[3.5] Occult ArcPoet - All Content | Millions+ DPS | ÜElder | Delve 1k+ | Videos

"
VaDoom wrote:
Guess it's time for me to ask for some guidance. I have managed to do a few of shaper & elder guardians, t16 maps, and grinded all the way up to this in MF gear, but decided to gear up for some delve boss challenges. I am finding it difficult to balance resistances and then also incorporating 7k es. I have a feeling my jewels aren't great and are band-aids holding it together. I've completely ignored aspect of the spider since I can't find a space for it in the build. My goal after getting the Presence of Chayula was going to vaal my Arc gem, but I definitely need to tackle my ES issue on some front.

https://pastebin.com/gapKwiiq

So I am seeing a few issues with your setup. First to tackle your ES problem, just change you ascendancy from Forbidden Power to Vile Bastion. Without doing anything else that takes you to 7k es.

I am not sure why you're running a health flask on a lowlife build, but I personally wouldn't. As for your Indigon setup, you're using a Healthy Mind, which is good... but you're pretty low level which is hindering your ability to maximize your mana. That is fine but you're getting very little out of your Indigon currently with your mana pool as small as it is. The biggest thing you need here for this issue is levels, that will help you get all the passive nodes you need for your mana pool.

To further address your ES issues I would look at upgrading your belt to a belt with more resists, that would allow you to put some much better boots on (flat ES is huge for us and your boots have very low ES).

Currently you're only running one curse, so (I am sure you're aware) you may want to either get ele weakness on your gloves or possibly look into building it into the build elsewhere.

I am sure Flame Dash is a personal preference for you, but because you're not running culling strike you're losing out on both some attack speed (you're only at 3.61 attack rate) and the 10% execution of Culling Strike.

That was the stuff that stuck out at a quick glance at your PoB. I can look at it a bit more if you want.
"
_Duality_ wrote:
"
VaDoom wrote:
Guess it's time for me to ask for some guidance. I have managed to do a few of shaper & elder guardians, t16 maps, and grinded all the way up to this in MF gear, but decided to gear up for some delve boss challenges. I am finding it difficult to balance resistances and then also incorporating 7k es. I have a feeling my jewels aren't great and are band-aids holding it together. I've completely ignored aspect of the spider since I can't find a space for it in the build. My goal after getting the Presence of Chayula was going to vaal my Arc gem, but I definitely need to tackle my ES issue on some front.

So I am seeing a few issues with your setup. First to tackle your ES problem, just change you ascendancy from Forbidden Power to Vile Bastion. Without doing anything else that takes you to 7k es.

I am not sure why you're running a health flask on a lowlife build, but I personally wouldn't. As for your Indigon setup, you're using a Healthy Mind, which is good... but you're pretty low level which is hindering your ability to maximize your mana. That is fine but you're getting very little out of your Indigon currently with your mana pool as small as it is. The biggest thing you need here for this issue is levels, that will help you get all the passive nodes you need for your mana pool.

To further address your ES issues I would look at upgrading your belt to a belt with more resists, that would allow you to put some much better boots on (flat ES is huge for us and your boots have very low ES).

Currently you're only running one curse, so (I am sure you're aware) you may want to either get ele weakness on your gloves or possibly look into building it into the build elsewhere.

I am sure Flame Dash is a personal preference for you, but because you're not running culling strike you're losing out on both some attack speed (you're only at 3.61 attack rate) and the 10% execution of Culling Strike.

That was the stuff that stuck out at a quick glance at your PoB. I can look at it a bit more if you want.

I love you. <3
so i've made many changes, and leveled up(88 atm)
i got ele weakness gloves, 160 lightning enchant on boots and everything
my dps is increased but still not that great as the dps of others with this build...
this is my pob: https://pastebin.com/7FZSr5Pw
i get like 380k with flasks, charges and all other configs...
is it normal or im missing something?
and am i ready to move to indigon once i get few more levels to get some mana nods ?
Last edited by eden2888 on Nov 16, 2018, 3:23:49 PM
"
eden2888 wrote:
my dps is increased but still not that great as the dps of others with this build...
and am i ready to move to indigon once i get few more levels to get some mana nods ?

As always!!! Did you read the OP?

It *clearly* states that the CastSpeed per Poet's Pen is included in those PoBs on the frontpage.

Opening yours I see a CastRare of 1.51? I heavly doubt your Frenzy AttackSpeed is 1.51.

Please! stop comparing things if you don't understand what you are doing. This is *SO* annoying. Every two pages someone comes in and says: I pasted my character over and I am far away from the DPS the other guys here have...

There is a big block in the OP on how Poet's Pens work, why we use Frenzy to trigger it, why we want an attackspeed of about 3.75 etc. Please(!) try to comprehend what you are reading! If Poet's Pens attack with a rate of 3.75 and they trigger a spell each time you attack with them then what is your *actual* cast rate going to be??

Exactly! 3.75! Is the CastRate in PoB 3.75? No! Of course not. It says it isnt. Why so? Because PoB can't know that you trigger those spells socketed in your pens and not just self-cast them.

Pleeeeeeeease people read the OP and comprehend what it means you just read. Because posts like those make it clear a lot of you guys do not.

And honestly? This feels really, really un-cool. I write this stuff up in the OP and put it in italics and bold it and have whole paragraphs on this stuff - but still people come in here with the same question again and again.

And it isn't like it's not mentioned in the Guide how and why modifiers on the helmet in the PoBs exist.

About Indigon: It says lv 95. You are lv 88. So no, don't bother with it yet. You will get more use out of the defensive stuff of the Vertex/its +1 to gem levels.

Especially considering you do not yet have 7kES with Vile Bastion.

€dit pointed out to me that your castrate for frenzy is an abyssmal 2.69 - with Frenzy Charges up. Please put quality on the relevant gems in your Frenzy Link. This is also mentioned in the OP and is visible in all PoBs.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Nov 16, 2018, 3:54:46 PM
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
eden2888 wrote:

As always!!! Did you read the OP?

It *clearly* states that the CastSpeed per Poet's Pen is included in those PoBs on the frontpage.

Opening yours I see a CastRare of 1.51? I heavly doubt your Frenzy AttackSpeed is 1.51.

Please! stop comparing things if you don't understand what you are doing. This is *SO* annoying. Every two pages someone comes in and says: I pasted my character over and I am far away from the DPS the other guys here have...

There is a big block in the OP on how Poet's Pens work, why we use Frenzy to trigger it, why we want an attackspeed of about 3.75 etc. Please(!) try to comprehend what you are reading! If Poet's Pens attack with a rate of 3.75 and they trigger a spell each time you attack with them then what is your *actual* cast rate going to be??

Exactly! 3.75! Is the CastRate in PoB 3.75? No! Of course not. It says it isnt. Why so? Because PoB can't know that you trigger those spells socketed in your pens and not just self-cast them.

Pleeeeeeeease people read the OP and comprehend what it means you just read. Because posts like those make it clear a lot of you guys do not.

And honestly? This feels really, really un-cool. I write this stuff up in the OP and put it in italics and bold it and have whole paragraphs on this stuff - but still people come in here with the same question again and again.

And it isn't like it's not mentioned in the Guide how and why modifiers on the helmet in the PoBs exist.

About Indigon: It says lv 95. You are lv 88. So no, don't bother with it yet. You will get more use out of the defensive stuff of the Vertex/its +1 to gem levels.

Especially considering you do not yet have 7kES with Vile Bastion.

€dit pointed out to me that your castrate for frenzy is an abyssmal 2.69 - with Frenzy Charges up. Please put quality on the relevant gems in your Frenzy Link. This is also mentioned in the OP and is visible in all PoBs.

I've read it all mate,
my question is this:
on the PoB u published, with vertex, sintrek and everything exactly as i have - your PoB shows 1.5mil dps on arc, while mine 500k dps
and we got same gear and everything
im not talking about actual DPS, but the POB calculated one...
edit:
nevermind i just noticed the vertex affixes was edited to add "170% cast speed" to fix the cast speed calculation of arc.
Last edited by eden2888 on Nov 16, 2018, 4:06:33 PM
"
eden2888 wrote:

I've read it all mate,
my question is this:
on the PoB u published, with vertex, sintrek and everything exactly as i have - your PoB shows 1.5mil dps on arc, while mine 500k dps
edit:
nevermind i just noticed
the vertex affixes was edited to add "170% cast speed" to fix the cast speed calculation of arc.

Uuuuuuugh.

;)
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Nov 16, 2018, 4:40:24 PM
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
_Duality_ wrote:
"
VaDoom wrote:

I love you. <3

Thank you for the write up and advice.

I have MF gloves with temporal chains on hit but the corrupted voidbringers are a bit pricey and a future goal. I was using the flash for the freeze immunity, but will move that over to the diamond flask and get a wise oak. The flame dash is in that slot temporarily until I get the sockets I need on it; just a chromatic issue. I will find a new belt, and some better boots and come back with some progress. I was almost at 7k es w/ chayulas with vile bastion, but the wording in the last question of the FAQ was a bit tricky.

Would it make sense to temporarily spec out of the throatseeker nodes to get some mana regen nodes or is it better overall to just go back to the vertex and wait till 95? Comparing the trees themselves, if the ES itself is so important, why wait the 5 levels rather than spec out of some damage nodes if the multiplier would overtake the difference? I definitely feel a difference in bossing speeds with the indigon vs vertex, but who knows? It might be in my head.
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
eden2888 wrote:

I've read it all mate,
my question is this:
edit:
nevermind i just noticed
the vertex affixes was edited to add "170% cast speed" to fix the cast speed calculation of arc.

Uuuuuuugh.

;)

hhhh well i thought I was going out of my mind,
having same gear as the published POB, but 1/3 the dps.
so i walked through all the gear and saw the inc cast speed line, you should add it to the 1st page to avoid confusion :D
btw i've made small change on the gear, so far feels much better:
Spoiler

since i wanted to try hh on that build i had to fix my res so i crafted those boots to complete my res... that's nice addition to those who can afford !
"
eden2888 wrote:

so i walked through all the gear and saw the inc cast speed line, you should add it to the 1st page to avoid confusion :D
Spoiler

since i wanted to try hh on that build i had to fix my res so i crafted those boots to complete my res... that's nice addition to those who can afford !

To try and save you from what is likely coming, I will quote the first paragraph from the POB section of the OP.

"Note: I included the CastSpeed/Spell Damage modifier in those builds on the helmets to represent the Attack/Cast Speed via Poet's Pen as well as the average %spelldamage gain from Indigon if applicable."

So it is mentioned ;)

Also yeah I like running HH as well, I have a nice attribute oriented crystal belt for bosses/ delving as well. At shallower levels HH performs great, but as you get lower you tend to want to stack your flat ES a bit higher to try and cushion the random 1 shots.
Last edited by _Duality_ on Nov 16, 2018, 5:47:32 PM
"
_Duality_ wrote:
"
eden2888 wrote:

Spoiler

To try and save you from what is likely coming, I will quote the first paragraph from the POB section of the OP.

"Note: I included the CastSpeed/Spell Damage modifier in those builds on the helmets to represent the Attack/Cast Speed via Poet's Pen as well as the average %spelldamage gain from Indigon if applicable."

So it is mentioned ;)

Also yeah I like running HH as well, I have a nice attribute oriented crystal belt for bosses/ delving as well. At shallower levels HH performs great, but as you get lower you tend to want to stack your flat ES a bit higher to try and cushion the random 1 shots.

LOL I must be blind then, i've read it all like 3 times atleast

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info