[3.5] Occult ArcPoet - All Content | Millions+ DPS | ÜElder | Delve 1k+ | Videos

Hi everyone.

Got bored of my elemental hit deadeye last week and rerolled to this beauty.
Really fun and enjoyable so far, managed to do uber elder with it quite quickly, not deathless but mostly because i suck at the game.
I'm currently wondering if it's worth for me to go with spider aura gear (wich i already have) since i loose around 1k ES with it bringing me down to 6.3k ES
It feels better control wise with the slow, but i get one shotted a little more often in delve 350+. Maybe respec to Vile bastion instead of Forbidden Power ?

Anyways thanks you @Cyrix1337 for the build and your presence on this thread, really fun and powerful build.

PS: Sorry for my bad english, not my language.
Last edited by Aston007 on Oct 15, 2018, 7:03:49 AM
"
Aston007 wrote:
Hi everyone.

Really fun and enjoyable so far, managed to do uber elder with it quite quickly, not deathless but mostly because i suck at the game.
I'm currently wondering if it's worth for me to go with spider aura gear (wich i already have) since i loose around 1k ES with it bringing me down to 6.3k ES
It feels better control wise with the slow, but i get one shotted a little more often in delve 350+. Maybe respec to Vile bastion instead of Forbidden Power ?

Anyways thanks you @Cyrix1337 for the build and your presence on this thread, really fun and powerful build.

Thank you!

Yeah, Vile Bastion is always the first go-to option I feel like if you are missing suvivability. It requires no gear adjustment or anything fancy and we do not exactly lack damage.

Another option is to switch the Mark of the Shaper for a Call of the Brotherhood. If you do so switch the Lightning Penetration gems to Increased Critical Strikes gems. That way you should be freezing/shattering everything in delve.

That should do the trick imo.
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
Aston007 wrote:
Hi everyone.

Thank you!

Yeah, Vile Bastion is always the first go-to option I feel like if you are missing suvivability. It requires no gear adjustment or anything fancy and we do not exactly lack damage.

Another option is to switch the Mark of the Shaper for a Call of the Brotherhood. If you do so switch the Lightning Penetration gems to Increased Critical Strikes gems. That way you should be freezing/shattering everything in delve.

That should do the trick imo.

Rodger that!
Since i'm a lazy boy who hates setup switches i'll give a try with vile bastion and see how it goes. If not enough i'll consider the Call of the Brotherhood, thanks to suggesting it and thanks for answering me that fast.
<3

Take care.
Somewhat doing this build. It's really fun.

Still playing around with different curses/auras/passives until I find the sweet spot.
IGN: HucksIsBackYo
RIP: BlueWafflin http://www.twitch.tv/bakerlive/c/3688290
RIP: HucklesMcKnuckles - Vaults of Atziri naked to fit more loot, exile spawned.
RIP: HucksMcBlasty - Tempest bullshit
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
Yloss wrote:
Having trouble with Dark Forest Boss ... no way my regen can keep up with his dmg and when i try to avoid the green circles he just chases me and pummel from behind (:P)
Ofc i'm not fully geared etc but i thought i could take lvl 14 bosses already .. sigh.
Any hint/tip on what should i focus on (gear/passives) pls ?
Char Name: LittleWhiteLies

Thanks!

Your Character Tab is invisible. I can't help you. :(

Sorry mate, now you should be able to check it, thanks in adavnce!
"
Yloss wrote:
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
Yloss wrote:
Having trouble with Dark Forest Boss ... no way my regen can keep up with his dmg and when i try to avoid the green circles he just chases me and pummel from behind (:P)
Ofc i'm not fully geared etc but i thought i could take lvl 14 bosses already .. sigh.
Any hint/tip on what should i focus on (gear/passives) pls ?
Char Name: LittleWhiteLies

Thanks!

Your Character Tab is invisible. I can't help you. :(

Sorry mate, now you should be able to check it, thanks in adavnce!

Your links are pretty borked up. :/ Your headslot is really weird - it has stuff that isn't linked - well, all 4 sockets are not linked.

You lack about 1000ES from a presence of Chayula. You ought to do your last lab - Malediction is a hidden 10% more ES modifier. (also damage) There is also an ES node before it.

You run a 6link frenzy with a vertex- Thats a really big waste. You do not need that without an Indigon. You also level an enlighten in it right now?

You run a lot of defensive jewels in your jewel slots - you are also lacking the crit multi nodes in the talent tree. You do not have a Diamond Flask. Diamond Flask alone would give you 1/4 more damage.

Divination Distillate does not work with this build. We have no life that drops (and if it does we are most likely dead xD) and mana fills up faster then we can spend it (especially with an Vertex) essentially making the Distilate useless. It cancels out once your Life/Mana are full.

You do not hit hard enough to get full leech instances. This means your defensive jewels are worse then offensive jewels for defense.

Your Fire Resistance does not appear to be capped? Or do you use Alira?

Please try to follow the OP and the PoBs provided. :( Abyssal Jewels all over the place instead of normal ones with crit multi hurt this build a lot. Same as random flasks. Broken Link chains etc are obviously a big no-no.

It's cool when people want to experiment around and do their own stuff - but its really not that hot when you guys do that and then ask me to fix everything after you die to t14 bosses due to 'experiments'. :S

Anyhow! I hope those pointers helped you out! :)
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Oct 15, 2018, 2:38:22 PM
"
HucksMcNasty wrote:
Somewhat doing this build. It's really fun.

Still playing around with different curses/auras/passives until I find the sweet spot.

Have fun. I would discard the Spirutal Aid Idea. Its just Damage Increases; nothing to write home about sadly. You will get about 85% increased Damage out of it. For less talent points you will get Celestial Judgement which scales way better with gear/other damage increases due to pen being a more multi.

But don't let me stop you, haha. ^^

I hope you have fun and enjoy it all! :)
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

Your links are pretty borked up. :/ Your headslot is really weird - it has stuff that isn't linked - well, all 4 sockets are not linked.

You lack about 1000ES from a presence of Chayula. You ought to do your last lab - Malediction is a hidden 10% more ES modifier. (also damage) There is also an ES node before it.

You run a 6link frenzy with a vertex- Thats a really big waste. You do not need that without an Indigon. You also level an enlighten in it right now?

You run a lot of defensive jewels in your jewel slots - you are also lacking the crit multi nodes in the talent tree. You do not have a Diamond Flask. Diamond Flask alone would give you 1/4 more damage.

Divination Distillate does not work with this build. We have no life that drops (and if it does we are most likely dead xD) and mana fills up faster then we can spend it (especially with an Vertex) essentially making the Distilate useless. It cancels out once your Life/Mana are full.

You do not hit hard enough to get full leech instances. This means your defensive jewels are worse then offensive jewels for defense.

Your Fire Resistance does not appear to be capped? Or do you use Alira?

Please try to follow the OP and the PoBs provided. :( Abyssal Jewels all over the place instead of normal ones with crit multi hurt this build a lot. Same as random flasks. Broken Link chains etc are obviously a big no-no.

It's cool when people want to experiment around and do their own stuff - but its really not that hot when you guys do that and then ask me to fix everything after you die to t14 bosses due to 'experiments'. :S

Anyhow! I hope those pointers helped you out! :)

Indeed it helps out!
I need to make up my mind cause trying to follow different ideas is borking me, i should stick with a plan and then, eventually, once settled, see if anything can be improved.
Thanks for the build and above all thanks for the time and patience you have with us!
Keep it up :)
First of all, thank you so much Cyrix1337 for setting up this build and making this guide. I have been wanting to try Arc basically since I started playing and this finally gave me the excuse to just do it!

Now, I cannot remember if I had read it on this guide or somewhere else when trying to figure out how arc + poet's pens work... but having an attack rate over 3.75 can actually hurt out damage, is that correct? I checked my Frenzy and it is over 4 I believe, so if that is the case I am going to chop it down.

Also I am sure this has been brought up before as I see you actually have the jewel sitting in your POB. What are your thoughts on Unnatural Instinct? I noticed it was not a huge investment passive wise to grab it in this build. I have been using it and think it was worth the points I spent, but what are your thoughts?

If you have time, and it is not too much trouble, would you mind taking a look at my character and letting me know where you think I can make some nice improvements? I am about to liquidate another character so I should have some currency to play around with.

On a side note, I managed to get a nice (I think the best) corruption on one of my pens (only had to corrupt 17 pens to get one :P), and crafted some decent rare boots that corrected my res requirements, so woo!

delving feels muuuuuuuch better with this ring

<3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info