[3.5] Occult ArcPoet - All Content | Millions+ DPS | ÜElder | Delve 1k+ | Videos

"
OCELOT69350 wrote:
Since you have a 5L Shav's use something like frenzy-FA-GMP-CoH-Curse (conductivity or enfeeble).

Also your attack speed is too low. That means less poet's pen procs, less ES gained on hit etc. Get frenzy, gmp and faster attacks to 20 quality, you'll be at 3.69 aps once your faster attacks gets to level 20.

I see you don't have a PP that can have a ball lightning setup. It's really recommended to have 2 pairs of PPs. At least get a 3rd one with 2B1G sockets.
Also, if you turn on all your auras, you're left with 24 unreserved mana. Get a vertex with "90% mana multiplier of socketed gems" corruption. You'll have to swap your gloves gems into the vertex and your helm gems into your gloves. Colors are easy to get.

Going to work on the poets now. After Aspect my Mana shot from 195 >24 and been a bit struggling on that since frenzy requires 29. I tried searching for the % mana multiplier but only 1 for sale and has 2 sockets. Any other ways aside from Lv 4 enchant. Might drop artic armour for now since wont affect DPS till I get that sorted

"
Meothaku wrote:
"

@Bob123aka
Tl;dr : Upgrade Order . Dual Poet's for bosses>Watchers ES %> Belt/Jewels/ 6l Shavs?

Order of importance in my opinion :

1/ Get BALL LIGHTING ASAP 20/20 (or 21/20 if you can afford) + Light pen 20/20 + slower proj 20/20

Spoiler

On bosses, ball lighting deal more damage than arc. The chaining more multiplier with arc will not apply and your damage will be garbage.
On the other hand ball light can hit a target multiple time, it is approximately 4time/s (check engneering eternity video on youtube). Meaning the dps of your ball light will hit a significant amount of time on "big" boss, especialy if they are not moving (kitava for example).

You NEED to swap to an Arc + Ball light setup on boss

2/ Optimize your potions :

[/spoiler]

I will work on getting at least 1 poet to switch for bosses with Ball Lightning

I swapped potions and might stick with Malediction now seeing I changed my 5L to have conductivity

Mana is a bit low so might remove artic armour for now since it wont affect DPS till I find something to sort that with. Frenzy is 29 and im left at 24 :(

Also my DPS feels idk kinda lacking now after the switch I made
Last edited by Bob123aka on Dec 28, 2018, 11:19:26 AM
"
Bob123aka wrote:
"
OCELOT69350 wrote:
Since you have a 5L Shav's use something like frenzy-FA-GMP-CoH-Curse (conductivity or enfeeble).

Also your attack speed is too low. That means less poet's pen procs, less ES gained on hit etc. Get frenzy, gmp and faster attacks to 20 quality, you'll be at 3.69 aps once your faster attacks gets to level 20.

I see you don't have a PP that can have a ball lightning setup. It's really recommended to have 2 pairs of PPs. At least get a 3rd one with 2B1G sockets.
Also, if you turn on all your auras, you're left with 24 unreserved mana. Get a vertex with "90% mana multiplier of socketed gems" corruption. You'll have to swap your gloves gems into the vertex and your helm gems into your gloves. Colors are easy to get.

Going to work on the poets now. After Aspect my Mana shot from 195 >24 and been a bit struggling on that. I tried searching for the % mana multiplier but only 1 for sale and has 2 sockets. Any other ways aside from Lv 4 enchant. Might drop artic armour for now since wont affect DPS till I get that sorted

For the record, you can craft sockets and change colours on corrupted items, it just requires equal parts Vaal orbs to w.e the other crafting material being consumed is. Whether that is chromatics for colour, or jewelers/ fusings.
Hi guys, any suggestions for me? I think I mainly struggle with survivability and I'm not sure how I can improve it. I have 7-10 Ex budget for improvements =)
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/balkeep/characters/Leoxxx
"
balkeep wrote:
Hi guys, any suggestions for me? I think I mainly struggle with survivability and I'm not sure how I can improve it. I have 7-10 Ex budget for improvements =)

I would probably start with at least capping your resists, after that if you're worried about being 1 shot you can drop Forbidden Power and swap to Vile Bastion, that would bump you up to about 8.1k ES. If you're still having issues after that I would check your APS, it is a little high which may result in some skipped casts.

There are other things you can do as well, such as looking into Enfeeble on hit or something along those lines.

You shouldn't be having too many issues, but the small changes I have suggested will improve your survival-ability.
Hm I wonder if I should start this build , or try out one of the winter orbs builds. After so many deaths I seek something more sturdy than my current one(altough it would be probably fine if I would have better skills.and use optimized gear)
(the budget would be 150 ex:))
"
Narnis wrote:
Hm I wonder if I should start this build , or try out one of the winter orbs builds. After so many deaths I seek something more sturdy than my current one(altough it would be probably fine if I would have better skills.and use optimized gear)
(the budget would be 150 ex:))

I don't have experience with the Winter Orb builds but I have heard good things from friends who have tried it. That said, I have played this build pretty extensively and can say it is very solid. My Witch by the end of Delve was worth about 300 or so ex, so you can keep pouring into the character depending on how much you enjoy it and what sort of things you're wanting to try. To get started with the build it would cost roughly 10-15ex. If you're wanting a very solid base without having to craft much yourself it can be as high as 80ex. If you're wanting to work on optimizing for the high end early on you can spend 100ex+.

All that said this build is very solid but not one that you can just ignore all mechanics and stand in bad. I have killed all of the content in the game deathless but that comes with practice.
"
_Duality_ wrote:
"
balkeep wrote:

I would probably start with at least capping your resists, after that if you're worried about being 1 shot you can drop Forbidden Power and swap to Vile Bastion, that would bump you up to about 8.1k ES. If you're still having issues after that I would check your APS, it is a little high which may result in some skipped casts.

There are other things you can do as well, such as looking into Enfeeble on hit or something along those lines.

You shouldn't be having too many issues, but the small changes I have suggested will improve your survival-ability.

Also, I don't recommend you facetanking the Syndicate members in high tier maps using ball lightning. Keep arc/ lightning warp to kill them. Makes it totally safe if you have issues dying to them.
Do you mean getting enough resists to overcome Elemental Weakness? Since I have 84 in each ress before that. Even with Ele Weakness in t16 map with flasks up i'm capped, though on hard bosses you can't guarantee 100% uptime ofc. About Ele weakness I was thinking of getting watcher's eye to battle that, since getting like 25 more all ress is kind of hard/annoying.

About inability to facetank Syndicate members, yep, I learned that the hard way =)))
Last edited by balkeep on Dec 28, 2018, 12:12:08 PM
"
balkeep wrote:
Do you mean getting enough resists to overcome Elemental Weakness? Since I have 84 in each ress before that. Even with Ele Weakness in t16 map with flasks up i'm capped, though on hard bosses you can't guarantee 100% uptime ofc. About Ele weakness I was thinking of getting watcher's eye to battle that, since getting like 25 more all ress is kind of hard/annoying.

About inability to facetank Syndicate members, yep, I learned that the hard way =)))

Ah you're running Alira, I thought you were running the +2 passives (didn't spend a lot of time looking over passives spent vs level). 84 of each should be fine, though getting a bit more wouldn't hurt either.
I saw one profile with someone using one shav 6l with Frenzy - FA - GMP - Curse on Hit - Conductivity - Enfeeble and moved the immortal call set to the boots. Using that curse combo with Conductivity and Enfeeble could be better than using orb of storms + arcane surge ?
Last edited by Predule on Dec 28, 2018, 2:18:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info