[3.5] Occult ArcPoet - All Content | Millions+ DPS | ÜElder | Delve 1k+ | Videos

howdy. I just wanna update u guys on my progress. I pretty much stopped to worry about my POB and author's POB coz hes got multiple times more dps on arc then I have no matter what I do. I dont understand, I read OP like few times but no way to understand my 300k and his milions. also cast time is 2x more if that matters and also didnt find why. anyhow I swapped from Indigon back to Vertex, removed my spider boots for standard shaper ring and sin treks. Went back to Forbidden power and now I got almost 8k es, higher dmg and can use herald of ice as well, if I get some vertex with enchants even better but there are non existant. would go for +1 power charge but nobody sells it so I need to lf different enchant.

So with Vertex it seems I got actually MORE dmg then with Indigon and smoother gameplay (feels like more at least). I dont constantly hear "not enough mana" and my spells dont skip with autoattack. having no mana issues means i do not die anymore on low attackspeed during some encounters. but its just my preference.

what I wanted to say is with the vertex set up I just finished uber elder. died 3 times but thats basically my inexperience and kinda was nervous so flask management was just not there.

I kinda miss vile bastion so maybe i will go back for delving.

thanks for the build

edit: ok there are rly NO enchants for vertex :D wtf... also what do you think about more projectiles for ball lighting (more hits, more leech)?
Last edited by Hollycz on Oct 14, 2018, 10:58:42 AM
"
Hollycz wrote:
howdy. I just wanna update u guys on my progress. I pretty much stopped to worry about my POB and author's POB coz hes got multiple times more dps on arc then I have no matter what I do. I dont understand, I read OP like few times but no way to understand my 300k and his milions. also cast time is 2x more if that matters and also didnt find why. anyhow I swapped from Indigon back to Vertex, removed my spider boots for standard shaper ring and sin treks. Went back to Forbidden power and now I got almost 8k es, higher dmg and can use herald of ice as well, if I get some vertex with enchants even better but there are non existant. would go for +1 power charge but nobody sells it so I need to lf different enchant.

So with Vertex it seems I got actually MORE dmg then with Indigon and smoother gameplay (feels like more at least). I dont constantly hear "not enough mana" and my spells dont skip with autoattack. having no mana issues means i do not die anymore on low attackspeed during some encounters. but its just my preference.

what I wanted to say is with the vertex set up I just finished uber elder. died 3 times but thats basically my inexperience and kinda was nervous so flask management was just not there.

I kinda miss vile bastion so maybe i will go back for delving.

thanks for the build

edit: ok there are rly NO enchants for vertex :D wtf... also what do you think about more projectiles for ball lighting (more hits, more leech)?

This all got answered already. Please read the OP; specifically this part:

"
Note: I included the CastSpeed/Spell Damage modifier in those builds on the helmets to represent the Attack/Cast Speed via Poet's Pen as well as the average %spelldamage gain from Indigon if applicable.

Vertex does not give you MORE damage in any way possible. There simply is no damage modifier on the helmet at all. It is easier to make use of, thats true. Its is why I recommend it for new players.

In regards to Indigon - you can see in my videos that the 'not enough mana' prompt never shows up in combat. Thats what the calculator and other things are for - but if you do not understand it/can't figure it out its probs better to run the Vertex. :)

Congrats on the UberElder. :)

€dit: GMP does nothing for Ball Lightning on bosses. Please check the wiki for further information.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Oct 14, 2018, 12:26:54 PM
Having trouble with Dark Forest Boss ... no way my regen can keep up with his dmg and when i try to avoid the green circles he just chases me and pummel from behind (:P)
Ofc i'm not fully geared etc but i thought i could take lvl 14 bosses already .. sigh.
Any hint/tip on what should i focus on (gear/passives) pls ?
Char Name: LittleWhiteLies

Thanks!
"
Yloss wrote:
Having trouble with Dark Forest Boss ... no way my regen can keep up with his dmg and when i try to avoid the green circles he just chases me and pummel from behind (:P)
Ofc i'm not fully geared etc but i thought i could take lvl 14 bosses already .. sigh.
Any hint/tip on what should i focus on (gear/passives) pls ?
Char Name: LittleWhiteLies

Thanks!

Your Character Tab is invisible. I can't help you. :(
cant do AUL, he kills me in seconds, better to use barrage for this fight?

unfortunately have 12 % ele-pen and + Ele damage mods on aul :-/

Depth 275
"
xtREEN wrote:

Depth 275

https://www.poelab.com/aul-the-crystal-king/
"
xtREEN wrote:

Depth 275

you can't sit still for more than a few seconds vs aul with this build, and you definitely can't autregen his damage, i personally gave up and killed mine with my pathfinder.

i don't trust poelab on the modfiers, mine seemed to benefit form onslaught and poison...
"
phroz3n wrote:
"
xtREEN wrote:

Depth 275

you can't sit still for more than a few seconds vs aul with this build, and you definitely can't autregen his damage, i personally gave up and killed mine with my pathfinder.

i don't trust poelab on the modfiers, mine seemed to benefit form onslaught and poison...

Aul has always different modifiers - if you have crank ones delve further till you find him again with other modifiers.

This is not about trusting poelab ^^ - Aul always has different mods additional to what poelab writes there. POE Lab just lists the baseline modifiers. Like his 80% reduced curse effictivness etc which he shares with all endgame bosses. (like shaper, guardians etc)

And yeah, Aul is easiest on something with an Mirage Archer or an dot/Minion Build. That way you can focus on moving around and not concern yourself with standing still for damage. It appears to be one of those bosses which is bit crunk for melees or builds like this.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Oct 15, 2018, 5:13:46 AM
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

This is not about trusting poelab ^^ - Aul always has different mods additional to what poelab writes there. POE Lab just lists the baseline modifiers. Like his 80% reduced curse effictivness etc which he shares with all endgame bosses. (like shaper, guardians etc)

for some reason i assumed that they were saying he could only be affected by those mods listed there, but i realize now that those are his default mods not delve stuff...
Last edited by phroz3n on Oct 15, 2018, 5:34:45 AM
"
phroz3n wrote:
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

for some reason i assumed that they were saying he could only be affected by those mods listed there, but i realize now that those are his default mods not delve stuff...

Haha, fair enough! Happens to everyone - it isnt exactly clear on poelab and Aul is a pretty new boss.
If Delve stays I am pretty sure most people will kill him with all kind of builds like they do with UberElder now. But till then I bet a lot of people make mistakes and dont really know how he works or his modifiers etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info