[3.5] Occult ArcPoet - All Content | Millions+ DPS | ÜElder | Delve 1k+ | Videos

Hey Cyrix,

I got a watcher's eye with the es on hit, but also the damage taken from mana while on clarity. I know it might not be optimal with Indigon running, but it makes such a difference for normal play and delving. Do you think this will really hurt when I try and do shaper or uber elder, or can I be just fine with it, as these are 4ex atleast (most expensive item I have bought yet).

Thanks!

What would be the next thing for me to get? I got a Watcher's eye with 30 ES on hit and 15% penetration with wrath. I'm currently thinking get money for another Enlighten 4 > Indigon > RUn lab for ench > gem lvl

Oh, and I know I got shitty jewels but how am I supposed to reach 4 APS?

Thoughts?
"
Spoiler

What would be the next thing for me to get? I got a Watcher's eye with 30 ES on hit and 15% penetration with wrath. I'm currently thinking get money for another Enlighten 4 > Indigon > RUn lab for ench > gem lvl

Oh, and I know I got shitty jewels but how am I supposed to reach 4 APS?

Thoughts?

For attack speed, you wan't closer to 3.75 rather than 4. Right now you're at 3.85 which could be skipping some casts so you might want to lower it. Also, jewel slots don't need to be used for attack speed. You can manage that by balancing the quality on your GMP and Culling Strike support gems.
Hi,

first of all - Thank you for the Guide. Love the build.

Im feeling really sqiushy in the "dark" parts of the delve. Im popping my quick silver flask and phase run, send off some lightning balls, run into there and bam - i just die. I'm at about 7.5k ES right now. Character name is TheDelvingPoets. Am I doing something wrong? Am I missing some crucial Part of the survivability?
"
Tanki wrote:
Hi,

Im feeling really sqiushy in the "dark" parts of the delve. Im popping my quick silver flask and phase run, send off some lightning balls, run into there and bam - i just die. I'm at about 7.5k ES right now. Character name is TheDelvingPoets. Am I doing something wrong? Am I missing some crucial Part of the survivability?

The obvious question is, what's your darkness resistance at your Delve depth? Like the other resistances, you'll want to try to keep it maxed out at 75%.
"
YT_HB wrote:
"
Tanki wrote:
Hi,

The obvious question is, what's your darkness resistance at your Delve depth? Like the other resistances, you'll want to try to keep it maxed out at 75%.

It's 75% of course :)
Delve Depth is at 235 atm.
"
Tanki wrote:
"
YT_HB wrote:
"
Tanki wrote:
Hi,

It's 75% of course :)
Delve Depth is at 235 atm.

Yeah I don't know how to really fix the squishiness in the darkness either. At depth 400 I don't just instantly die when I run in, but this definitely is not the character I use to look around for stuff in the dark :P I save that for my high regen character.
I'm not using this build in Delve but have another type of Poet's Pen in this league. It has over 10k ES and it feels about the same as you're describing. Flare management is key if you're unable to sustain with ES gained on hit. If there's nothing left to kill you gotta throw a flare to keep exploring. I just started Delving (wanted to kill uber elder first at level 93) so and am only around level 175 or so but it is difficult once you get off into the darkness without any mobs to sustain ES. I am wondering when it's going to get hard though. Nothing has been even a slight challenge yet through 175 and I haven't been able to find any bosses unfortunately.

Edit: One thing that might help, if you don't use it already, is the Arakaali pantheon for "5% reduced Damage taken from Damage Over Time". I believe that works with the Delve darkness. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Last edited by YT_HB on Oct 16, 2018, 12:31:52 PM
First of all thank you for the grat guide i have lots of fun playing this build but i have come to the point where i cant decide what to build.
Here is my Current setup

I just changed my Elder Ring, my Belt and My boots to a Spider Aura setup but im not too sure if thats worth since i now have to replace spider aura with one of the other auras which right now is Arctic Armour, which loses me quite a bit of survivability. I cant decide if i should go back to A better elder ring, sin trek boots and a stygian vise. And rather get a lvl4 enlighten and 21 blood magic to be able to change to Indigon.

Or is there any way to fit in the spider aura without losing one of the other auras?
Last edited by jboelk on Oct 16, 2018, 3:50:07 PM
"
jboelk wrote:
First of all thank you for the grat guide i have lots of fun playing this build but i have come to the point where i cant decide what to build.
Spoiler
Here is my Current setup

I just changed my Elder Ring, my Belt and My boots to a Spider Aura setup but im not too sure if thats worth since i now have to replace spider aura with one of the other auras which right now is Arctic Armour, which loses me quite a bit of survivability. I cant decide if i should go back to A better elder ring, sin trek boots and a stygian vise. And rather get a lvl4 enlighten and 21 blood magic to be able to change to Indigon.

Or is there any way to fit in the spider aura without losing one of the other auras?

You should not loose any aura - we can run all the stuff + Spider Aura. You will need another enlighten for that though - use it instead of blind. Also put Wrath, Herald and Arctic Armor from you boots over to your gloves - those give all those gems +1 level.
Everything in this build is optimized and has its place - just follow the PoBs and you should be fine.

I think both your Belt and WarlordsMark Ring are kinda bad for this Build - they both have no ES on them. Compared with my Ring/Belt+(abyss jewel) you loose out on ~170ES before modifiers. So round about 500ES in total.
Thats not worth it I feel like - especially if you are below 7k ES.

The ES gain from the Watchers Eye is usualy enough. The Spider Aura is - as indicated in the OP - a nice-to-have optimisation thing. Don't go for it at any cost. If you can snatch up a nice stygian with the Spider Aura or a good belt with an high ES roll and good resists - sure! go for it. But I feel like you tank to much other stats in your case.

Kinda like everyone else that doesn't read the OP thoroughly you put Frenzy in a way to long chest chain which is unneeded if you play with a Vertex - and of course you also do not have quality on your green gems for the needed attackspeed on frenzy. ;)

Please read the OP - BuildMechanics and co are written up to be read. It saves you a lot of time asking questions.

Happy Delving :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info