[3.4] KissMeQuick's Ultra Regen Blade Vortex Tank | 10K HP | 15K+ Leech & Regen | Easy Uber Elder

"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Yeah I did check it but it doesn't have any use in this build. Every Meek just gives too much of everything in the whole middle section and we'd still have to use points on useless nodes to get the same amount of useful nodes back + lose regen / area damage + resistances + crit multi + whatever you want.

But then you will not have to allocate passive for casting speed (3 nodes), spell damage (4 nodes), crit multi (3 nodes). We save 7 passives that we can use for something else . For example new nodes in the Templar area (Light of Divinity, Holy Dominion) and grab some life nodes. If you need lost life regen (and we lose 50% of 1% = 0.5%) just grab 1 node 0.5 life regen under the Sanctity notable.
Last edited by Garfunkel on Aug 29, 2018, 2:25:03 PM
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

"
TxE4GL3k wrote:
BV is a definitely friendly skill for league starter, but i'm not sure if this build is friendly comparing to other BV builds (like elementalist for example).

I don't agree. The Impulsa non linked is already 1-2 EX league start for BV Elementalists.

Yes, the inpulsa chest becomes way more expensive atm. I'm not a very experienced player, but I started my last league by using elementalist, and I felt that I didn't even need any uniques then even with 4 or 5L BV chest could take me to yellow maps. Comparing to that, ideal gears for the build could be shaper-based or elder-based, plus those staffs, IMHO, I may not try this build as a starter build.

Don't get me wrong, Kiss, I totally adore your builds(not just this one, your build for Glad Reave and elementalist ST, all of them are great). I will definitely like to try this one later for end game boss killing, which i have never reached in the game yet. I'm just saying that it would be easier after i collect those recommended gears.
"
Garfunkel wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Yeah I did check it but it doesn't have any use in this build. Every Meek just gives too much of everything in the whole middle section and we'd still have to use points on useless nodes to get the same amount of useful nodes back + lose regen / area damage + resistances + crit multi + whatever you want.

But then you will not have to allocate passive for casting speed (3 nodes), spell damage (4 nodes), crit multi (3 nodes). We save 7 passives that we can use for something else . For example new nodes in the Templar area (Light of Divinity, Holy Dominion) and grab some life nodes

Hmmmh, actually I didn't even think about casting speed and ACTUALLY even movement speed might be good. I'll try to give it a spin once it's available on PoB. Good suggestion!

"
TxE4GL3k wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

"
TxE4GL3k wrote:
BV is a definitely friendly skill for league starter, but i'm not sure if this build is friendly comparing to other BV builds (like elementalist for example).

I don't agree. The Impulsa non linked is already 1-2 EX league start for BV Elementalists.

Yes, the inpulsa chest becomes way more expensive atm. I'm not a very experienced player, but I started my last league by using elementalist, and I felt that I didn't even need any uniques then even with 4 or 5L BV chest could take me to yellow maps. Comparing to that, ideal gears for the build could be shaper-based or elder-based, plus those staffs, IMHO, I may not try this build as a starter build.

Don't get me wrong, Kiss, I totally adore your builds(not just this one, your build for Glad Reave and elementalist ST, all of them are great). I will definitely like to try this one later for end game boss killing, which i have never reached in the game yet. I'm just saying that it would be easier after i collect those recommended gears.

I don't fully follow BV Elementalist builds because I don't like super meta builds but the rule is that the more meta something is, the more expensive it is to gear up. I bought most of my items for super cheap prices although they had very good stats and on first look seem a lot more expensive. I still believe this build with 2 sceptres is easy enough to start off a league with which I was going to do in Flashback but didn't really have a reason to play since I already rushed to level 93 and killed Uber Elder 20x not so long ago.

Not getting anything wrong and I haven't taken any offense anywhere (: No sweat!
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Cielak on Aug 29, 2018, 2:33:04 PM
I'm just reviewing the new passive skill tree and I find following worth considering:
1. Light of Divinity
2. Holy Dominion

PS: I have a question about Red Elder - how do you protect shaper with this build? I have havily failed 3 or 4 times so far...
"
Cielak wrote:
I'm just reviewing the new passive skill tree and I find following worth considering:
1. Light of Divinity
2. Holy Dominion

PS: I have a question about Red Elder - how do you protect shaper with this build? I have havily failed 3 or 4 times so far...

Yeah, I might put these to use. Waiting a little bit more for PoB to get everything updated before doing big changes.

Regarding Red Elder, I got no clue, I don't care about these mechanics or drops to bother with it : >
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Aug 29, 2018, 2:56:10 PM
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
Helsgarde wrote:

Sorry, I don't mean to be adversarial in any way, but just trying to understand the reasoning behind the choice. For bosses without the recovery portion of the trickster aren't we only getting 7.5% Effective DPS via the extra chaos damage and 15 base mana regen? The 15% chance for frenzy & power charges seems inconsistent for bossing and we don't care about being stunned because of Kaoms Roots. Whereas with Assassin we get crit, power charges, and teensy bit of poison.

In either case, I would imagine trickster would still be the better choice, especially given the type of league Delve will seem to be what with the stacking degen and all.

Did you find spell echo to still be a mandatory choice even after the reduction in BV stacks?

Planning on working on this build for Delve and those were just some of the questions I was wondering about.

But then you lose a gigantic amount of health and Might of the Meek. I tried everything, Scion is way beyond everything by far.

Spell Echo is just for your own comfort, you can swap duration and damage gems around however you want (:

I meant taking the assassin part of the ascendant instead of trickster. But thanks for taking the time to answer. Here is to a hopefully good league start.
"
Helsgarde wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
Helsgarde wrote:

Sorry, I don't mean to be adversarial in any way, but just trying to understand the reasoning behind the choice. For bosses without the recovery portion of the trickster aren't we only getting 7.5% Effective DPS via the extra chaos damage and 15 base mana regen? The 15% chance for frenzy & power charges seems inconsistent for bossing and we don't care about being stunned because of Kaoms Roots. Whereas with Assassin we get crit, power charges, and teensy bit of poison.

In either case, I would imagine trickster would still be the better choice, especially given the type of league Delve will seem to be what with the stacking degen and all.

Did you find spell echo to still be a mandatory choice even after the reduction in BV stacks?

Planning on working on this build for Delve and those were just some of the questions I was wondering about.

But then you lose a gigantic amount of health and Might of the Meek. I tried everything, Scion is way beyond everything by far.

Spell Echo is just for your own comfort, you can swap duration and damage gems around however you want (:

I meant taking the assassin part of the ascendant instead of trickster. But thanks for taking the time to answer. Here is to a hopefully good league start.

Ooh! No, still not convinced unfortunately. You may try of course and report back if it felt better (:

Happy Delving you as well!
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
....(: No sweat!

Much relieved...:)

You mentioned earlier that you may update PoB for the build, right? if so, looking forward to it.

If you dont mind, can you compare your build to chieftan BV build, please? just curious why you chose scion over chieftan. Thanks.
"
TxE4GL3k wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
....(: No sweat!

Much relieved...:)

You mentioned earlier that you may update PoB for the build, right? if so, looking forward to it.

If you dont mind, can you compare your build to chieftan BV build, please? just curious why you chose scion over chieftan. Thanks.

Yeah, I will update it soon and it seems that the suggestion of using Unnatural Instinct might actually be crazy because it will free up passive nodes and every passive that is in radius is useful. It's going to be EXTREMELY strong for Delve.

I had this build initially as Chieftain but unless using Fireball, it's not very useful or do you mean a non-Scion Chieftain?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info