[3.3] Inpulsa's Fury

This is a guide on one of the builds i was playing during 3.1 Abyss League. It is centered around explosions from Inpulsa's Broken Heart. Hyaon's Fury quickly became second core unique for it's nice synergistic %increased lightning damage per Frenzy Charge, while frenzy charges are another multiplier for the explosions.

Pros:

-Explosions
-Fast clear speed
-Guardian/Shaper viable
-Could be made for under 10ex

Cons:

-Can't do ele reflect maps

Gameplay:
Shaped Channel
Hydra Enfeeble + Turbo + 200 ping
Phoenix Extra Fire + Extra Life + 200 ping
Chimera Vuln + 200 ping
Shaper
10-20 ex version of the build
Not really a faceroll build for Guardians, but does have the DPS

3.3 Udate
Lost possibility to corrupt amulet and boots for frenzy charges, buffed Heart of Thunder and Breath of Lightning. Now build is a bit stronger on low budget and weaker with bigger investments. PoB for 3.3 with extra spell dodge and chaos res. Try to corrupt Hyaon's for attack speed/fortify/AoE.

3.1 Path of Building lvl 97

-6.5k HP
-1mil Shaper DPS
-37% Evasion
-56/10% Dodge
-521% increased damage for explosions with 40% more from EO, another 40% more from Frenzy Charges, 48% Penetration and Conductivity on top.
Bandits: kill all(i did) or help Kraityn
Pantheon: Lunaris + Garukhan. Try to fully upgrade them.

Core Unique Items:

Inpulsa's Broken Heart offers decent DPS stats, extra cleanup and AOE with it's exposions. Hyaon's Fury has nice DPS and will boost explosions. Life Gain on Kill from the weapon turned out to be quite helpful too.

Recommended Unique Items:

Lycosidae so we don't miss and can focus on stats other than accuracy. Darkray's for extra Frenzy Charge(s). Impresence for free Conductivity. Feel free to use Bisco's instead.

Optional:

The Taming can help you fix resists, offers a lot of DPS and Chance to Shock, but has no life.

My gear and links at the moment of writing this guide

Another option for the gloves:

PoB of suggested leveling build

My build guide(s):
Tempest (Map)
Might from Within (Boss)
Poet's Way (Boss)
Inpulsa's Fury (Map)
Forest Fire (Map)

Have Fun!
Last edited by dvs_m0rph on Jul 19, 2018, 8:18:49 AM
Last bumped on Aug 4, 2018, 7:05:54 AM
Possibly you would like to share a link to your PoB and/or your passive tree?
twitch.tv/catmasterOP
twitter.com/catmasterOP
youtube.com/catmasterOP

Playing since Nov'14 just before Bloodlines/Torment release, livestream since 2018, hosting Fated Connections PoE Community Podcast with BalorMage. I look forward to providing a lot more quality content in the future to come :3
Last edited by Catmaster on Jan 22, 2018, 9:04:14 AM
"
Catmaster wrote:
Possibly you would like to share a link to your PoB and/or your passive tree?

"Path of Building lvl 97" part is what you are looking for.
Last edited by dvs_m0rph on Jan 22, 2018, 9:25:00 AM
Cool build. Just wanted to point out that if you want to put sentences rather than single words as titles for Spoilers, you need to add quotation marks, like so:

[ spoiler="My gear and links at the moment of writing this guide" ][ /spoiler ]

asdf

This lets you use spaces rather than underscores between words.
Last edited by Euploid on Jan 22, 2018, 10:19:51 AM
"
Euploid wrote:
Cool build. Just wanted to point out that if you want to put sentences rather than single words as titles for Spoilers, you need to add quotation marks, like so:

[ spoiler="My gear and links at the moment of writing this guide" ][ /spoiler ]

asdf

This lets you use spaces rather than underscores between words.

Oh i was wondering, ty.
I've made your previous character - Qotf Cyclone - and it was great. Looking forward to try this one. I like playstyle of your builds, please keep them coming! Really great concepts.
Just want to chime in to say I'm very impressed by your build. From what I can see it should scale pretty well even without heavy currency investment, and I'm looking forward to trying this.

One quick question - I assume ele reflect maps are a no-go?

Oh and before I forget, for Phoenix try putting IncAoE instead of Conc in your BF setup. It'll make the fight go a lot smoother because you can actually kite him around properly then.
IGN Iiyoru (Ambush League)
"
caladriel wrote:
I've made your previous character - Qotf Cyclone - and it was great. Looking forward to try this one. I like playstyle of your builds, please keep them coming! Really great concepts.
Thank you! :)
"
DLimited wrote:
Just want to chime in to say I'm very impressed by your build. From what I can see it should scale pretty well even without heavy currency investment, and I'm looking forward to trying this.

One quick question - I assume ele reflect maps are a no-go?

Oh and before I forget, for Phoenix try putting IncAoE instead of Conc in your BF setup. It'll make the fight go a lot smoother because you can actually kite him around properly then.

Yea, reflect is no go. I reroll no leech/regen and ele avoidance. No regen is not a problem for this build, but i have 3-5 other characters this league - some of them can't do it. Reflect maps i put aside to run whenever i get no reflect sextant. Ele avoidance is fine, but not fun.

As for Phoenix - yea, i'm not really an experienced boss killer in any way, the only times i kill them is when i want a video. I could probably also switch to Ele Focus instead of Innervate - don't think i was shocking guardians. I could also replace EDwA on my shield charge with Fortify and maybe even be able to facetank at that point. Possibly even run Arctic Armour instead of HoT or use Perfect Form/Lightning Coil for Guardians. Any way - as long as i can kill them deathless - i'm happy :D

As for budget - i've added a video with much lower gear cost recently. My friend was playing it on even lower budget and it was working great for him too.

Edit: now looking at Phoenix fight - seems like i was actually shocking him.
Last edited by dvs_m0rph on Jan 22, 2018, 1:56:48 PM
Morph is a great friend of mine and i play alot of games with him. He is one of the brightest minds i know when it comes to build and understanding game mechanics.

i tried this build out even tho it wasnt for me. Its a solid build and have some insane map clearing skills. if you run channels/strand/gorge and maps like that you are in heaven with this build....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info