesn't feel to low. Tree wise the only thing I can think of is I'm using Vile Bastion in my ascendancy instead of Forbidden Power just for better survival, besides the few random nodes I have for strength/dex
"
Kittymowwmow wrote:
"
_Duality_ wrote:
"
Kittymowwmow wrote:

I will look over your character but I think you really need to look into Phase Run. I rarely use my lightning warp during Uber Elder, I only use it during the freeze phase, other than that I just use phase run to get around quickly. So far I have killed Uber Elder 18 times this league and only died 3x on my early pulls.

You seem to be using some sort of a hybrid between the Indigon tree and the Vertex tree. So your mana is low.

With my 5 auras on i'm at 309/1,820 which doesn't feel to low. Tree wise the only thing I can think of is I'm using Vile Bastion in my ascendancy instead of Forbidden Power just for better survival, besides the few random nodes I have for strength/dex

Indigon's damage increase works off of your mana pool, both unreserved and reserved are important. 1800 is very low, and your tree is not currently setup for it. If you look at the PoB's in the OP you can see the differences when you look at the nodes to the upper left of the Witch starting area. Also typically you want Heart and Soul.
Last edited by _Duality_ on Dec 28, 2018, 3:04:02 PM
I have to respectfully disagree with OP about the curse on hit on frenzy. Yes, you lose about 10% damage on trash mobs if they're not cursed. It doesn't really matter because everything dies in an instant anyway. Running ele weakness makes you lose 10% damage on Shaper/Uelder compared to a 20/20 conductivity if you run a "spells have + crit strike" corruption on Voidbringers and have a curse on hit setup on frenzy. These are the exact numbers I get on POB. It is also "better" on regular map bosses. You also don't have to give up arcane surge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info