Tempest. Rain of Arrows Deadeye.

This is a guide on one of the characters i was playing during 3.3 Incursion league. It is Rain of Arrows build using The Tempest on Deadeye Ascendancy. It was my main character for mapping this league and i enjoyed it enough to bring it to lvl100, and honestly would continue on, if it was possible. My enjoyment of this build has reflected on investments i made into its gear, so i must warn you - it will take 30-50 ex to get to 75% of what you will see in gameplay videos and really enjoy it.

Pros:
-Fast mapper
-Really enjoyable to play
-Can do all content if needed, but won't recommend it for bossing. Check out my other guides for that ;)

Cons:
-It is a very straightforward new player friendly build, but gear requirements make it not very good for a beginner
-Can't do ele reflect or no leech maps

Gameplay:
Boss Kill Compilation
T13 map with Head Hunter
T16 full clear no HH. A bit of a fail on the boss :)

Path of Building LVL 100 (current character)
Bandit: Allira
Pantheon: Lunaris + Shakari/Garukhan, Ryslatha for Uber Elder.

Core Unique Items:

My gear, links, explanations and other options

The faster your bow is - the better RoA + Mirage Archer will feel. I decided to go with The Tempest this time around. Try to corrupt it for crit chance, flat lightning damage or attack speed (don't need 6l, just make it 6s 4l or even plain 4l). Windripper is a good option too.

Most flexible piece of equipment. I went for belly because 40% life goes well with flat life you get from abyss jewels and it is easy to balance resists for Wise Oak. Other options : QotF, Loreweave, Shroud of the Lightles, Yriel's Fostering (Rhoa), Kaom's Heart, Elder Rare, Inpulsa. Suit your needs. On 5-l drop Mirage Archer.

Rare Spike-Point Quiver with life/EDwA/crit multi/attack speed/crit chance. Quivers are hard to get because most item filters don't show them :(

Starkonja, Devoto's or Lightpoacher. 15% attack speed enchant for mapping, additional sequence for bossing. I just use attack speed all around.

Tombfist and Bubonic Trail are mandatory uniques due to abyss sockets for powering up our base damage with abyss jewels. Make sure to have one Murderous Eye Jewel in the gloves for intimidate effect. Penetration or lightning damage enchant for boots. Crit/life/attack speed corrupt for gloves.

Darkness Enthroned is the best belt you can get if you have good jewels for it.

Budget belt (use it for mapping, if you have one):

Use rare Stygian with life+EDwA if you don't.

Look for life/flat lightning/EDwA/res on rings, life/EDwA/crit multi/res/flat lightning on amulet.

Look for life/flat lightning/crit multi/attack speed/res on jewels.

Can use Dying Sun instead of Wise Oak for mapping if you like.

Leveling Guide. I hate this part. Thanks DnD, hope you don't mind :)

My build guide(s):
Tempest (Map)
Might from Within (Boss)
Poet's Way (Boss)
Inpulsa's Fury (Map)
Forest Fire (Map)

Have fun!
Last edited by dvs_m0rph on Dec 5, 2018, 6:18:08 PM
Last bumped on Jan 27, 2019, 1:06:03 PM
Could you elaborate on why you chose starkonja over lightpoachers? I would guess mainly for the gem sockets?

You might also want to mention loreweave as a potential good chest :)
Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer
Last edited by niuage on Jul 18, 2018, 4:57:59 PM
"
niuage wrote:
Could you elaborate on why you chose starkonja over lightpoachers? I would guess mainly for the gem sockets?

You might also want to mention loreweave as a potential good chest :)

If abyss jewels were easier to get - i'd probably use Lightpoacher :)
I knew i forgot some options for armor lol
Is frenzy the only way of getting frenzy charges even in mapping? Would you go about another way of getting charges

Also why not conc effect instead of lightning pen?
Last edited by Jellybee85 on Jul 21, 2018, 5:21:14 PM
"
Jellybee85 wrote:
Is frenzy the only way of getting frenzy charges even in mapping? Would you go about another way of getting charges

Also why not conc effect instead of lightning pen?

You can run blood rage if you want, or get something like this

I don't like gem swaps, and i did not test how conc effect affects AoE overlap, might very well end up being weaker for single target.
I've been running a similar build, but stacking dex instead of lightning with a tempest. I believe conc effect is worth taking for single target.

PoB Pastebin for those interested.

https://pastebin.com/8VhnFhnn

Also worth mentioning that to reach damage levels even close to what OP is displaying be prepared to invest at least 100ex.

Edit: New Pob https://pastebin.com/3DyBhnpg
Last edited by Raazing on Jul 22, 2018, 8:09:53 PM
Thoughts on this build for 3.3 flashback? Abyss jewels seems like a pain but otherwise doesn't seem too bad. How much does it rely on good abyss jewels?
"
Anavels wrote:
Thoughts on this build for 3.3 flashback? Abyss jewels seems like a pain but otherwise doesn't seem too bad. How much does it rely on good abyss jewels?

If you don't go for t1 life rolls - should not be too bad, but i would not make it as first character.
"
i would not make it as first character.

Could you explain why?
"
yoshis wrote:
"
i would not make it as first character.

Could you explain why?

You will be lacking gear. I know i can make it work as first char, but i feel like if you have to ask if you could - you probably can't.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info