[3.8] Demi's Infinite Tinkerer, the Lightning Trap Saboteur (EVERYTHING/BUDGET VIABLE)

"
yokushin wrote:
I am stuck and just got my ass blasted by a level 81 Master. I just noticed that I am quite squishy here and there and trying to figure out a way to not get blasted. Not sure if I am just bad at playing or just the build isn't working. I am cruise control till I hit around T13 map then i just notice I been getting hit for a shit ton.

Spoiler

Here is my POB Extract:
https://pastebin.com/RTZESLcb

Any help and advice is appreciated!

In my opinion, you took a lot of travel nodes and nodes with dubious benefits, which can be replaced by more profitable and useful ones. Like "lethal assault" and "Prowess", much better grab some Hp nodes instead of it(you can compare with my skill tree for example). Also you inserted hypnotic eye jevel, i think, much better insert jewel with high %hp roll/1-2 mods crit.multi 17%+/projectle damage/ trap throw speed.
Your CWDT setup is meeehhh ) You'd use CWDT (requires lvl42-45- trigger when you take 660-700 dmg) +SteelSkin+Enfeble+ImmortalCall(useless without duration support, cuz you has no endurance charges) or Frost Wall or something else with defencive options(i prefer frost wall for Delve and maps with hard mods like additional projectles/additional dmg)
Try to get gear with higher hp mods/strength and gear with evade/dodge attacs/spells. Try to grab jewel sockets wich requires less than 2 travel nodes. Try to use Stone golem wich can taunt enemies and have more hp than lightning golem. Also you can craft rings with +1 to minimum endurance charges
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Endurance_charge Use arctic armour instead Dread banner and Precision. You've need some chaos resistance for Mastermind fight(Katarina), 83+ Atsoatl and Delve. GL
Last edited by Silver_Dude on Oct 8, 2019, 2:57:23 PM
Love that build. Currently easy farming shaper/uber/guardians....but dying to much, dunno how i can impove my character.
"
thekaos1k23 wrote:
Love that build. Currently easy farming shaper/uber/guardians....but dying to much, dunno how i can impove my character.

Hi!
Same advices like for yokushin...
1. Skeel tree(too many travel nodes and nodes with dubious benefits)
2. Amulet
3. Nodes in skill tree with HP. You've need Higher HP rools/mods on gear.
4.CWDT link(swap IC for steelskin cuz you haven't endurance charges for IC duration&power)
5.Shity gloves, boots&shield bases( you've need es/evasion bases)
Last edited by Silver_Dude on Oct 9, 2019, 3:51:35 PM
Great guide helped me cruise through until yellow maps. So far great, but I keep dying in Incursions. Any tips? Should I get more chaos resistance?
We probably survive build breaking nerfs in 3.9 (we are not summoners... right xD) so i will go for this build again in next league.

Done ALL content except UElder (cos bad at fight.. didnt try just bought UElder service)

P.S porcupines is deadly without "cold damage to spells"
(Skitterbots didnt really helped me)

I play about 1 league per year around this time, and this year I decided to use this build for my playthrough. I have had almost zero problems clearing almost all of the content in the game, including my first clear of Uber Elder ever in just two attempts.

The build has incredible damage and is very easy to play while on the move, allowing you to give considerable focus to your positioning for endgame bosses. It isn't the most survivable build ever out there, but using a defensive shield and high % increased life gems in all of the passive gem nodes gave me right around 5.5k HP, which is all I really required in conjunction with the other defensive setups the build offers.

I found fairly early on a fairly strong void sceptre and have yet to be able to replace it with anything that gives me more damage. Elemental damage sceptres seem to work just as well as any of the rune daggers most others are rolling with.

I also had to divert from the front page post on the skill tree in order to grab Blast Cascade from its newer location, which cost me one additional travel point, but the massive damage boost is too powerful to pass up.

In skill gems, I've also made minor diversions from the front page since it isn't updated with Skitterbots. I've found that by running a mana reservation head enchant and an Enlighten support linked to Wrath and Skitterbots, I am also able to run a Herald gem which seems to add more damage overall than 40% lightning trap damage.

Another considerable bit of my damage, since I'm using a shield, comes from The Shaper's Mark ring, and I was able to purchase a near perfect one for around 30c. I don't get the crazy numbers some users in the thread are getting but it's way more than enough to melt guardians in seconds still.

All in all, quite a nice build, and, as I'm an idiot at this game, quite an easy one to play and clear all the content on.

My set for my Uber Elder kill today:

Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/ym967TMX

Side note: I am not expecting to progress past 94 with this build as you will get occasionally deleted in deep delve or by tier 16 Alva/Jun missions. If I invested a lot more currency into min/maxing and/or knew anything about what I was actually doing in the game I could probably compensate for that. On the other hand, this is the first build I've ever run where I don't have to care about the map modifiers in general outside of the ever annoying Temp Chains.
Last edited by SuchWaffles on Nov 3, 2019, 11:08:45 PM
"
PalikkaApina wrote:
I have been messing around with full buff golems (9 golems) elementalist self cast dual Shimmeron crit builds this league. I took my current Orb of Storms elementalist and slapped lightning trap on it. I adjusted the tree a bit and copied the setting from the pob pastebin of this forum thread.

This looks pretty amazing. Have you considered making a guide, even just a basic one for people to follow. Would be very interested in following that build.
"We lost some regen from Ascendancy as well as the Shaper +1 trap thrown gloves mod."
Still got that mod in my gloves (made them at Legion, now playing at standard). So they didn't remove it, don't know if it works or not :/

Edit: ofc it works, nobody ever said it was retroactive, my bad.

Being messing around with skills, anybody knows if we have to use skitterbots "workaround" with them in this build in PoB?
# SKITTERBOT WORKAROUND
# Skitterbots apply a non-hit shock aura
# which applies a debuff of increase damage taken by 20%
# This is increased to 23.8% on a 20/20 gem
Enemies Taunted by you take 24% increased Damage

Last edited by zomgplix on Nov 17, 2019, 12:51:15 PM
How's this looking?.

Going to try this as my league starter for 3.9.

Is arc still the most popular choice? (Could other spells work even if they’re fired based? Harder to pick up fire damage nodes in the assassin area)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info