[3.5] Occult ArcPoet - All Content | Millions+ DPS | ÜElder | Delve 1k+ | Videos

I really want to use herald of ice. If I do, where should I socket it in my gear?
"
Runal wrote:
I really want to use herald of ice. If I do, where should I socket it in my gear?

Replace Herald of Thunder.
"
_Duality_ wrote:
First of all, thank you so much Cyrix1337 for setting up this build and making this guide. I have been wanting to try Arc basically since I started playing and this finally gave me the excuse to just do it!

Now, I cannot remember if I had read it on this guide or somewhere else when trying to figure out how arc + poet's pens work... but having an attack rate over 3.75 can actually hurt out damage, is that correct? I checked my Frenzy and it is over 4 I believe, so if that is the case I am going to chop it down.

Also I am sure this has been brought up before as I see you actually have the jewel sitting in your POB. What are your thoughts on Unnatural Instinct? I noticed it was not a huge investment passive wise to grab it in this build. I have been using it and think it was worth the points I spent, but what are your thoughts?

If you have time, and it is not too much trouble, would you mind taking a look at my character and letting me know where you think I can make some nice improvements? I am about to liquidate another character so I should have some currency to play around with.

On a side note, I managed to get a nice (I think the best) corruption on one of my pens (only had to corrupt 17 pens to get one :P), and crafted some decent rare boots that corrected my res requirements, so woo!

You are very welcome!

Sorry I missed your Post. :( I hope it's not to late and you are still reading here from time to time. :)

Regarding AttackRate: Yeah, Don't go over 4 casts per second. More Details are under Build Mechanics in the OP.

I thought Unnatural Instinct would be awesome at first. Then I started mathing around a bit. And honestly - the only cool thing about it is the MovementSpeed you get from it and Harrier which is leading up to it.

-> The AttackSpeed we get from it all is basically worthless since we do not need it - we reach our cap anyhow. The SpellPower Nodes are nice-ish, but nothing worthwhile. The only thing thats really good about that jewel is the CritMulti we can get from it. In that regard its basically a very strong jewel for us.

Then - as already mentioned - the movementspeed is nice.

So the Unnatural Instinct for us is basically only a good jewel and costs 5 Levels to reach. Which is quite expensive for us - especially if we run an Indigon with which we can use those talentpoints on other places for more effect/or defenses which I feel like we need a bit more then even more overkill. If you are running the Vertex go for it, its the equivalent of a very good jewel.

By now I am not useing it anymore. I updated my own character quite a bit - I might share those changes in the future.

Your Character is pretty much top-notch!

Not much to improve here. Since you don't run the SpiderGear and have really strong ES boots I feel like you can get away with the Unnatural Instinct.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Oct 16, 2018, 6:23:09 PM
So I have been loving this build, not really having any issues at the moment, but if you can see a way I can further optimize the build I would love to hear it :D. I am working on crafting a belt for bossing and I am going to get a couple of items together to swap out for delving as well.

Spoiler

I think my jewels are pretty decent for the most part, but I am replacing one of them tonight because I just noticed how trash it is XD. I am still trying to improve things through crafting or finding optimized items through trade.

I know that it was stated that you want basically exactly 3.75 ias, which I am going to work on dropping my frenzy down to tonight.

Cyrix, what are your thoughts on Unnatural Instincts? I see that you had it in your POB but it was not in use. I have been running it for awhile and like it, but I do sacrifice a bit of ES to run it.

- rip, you responded to my previous post as I said this... haaaa - ignore me while I climb into a hole please XD
Last edited by _Duality_ on Oct 16, 2018, 6:21:17 PM
Spoiler
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
_Duality_ wrote:
First of all, thank you so much Cyrix1337 for setting up this build and making this guide. I have been wanting to try Arc basically since I started playing and this finally gave me the excuse to just do it!

Now, I cannot remember if I had read it on this guide or somewhere else when trying to figure out how arc + poet's pens work... but having an attack rate over 3.75 can actually hurt out damage, is that correct? I checked my Frenzy and it is over 4 I believe, so if that is the case I am going to chop it down.

Also I am sure this has been brought up before as I see you actually have the jewel sitting in your POB. What are your thoughts on Unnatural Instinct? I noticed it was not a huge investment passive wise to grab it in this build. I have been using it and think it was worth the points I spent, but what are your thoughts?

If you have time, and it is not too much trouble, would you mind taking a look at my character and letting me know where you think I can make some nice improvements? I am about to liquidate another character so I should have some currency to play around with.

On a side note, I managed to get a nice (I think the best) corruption on one of my pens (only had to corrupt 17 pens to get one :P), and crafted some decent rare boots that corrected my res requirements, so woo!
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

You are very welcome!

Sorry I missed your Post. :( I hope it's not to late and you are still reading here from time to time. :)

Regarding AttackRate: Yeah, Don't go over 4 casts per second. More Details are under Build Mechanics in the OP.

I thought Unnatural Instinct would be awesome at first. Then I started mathing around a bit. And honestly - the only cool thing about it is the MovementSpeed you get from it and Harrier which is leading up to it.

-> The AttackSpeed we get from it all is basically worthless since we do not need it - we reach our cap anyhow. The SpellPower Nodes are nice-ish, but nothing worthwhile. The only thing thats really good about that jewel is the CritMulti we can get from it. In that regard its basically a very strong jewel for us.

Then - as already mentioned - the movementspeed is nice.

So the Unnatural Instinct for us is basically only a good jewel and costs 5 Levels to reach. Which is quite expensive for us - especially if we run an Indigon with which we can use those talentpoints on other places for more effect. If you are running the Vertex go for it, its the equivalent of a very good jewel.

By now I am not useing it anymore. I updated my own character quite a bit - I might share those changes in the future.

Your Character is pretty much top-notch!

Not much to improve here. Since you don't run the SpiderGear and have really strong ES boots I feel like you can get away with the Unnatural Instinct.

Thanks for the compliment on the boots, I kind of freaked out after fossil spamming them and not getting anything useful, then I hit a set of boots that basically did everything I could want!

Yeah I do give up a bit of ES to run Unnatural, which is the only thing that makes me a bit hesitant, but the crit multi and movement speed is definitely nice.

I tried to play around with the Indigon calculator (first time using an indogon, so I am not sure I used it correctly) and I think my setup is decent for it? I feel like I would be mana starved if I swapped to one of the red gems you had stated can help with increasing Indigon damage. I will keep playing around with it to see if I can figure it out.
Yeah, I have been improving the Build further; but I kinda don't want to share yet. :P Sorry. ;)

Your Indigon chain seems fine, yeah.

Yeah, the ES part is what freaks me a bit with the unnatural instinct. Loosing 500ES is just kinda painful. Then again, so long as we can stay above 7k I feel like it is okay.
So I've been playing this build for quite a while now did mostly every content (Uelder is a joke when u slot in Artic Armor/Purity of ice over HoI/HoT barrage over frenzy and slot in a flame dash). and im just pushing delve atm.
its all fun and its great but im struggling lately.

I've tried many different setups which include a purity of ice & artic armor (Removing the spider boots/ring) etc to run delves more safe but i still cant really avoid the one shots some times but i guess its only natural.

So this is my gear :

My question is . How do i improve from here? any suggestions? i mean i guess its only jewels now but oh well cant really find any "huge" upgrades there atm. I'm aiming at those lvl 4 Enlightens at both slots just been saving cur for hh and other upgrades first. So i guess that should give me more mp to spam but that doesn't seem to be the problem atm. Played around with hypothermia and inervate sups as well on the ball/arc setup but light pen seems stronger now in deeper delves.(Or so i think lol).
(P.S I do have a Watchers eye with es on hit as well).

Any tips / comments would be greatly appreciated.
Yet again awesome build had tons of fun so far with it. (Currently level 95 lul).
Last edited by darkslayerfx on Oct 16, 2018, 10:59:12 PM
Thank you for this build and It has been a pleasure to level.

It would be great if you could take a look at my character and see how I can progress from now (gear-wise).
I am currently running a vertex, what would I need to take note of if i want to switch the vertex for an Indigon?
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

Please read the OP - BuildMechanics and co are written up to be read. It saves you a lot of time asking questions.

Cyrix, thanks for you help.

I`m trying to start this build (respec from elementalist).

My question: what is the best way to use Unnatural Instinct ?
Or better not to use it ?

Well, finally I re-read last two pages, and read the answer, Thanks
Better I sell it since Watcher is too expensive for me without selling Unnatural. Better I get better Watcher which i`m missing now.

Anyone have a Watcher for sale ?
Last edited by pkirill on Oct 17, 2018, 7:38:21 AM
Does aspect of the spider worth dropping stigian vise for a belt with aspect, cuz I cant find ring with warlords + aspect. ty. Or do i drop mark of the shaper?
Last edited by ShatteredEssence on Oct 17, 2018, 5:41:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info