[3.8] Demi's Infinite Tinkerer, the Lightning Trap Saboteur (EVERYTHING/BUDGET VIABLE)

"
bejuizb wrote:
Hi there!

I'm a newbie to the game and am hoping to use this build guide as a framework to play through the story. I just wanted to ask if this would still work if I chose to use explosive traps instead. For some reason I seem to be having inconsistent damage with lightning traps while explosive traps seem to definitely hit the stuff I am hoping to hit.

if you prefere a different skill, go for it. the tree is pretty generic for any crit trap setup.
🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters
Hello Demi, hello guys, 1st post here.
This is my starter build, i really enjoy it. i'm 91 and heading towards tier 15 maps.
What should i upgrade next ?

I still feel a bit squishy even with 5.5k life and 5k evasion, but i guess it's the build right.
I know i miss the enchants, but isn't it super long to farm them in the lab ?
What's your advice guys ? am i good to go until uber elder?
Here's my PoB : https://pastebin.com/500feyuB

Cheers!
Last edited by pierre65500 on Feb 2, 2019, 10:13:55 AM
In your gem section you write:
"
Lightning Spire Trap, Elemental Focus, Controlled Destruction, Lightning Penetration

Is Controlled Destruction a mistake and should be Concentrated Effect? That's what you are running and I'm not sure the AOE is worth the DPS cost for average hit?
Hey Demi, let's say i'm a rich boI and i have currency to burn, what am i looking for to upgrapde the weapon ? (i crafted one of those sambar scepter as u did)
Thanks !
Last edited by Zangdahr on Feb 5, 2019, 11:59:28 AM
Psstt my 1st shaper kill ever. Playing on xb since launch. Next up uber elder :)
Thank you Demi for making this guide! I hadn't played traps before and I decided to give the build a go in the Betrayal League.

The build got sort of out of hand after I vaaled my Tinkerskin with +2 to projectile gems - and I've been min/maxing the build ever since. The Veiled mods are OP...

I'd love if you have time to look at my build and give it your thought. I have the PoB link available for you to look at too.

My thoughts on the build (LONG!):
Spoiler

I prefer the mechanic of traps to mines. Traps are really quick when you can just throw them at enemies like grenades. What comes to DPS, I feel like I got pretty close to Arc Mines. I know for sure that Mine builds do not come even close to these defenses. The build works with Loreweave, but the Life Gain on trap triggering is hard to beat, and the Loreweave would need too many off-colors with a good corrupted implicit to keep up with the DPS.

I also wanted to play a character that can do ALL content with ease and I achieved that. I dont like glass cannon builds where the point is to kill faster than you get killed. I like very well balanced characters with damage, utility and defense. With my character pretty much everything in the game gets 1 shotted, Shaper phases take only as long as his attack animation takes etc., but is still very satisfying to play.

Movement - Shield charge is for faster running and fortify. Flame Dash is for Innervate, Culling Strike, gets you over cliffs and clutter on the ground. Mostly I play the character like this: Throw traps into mobs -> Shield charge in -> Flame Dash out. Gives me Fortify and Innervate almost every time.

Dropped the Pierce Support for Lightning Penetration and got pierce from the passive tree instead.

For The Wise Oak I was able to get Reduced Damage taken from Fire and Cold. My lightning resist is 4% too high for being reduced aswell, but dropping that extra 4% would get very expensive at this point or I would lose another essential suffix.

The crafted items are done in such way that I have the best possible damage prefixes/suffixes in slots which have the worst regular mods for damage (like resistances or some random prefix). I have thought about a delve crafted stygian vise with Elemental Damage, Lightning Damage and Damage, but I would then have to find precious resistances elsewhere. With the current gear I'm exactly at the cap with fire and cold resistances (The Wise Oak keeps me over the cap in Ele Weakness maps).

+2 to Trap or Mine Gems Implicit is the best.

I havent had the time to delve deeper than 300 yet.

The source for shatter comes from the Abyss Jewel and labyrinth enchant on gloves (which hits for 40k) since I dropped Herald of Ice for Aspect of the Spider.

To Demi if he reads this: Since most of the mods haven't been in game yet, do you think this is possibly the strongest lightning trapper in PoE?

NOTES:
-Millions of Shaper dps
-Way over 450k (+over 30k with Innervate) Shaper damage per each ball (101% Penetration)
-Way over 270k (+over 30k with Innervate) Shaper DPS per Lightning Spire Trap
(As I'm writing this post Path of Building does not know how to calculate mods like "You gain 8% Damage for Each Trap" passive from Perfect Crime ascendancy node, "+22 to Critical Strike Multiplier if You've Shattered an Enemy Recently" or "Non-Vaal Skills Deal 60% increased Damage During Soul Gain Prevention". Also there is no option for enemy to be standing on shocked ground (stacks with shock?))
-Can loot delve 300+ caves without flares 95% of the time
-Can do any mods on maps in 6 player games

Gear, Jewels and Flasks
Spoiler

I'm sure I left something out and could discuss the build for hours. But for now my geek cup for the day has been filled. Thanks again for making the guide that got me to make this beautiful lightning trapper!

Last edited by zetek on Feb 6, 2019, 8:13:54 PM
Just completed all 40 challenges :)
Fun build! Thanks a lot.
Now i switched to MF gear:

Great freaking build. I ran across this build while looking for a build capable of doing HoGM. Crafted me up some respectable gear and did Uber lab, HoGM and was able to start farming elder moon temple, at level 75 lol, easy work. Not going to lie, took some one shot deaths from the Syndicate clowns, but it absolutely wrecked trash and literally deleted bosses. This will be my starter build next league. 10 of 10. Thanks for the fun build, Demi.
Hi

Looking at this build for next league :)

Quick Q: Is the 6L trap set up for map clearing, and the 4L trap set up for bosses?

Or is it the other way round?

Thanks!
Loving this build. Completed the storyline in 25h of playtime mostly SSF (bought cheap 5L body and Doedre's tenure gloves - 3c total spent). Saving up for 5L Tinkerskin now and starting maps.

"
Quick Q: Is the 6L trap set up for map clearing, and the 4L trap set up for bosses?

Or is it the other way round?

The 6L is for mostly everything. The 4L lightning spire trap is for more damage to stationary targets. I also use it to block doorways before I open them and for strongboxes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info