[3.8] Demi's Infinite Tinkerer, the Lightning Trap Saboteur (EVERYTHING/BUDGET VIABLE)

"
The_Fatness wrote:
Is this build supposed to be tremendously squishy? Or does the survivability come later? I am just hitting 52 in Act 7 and I am basically get smattered by all content. I am continually dying and my boss damage is quite poor.

Doesn't feel squishy to me, I'm lvl 45 in late Act 5 (lvl 42) which cerntain helps, but I feel like this build could easily do content several levels higher. I currently have 1.7k life and 2k tooltip damage. Took a quick peek at your gear, it seems you have very little life on your gear and are still running LT on a 4L.
"
saxisa wrote:
"
The_Fatness wrote:
Is this build supposed to be tremendously squishy? Or does the survivability come later? I am just hitting 52 in Act 7 and I am basically get smattered by all content. I am continually dying and my boss damage is quite poor.

Doesn't feel squishy to me, I'm lvl 45 in late Act 5 (lvl 42) which cerntain helps, but I feel like this build could easily do content several levels higher. I currently have 1.7k life and 2k tooltip damage. Took a quick peek at your gear, it seems you have very little life on your gear and are still running LT on a 4L.

Yep, not finding any decent gear and with the removal of Vorici's linking options, there's nothing else I can do for links.
Sup, i got lucky and found an exalted in act 4 and thus having tinker and okayish gear.

in general i just had some problems getting instasmashed by some syndicates but after gearing up its half way solved, still getting shit on by em if i dont pay good attention.

other than that this build is realy strong, boss damage is freakin unreal
i even feel pretty tanky with like 3,8k life atleast in t3 maps lol.

im currently at lvl 73 w/o merc lab and unoptimized flasks
Last edited by scenzah19 on Dec 9, 2018, 3:07:03 PM
I am level 73, had had fun with this build so far but damn this is squishy. I have built beginning map gear with 2.9k life and full capped res (90+) and yet things can one shot me easily or usually 3-4 shots, which is easy because evades does not take most of those and the self peeling is awful without attack speed.

I am having so much trouble with betrayal gameplay as they deal way too much heavy frequenced huge dmg spells..

What have you done to get it to work easy?

Played different witches and whirlwind builds before and havent had that much trouble beginning mapping.
Hey there!
Demi -on 72 lvl with 6l tabula this build destroys all, cool dps.
But as Exiles say- its really squishy, got almost 3k hp, took acro and phase acro, res are capped and still i can be one shooted on single T1 map, for that i took 2nd ascendancy which gave me 1% life regen per trap,gained more sustain but still im glass cannon. What to do in this case? and is tinkerskin still priority armour?

good day Fellas!
"
Yuleez wrote:
I am level 73, had had fun with this build so far but damn this is squishy. I have built beginning map gear with 2.9k life and full capped res (90+) and yet things can one shot me easily or usually 3-4 shots, which is easy because evades does not take most of those and the self peeling is awful without attack speed.

I am having so much trouble with betrayal gameplay as they deal way too much heavy frequenced huge dmg spells..

What have you done to get it to work easy?

Played different witches and whirlwind builds before and havent had that much trouble beginning mapping.

You for sure need more life on your gear. I am at about 4k life just hitting maps with mostly self-found gear. The build does plenty of damage, focus on life and defense for everything but your weapon. Try defensive flasks too. The blind nodes for ascendancy are also huge for avoiding damage. Play this like a bow character, throw traps in front of you before you see the mobs and kill them off screen, never give them the chance to hit you.
Last edited by Splatt5150 on Dec 10, 2018, 12:25:23 AM
@demi

Loving the build. My question is I am not shattering anything (so porcupines are very dangerous, even the zombie revivers are annoying). Can you (or anyone that know what they're doing) take a peek and let me know. I have ~25% crit, have cold dmg to spells on a couple spots, using herald of ice but no shattering.
Thanks for the help guys.
Last edited by jbabel1012 on Dec 10, 2018, 1:33:14 AM
"
premierunio wrote:
Hey there!
Demi -on 72 lvl with 6l tabula this build destroys all, cool dps.
But as Exiles say- its really squishy, got almost 3k hp, took acro and phase acro, res are capped and still i can be one shooted on single T1 map, for that i took 2nd ascendancy which gave me 1% life regen per trap,gained more sustain but still im glass cannon. What to do in this case? and is tinkerskin still priority armour?

good day Fellas!

What I have found to save me is CWDT/immortal call. Seems to prevent most 1 shots (and I only have ~3K life). I can even face tank a few things (most syndicate duos etc, this is only blue maps so far).
The other thing is spam/hold your trap button when tanking or spraying a room, it casts faster then you can mash the button. Also preemptively cast as well (meaning, every couple steps throw a set of traps, or a spire trap this helps proc your tinker and pyromaniac to build your defense, even if there's no mobs).
Im a noob with the build but hope this helps.
I will also agree with everyone that the DPS of this is insane. I've only reached blood aqueduct so far, and the content melts beautifully.

No survivability issues so far, but I took my time and invested in twinky leveling items due to some lucky early drops. Looking forward to proceeding with it.

What I would like to know is an opinion on the following subjects (some have already been addressed before, but I couldn't find a definite answer):

- adding a Hair trigger jewel and replacing Chain Reaction with Explosives Expert to benefit more from the Tinkerskin? Chain reaction could even be left specced, since mob trigger will proc before chain reaction trigger given that trigger AOE is big enough
- replacing Tinkerskin with Loreweave when at 800+ ES, now that mana is easier to sustain with the new EB

Thanks!
Nice guide thank you very much.

Just curious about your opinion on the new The Devouring Diadem. It gives elderitch battery for free on the helmet, and with the helmet we can run triple heralds + wrath, or two auras one herald. It has no life and res, but it has a special skill that regen your life and es by eating corpse. I feel it is pretty decent but no life on helmet may hurt.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info