[3.4] KissMeQuick's Ultra Regen Blade Vortex Tank | 10K HP | 15K+ Leech & Regen | Easy Uber Elder

"
BForm wrote:
Guys, I'm planing to try this build on HC but Disintegrator costs an outrageous amount here. Does it work without the staff untill guardians/shaper or is it not even worth the effort?

Yes. There are couple of ways. OP mentioned another staff to use and what I prefer is dual wielding two rare weapons as statstick. Look for double "x% of phys dmg as extra fire/cold/lightning" rolls. Those are incredibly strong mods for BV. Way more than any crit multipliers or spell dmg bonuses. As they are pure dmg multipliers on top of your BV base dmg. It also lets you benefit from any ele dmg bonuses you might have from gear or skill tree. So anything you get from your skill tree becomes a boost for you.

You are also doing ailments effectively as you are critting a lot and has every elemental damage type. This also increases your survivability as you are effectively chilling/freezing enemies. Especially good when jumping in the middle of large mob packs that would like to hit you as a group. Also opens up the usage of Hypotermia support gem that helps chilling the enemies and is very strong dmg boost if the enemies are chilled. One of the best support gems imo.

Here's a filter I used to search for suitable weapons.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delve/dq5qGOuJ

And if you have money, you can get enormous amount of extra dps with these weapons as you don't need to care about weapon dmg itself or anything. Unique weapons downside is that they are what they are and you can't upgrade them. With rare weapons only the rolls are your limit.

As a nice extra flavour look this modifier for your other weapon. "#% chance to gain an Endurance Charge on Critical Strike". With crit BV the endurance charges are instantly up and most importantly up when fighting the bosses. You can decide yourself if you wan't high lvl Immortal Call or not. Even with low lvl Immortal Call proccing the charges are still up all the time. This helps a lot with the physical mitigation that this build in general lacks a little bit and counters it with high HP pool. Getting couple extra endurance charges shouldn't be impossible if you wish so as the build already roams around left bottom area. It feels like playing juggernaut.

When using GGG trade page. On the corner of the item there is a plus marker that lets you copy the item in a text format. Then you can paste it directly into Path of Building "Create custom"-item creator and see the dps effect easily by hovering your cursor over the "Create"-button. Don't even need to add the item into your build. Awesome time saver when browsing trade market and comparing items.

With these rare weapons you are forced to get your leech from ring with Warlords mark on hit -effect.

And Arakaali leech effect needs to be triggered by using Bloodrage in a combination with Immortal Call.

And 6-link is needed from the chest so there are some major differences to the original gearing but it's very flexible and gives room for creativity. The biggest downside is weaker HP pool that gets stuck around 7k-8k with moderate budget. Don't have any unique jewels myself. Keep in mind that you need int based chest if you wish to get 4-5 blue sockets easily! If you get dex/str based chests then be ready to spend a lot of chromas.

I compensated the lack of HP with some other mitigation. Endurance charges and "phys to elemental" conversion. Lightning Coil 30%, rare helmet with 10% and if you have money, then taste of hate 20%. That gives you 40%-60% physical to elemental mitigation. Physical damage becomes almost non-issue and the main focus goes into getting more max. res.

This chest can be replaced with a rare version as well that has one or two similar conversion rolls(15%) and then more HP and res. But getting those elder/shaper chest would be expensive. But atleast there is some upgrade potential if you get the money.

With Lightning Coil I also use Purity of Lightning to get my res up and getting some max. res.

That's about it. I wrote this just to give my thoughts and hope that any of the ideas here might help somebody or work as a source of inspiration. I don't claim this version to be more effective. Just something I came up with as I like to play BV with rare dual wield weapons. And it was more budget friendly choice at the time. Works well on any level maps and my current Delve depth ~250 is easy.

The original build wins in leech and regen dramatically. I can not claim to be able to face tank bigger bosses with my current gear. I am forced to learn the fights. :|

Sorry for the wall of text!
I'm level 91 with 8.1k life. What are the next upgrades to get more life, or should I change my passives? For example I still have the nodes leading up to Combat Stamina, but I'm not sure where they would be put to better use.

Char Spinnnn_to_Winnnn
Thinking about running this build on HC-delve.

Will greatly appreciate if someone who use the build can help with the next questions:
1. Can the build be one-shotted in Delve Depth <= 300?
2. Can the build kill itself with: Atziri mirror clone, elemntal thorns (Shavronne, Promenade boss) or by golem's reflect in Waterways map.

Thanks in advance!
"
AlfariusX wrote:
Thinking about running this build on HC-delve.

Will greatly appreciate if someone who use the build can help with the next questions:
1. Can the build be one-shotted in Delve Depth <= 300?
2. Can the build kill itself with: Atziri mirror clone, elemntal thorns (Shavronne, Promenade boss) or by golem's reflect in Waterways map.

Thanks in advance!

Hi I got one shot at level 262 in a vaal outpost with nasty mods (~100% extra dam as fire, ~100% extra dam as cold + others). Rare with a big sword hit me and went through 9200 health in one hit :) Catn say I have noticed others most of my deaths are me being stupid in the dark, learning bv/build etc

Not sure on reflect stuff sry

Last edited by WildWombat on Oct 6, 2018, 5:37:37 AM
Hey, thanks for all the great advice from this thread so far! I recently got a command of the pit with one abyssal slot to drop, so this is my build so far:

I don't have unnatural instinct or the watcher's eye jewel atm (probably going for unnatural instinct first, unless watcher's eye would be a bigger upgrade?). I was just wondering if my setup was okay and if someone could see if I'm doing anything horribly wrong. I dropped my old gloves for the command of the pit
, and I had to drop vaal righteous fire for it, but I believe that is an acceptable exchange correct?
"
_Basilissa_ wrote:
Hey, thanks for all the great advice from this thread so far! I recently got a command of the pit with one abyssal slot to drop, so this is my build so far:

I don't have unnatural instinct or the watcher's eye jewel atm (probably going for unnatural instinct first, unless watcher's eye would be a bigger upgrade?). I was just wondering if my setup was okay and if someone could see if I'm doing anything horribly wrong. I dropped my old gloves for the command of the pit
, and I had to drop vaal righteous fire for it, but I believe that is an acceptable exchange correct?

Hope you aren't using Kaom's roots for general gameplay. You should really use normal boots for that. Since we use flame dash and we use a staff, our mobility is limited compared to many builds. I would say get unnatural instinct over vitality jewel
Delving after 450+ turns nightmare with build if you solo. Everything else up to this point is faceroll, including uber elder etc. Dont get me wrong, problem is not this build but delve and its design itself. There is mandatory things you need like all 3 auras maxed, curses etc.. and there is no space for those in this build so i must quit at this point :/
Best bossing BV build so far, even tho its a bit expensive.

Make delve great (not again) but overall it needs some tuning that may be impossible due to failed base design.
is double vitality jewel good or is one vitality roll enough?
"
WildWombat wrote:

Hi I got one shot at level 262 in a vaal outpost with nasty mods (~100% extra dam as fire, ~100% extra dam as cold + others). Rare with a big sword hit me and went through 9200 health in one hit :) Catn say I have noticed others most of my deaths are me being stupid in the dark, learning bv/build etc

Not sure on reflect stuff sry

Thanks for the reply! Double damage mod sounds a bit rippy indeed. I will avoid such stuff in deep delve on HC.
Is this Build Viable without Unnatural instinct?
Last edited by ark4rk on Oct 6, 2018, 3:15:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info