[3.5] Occult ArcPoet - All Content | Millions+ DPS | ÜElder | Delve 1k+ | Videos

"
Garroshes wrote:
I have tried many things with the witch, different attacks and combinations .. and all their ancestry, but the only one that receives unparalleled damage is the elementalist about the penetration of the damage, without losing the option to facentank all the content.

Alrighty then! :)
"
eden2888 wrote:
Can anyone check my char and tell me what am i doing wrong?
yes im not done leveling yet, but somehow on pob i only have like 150k dps, while on the published pob has 2.5mil,
i didn't expect to have that much, but im nowhere near it...
im using same gear, skill tree and gems.

Alright, I am going to try and address everything that stands out to me. These will not necessarily be pointed out in order of priority, more the order of which I am finding them.

1) You should not be using Indigon at level 78, it is recommended that you don't wear it before around 95 for a reason (you require quite a few nodes to really make it worth wearing). On top of that I am guessing you don't understand how Indigon functions yet, so you should really just switch to the Vertex and call it a day. Once you level and you do a bit of reading on how it works, then you should swap to it.

2) You're wearing indigon while not running a Healthy Mind jewel as well as not running the Indigon passive tree.

3) You're not using a Mark of the Shaper, that is a large DPS loss.

4) You're running Forbidden Power, while having less than 5k ES (the recommended minimum before even considering picking up forbidden power is 7k es).

5) Wise Oak adds a pretty large amount of damage, keep in mind before you run it you at least want to have your lightning be your highest resist, optimally all of your resists would be equal.

6) Your critical strike multiplier is low so that hinders your damage quite a bit.

7) Depending on which of the POB's you're looking at, the damage calculation may have the increased spell damage and cast speed calculated on the Indigon. This has to do with how the Indigon functions and it isn't calculated naturally by POB.

8) While I understand that Aspect of the Spider is a nice thing to have, it has been stated many times that you shouldn't sacrifice other parts of the build to get it. The build more than functions without it. I have cleared all content presently available in the game without ever having Aspect of the Spider.

9) As you had stated, you're not leveled. This has a pretty large impact on your damage as well as survival-ability.

10) You're missing ele weakness on hit as well.

11) The last thing, I am sure you already know but, having max level and quality gems (aside from the CWDT setup and frenzy links) has a large impact on your damage, you're currently missing 2 levels from your Arcs alone, optimally you would want 21/20's but that isn't required.

All of that said, I am sure your damage is okay for running most things, but I would start to look at changing some of the things I pointed out as this will have a large effect, not only on your ability to survive, but it will improve your damage as well.

Also just an FYI, we don't benefit from increased to "Elemental Damage with Attack Skills". Arc as well as our other abilities (other than Frenzy) are spells, so they are not attack based skills.
Last edited by _Duality_ on Nov 14, 2018, 12:51:04 PM
"
_Duality_ wrote:
"
eden2888 wrote:
Can anyone check my char and tell me what am i doing wrong?
yes im not done leveling yet, but somehow on pob i only have like 150k dps, while on the published pob has 2.5mil,
i didn't expect to have that much, but im nowhere near it...
im using same gear, skill tree and gems.

Alright, I am going to try and address everything that stands out to me. These will not necessarily be pointed out in order of priority, more the order of which I am finding them.

1) You should not be using Indigon at level 78, it is recommended that you don't wear it before around 95 for a reason (you require quite a few nodes to really make it worth wearing). On top of that I am guessing you don't understand how Indigon functions yet, so you should really just switch to the Vertex and call it a day. Once you level and you do a bit of reading on how it works, then you should swap to it.

2) You're wearing indigon while not running a Healthy Mind jewel as well as not running the Indigon passive tree.

3) You're not using a Mark of the Shaper, that is a large DPS loss.

4) You're running Forbidden Power, while having less than 5k ES (the recommended minimum before even considering picking up forbidden power is 7k es).

5) Wise Oak adds a pretty large amount of damage, keep in mind before you run it you at least want to have your lightning be your highest resist, optimally all of your resists would be equal.

6) Your critical strike multiplier is low so that hinders your damage quite a bit.

7) Depending on which of the POB's you're looking at, the damage calculation may have the increased spell damage and cast speed calculated on the Indigon. This has to do with how the Indigon functions and it isn't calculated naturally by POB.

8) While I understand that Aspect of the Spider is a nice thing to have, it has been stated many times that you shouldn't sacrifice other parts of the build to get it. The build more than functions without it. I have cleared all content presently available in the game without ever having Aspect of the Spider.

9) As you had stated, you're not leveled. This has a pretty large impact on your damage as well as survival-ability.

10) The last thing, I am sure you already know but, having max level and quality gems (aside from the CWDT setup and frenzy links) has a large impact on your damage, you're currently missing 2 levels from your Arcs alone, optimally you would want 21/20's but that isn't required.

first, huge thanks for spending the time to chck it out and give me such a detailed explanation, much appriciated man !
about forbidden power - what should i take instead? vile bastion? and when i get ~7k es change it back?
you was right about the indigon, i don't get it yet, but it has the mana reserve enchant and i can't find vertex with that, and without that i got like 31 non reserved mana, and it's not enough for frenzy, should i change the frenzy 6link? like remove GMP ?
i got the shaper ring in my stash, but i thought with the aspect of the spider and those boots combo i'll get much more survivability, while losing some DPS..
should i juts change the ring and boots to sintrek?
i got all in stash just in case :)
and i will work on leveling up my char and gems ofcourse, i know it gives alot of dps.
thanks again for the tips !
Last edited by eden2888 on Nov 14, 2018, 12:54:22 PM
Cyrix, I load my char to PoB and there I see that my Arc Skill Hit Damage is 106k DPS
Is it expected ?

Thanks
"
pkirill wrote:
Cyrix, I load my char to PoB and there I see that my Arc Skill Hit Damage is 106k DPS
Is it expected ?

Thanks

I guess?

Please add in the relevant modifiers yourself and compare things yourself. I am not going to do that for you.

€dit: I am not trying to be rude here or anything. But I honestly do not have the time to check all the numbers for all the people in this thread/who pm me etc. It is just to much.

I explicitly stated in the OP were modifiers are located (on the head slot) which you have to add yourself to your own pob's/pob doesn't add itself.

Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Nov 14, 2018, 4:04:02 PM
"
eden2888 wrote:

first, huge thanks for spending the time to chck it out and give me such a detailed explanation, much appriciated man !
about forbidden power - what should i take instead? vile bastion? and when i get ~7k es change it back?
you was right about the indigon, i don't get it yet, but it has the mana reserve enchant and i can't find vertex with that, and without that i got like 31 non reserved mana, and it's not enough for frenzy, should i change the frenzy 6link? like remove GMP ?
i got the shaper ring in my stash, but i thought with the aspect of the spider and those boots combo i'll get much more survivability, while losing some DPS..
and i will work on leveling up my char and gems ofcourse, i know it gives alot of dps.

Okay lets see if we can get you sorted out here. Vile Bastion; yes that is what you would want to use. You want to run Vile Bastion until you have 7k es WITHOUT it. That said, I can manage more than 7k es without it and still like running Vile Bastion anyway (especially in Delves).

If you swapped to Vertex you would want to shuffle around your gems a bit, but you will likely still run into a bit of a mana issue because you can't find a reasonably priced mana reservation Vertex. So to bypass this, if you decide you would like to go this route, you can swap off of your Aspect of the Spider and move to Mark of the Shaper. The reason I say this is because Aspect of the Spider reserves 21% of your mana.

As far as your question about the Frenzy setup, once you swap to Vertex yes, you will want to switch to a 4 link setup, this would go in your boots. You use the 3 green supports along with Frenzy.

Once you find the mana reservation enchant you can swap back to Aspect of the spider, or if you want you could consider dropping one of the other auras for the build, but I wouldn't recommend going that direction.

This POB: https://pastebin.com/hLr6Va5y should give you an idea about what I was talking about with how you may want to setup your gems as well. The chest you can arrange however fits you best, this setup is just one option.

If you're curious about what your mana situation would be without aspect of the spider, just turn it off in the skills section of POB and check your mana.
Last edited by _Duality_ on Nov 14, 2018, 4:01:35 PM
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
But I honestly do not have the time to check all the numbers for all the people in this thread/who pm me etc. It is just to much.

I explicitly stated in the OP were modifiers are located (on the head slot) which you have to add yourself to your own pob's/pob doesn't add itself.

I understand you and not want you to make all calc for me.
I`m asking to understand how to use POB properly.
How POB understands Poets and how it manage Indigon?

As far as I got POB does not do anything with it.
So I take my attack speen and multiply by arc-single-average-hit-damage, Right ?

Thanks
"
_Duality_ wrote:

1) You should not be using Indigon at level 78, it is recommended that you don't wear it before around 95 for a reason (you require quite a few nodes to really make it worth wearing).

This is not very clear.

As far as I see Vertex does not add any value into damage.
It only has good ES and less mana reserved +chaos res.

So equipping Indigon (even not being able to understand it) should always improve damage. Of course, the better setup for it will imrove DPS more, but even bad setup will imrove.

Isn`t it ?
Can you explain please.

Thanks
"
_Duality_ wrote:
"
eden2888 wrote:

Okay lets see if we can get you sorted out here. Vile Bastion; yes that is what you would want to use. You want to run Vile Bastion until you have 7k es WITHOUT it. That said, I can manage more than 7k es without it and still like running Vile Bastion anyway (especially in Delves).

If you swapped to Vertex you would want to shuffle around your gems a bit, but you will likely still run into a bit of a mana issue because you can't find a reasonably priced mana reservation Vertex. So to bypass this, if you decide you would like to go this route, you can swap off of your Aspect of the Spider and move to Mark of the Shaper. The reason I say this is because Aspect of the Spider reserves 21% of your mana.

As far as your question about the Frenzy setup, once you swap to Vertex yes, you will want to switch to a 4 link setup, this would go in your boots. You use the 3 green supports along with Frenzy.

Once you find the mana reservation enchant you can swap back to Aspect of the spider, or if you want you could consider dropping one of the other auras for the build, but I wouldn't recommend going that direction.

This POB: https://pastebin.com/hLr6Va5y should give you an idea about what I was talking about with how you may want to setup your gems as well. The chest you can arrange however fits you best, this setup is just one option.

If you're curious about what your mana situation would be without aspect of the spider, just turn it off in the skills section of POB and check your mana.

ye i took your tip, and it did i assume :D
and that's my gear now:

boss pp's:

flasks:

Last edited by eden2888 on Nov 15, 2018, 3:29:13 AM
"
pkirill wrote:
"
_Duality_ wrote:

1) You should not be using Indigon at level 78, it is recommended that you don't wear it before around 95 for a reason (you require quite a few nodes to really make it worth wearing).

This is not very clear.

As far as I see Vertex does not add any value into damage.
It only has good ES and less mana reserved +chaos res.

So equipping Indigon (even not being able to understand it) should always improve damage. Of course, the better setup for it will imrove DPS more, but even bad setup will imrove.

Isn`t it ?
Can you explain please.

Thanks

The build requires quite a bit of passive nodes for it to really feel smooth. At low level you are basically either trying to maximize Indigon, or grabbing all of the passive nodes you need to increase your damage/ improve your survival-ability.

This build doesn't lack in damage, so you don't actually need Indigon to run all of the content. You're also better off not running Indigon until you understand how it works. Otherwise all you're effectively doing is increasing mana costs and gaining a small amount of increased damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info