[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

I played this build to lvl 93 in delve and got to say that is was awesome. Thanks for sharing.
I'm not going to play it in betrayal because it just RIPed.
dual bloodseeker kills DPS, high dps rare in off-hand kills leech.
probably the second option is better, because it seems we leech way more than we need. if the leech applies fast enough despite just every second hit applying leech instantly.. this still should be viable, but not as OP anymore

i think this build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2118420 is a better insta-leech facetank for this league. doesn't require stat-sticks, still good dmg through penetration from tree
"
d_dong wrote:
I played this build to lvl 93 in delve and got to say that is was awesome. Thanks for sharing.
probably the second option is better, because it seems we leech way more than we need. if the leech applies fast enough despite just every second hit applying leech instantly.. this still should be viable, but not as OP anymore

Seems like a build is either op or "killed"

I think the build still strong and totally viable for any content.
"
ExileHafi wrote:
"
d_dong wrote:

Seems like a build is either op or "killed"

I think the build still strong and totally viable for any content.

Yeah, some people are so extremist...
This would be a good leauge starter right? I dont really care that much for the stat stick nerf because the build is still very strong with out it.
Last edited by MrScavenger on Dec 6, 2018, 1:44:49 PM
"
Hi PsychicMuffin!

First of all I would like to say that I am in love with the idea of facetanking the balls of the Shaper;-D So I chose Your build 3 weeks ago and I have copied it the best way I could since then:-D After 3 weeks of playing I am level 60+ dual wielding noob in act 8 so please forgive me my lack of knowledge and be indulgent after reading the question I am about to ask.

"
PsychicMuffin wrote:
Yeah I strongly feel like dual bloodseeker is the way to go. Shield costs us a lot of DPS and we're already instant leech, so screw shields. Rare offhand cuts instant leech by half...so that's a no go for me. Updates in the "what's new" section of the guide, including updated PoB link. A few small changes like helm enchant and amulet, plus auras to make up the lost damage.

You recomend 2 Bloodseekers for instant leech but when I remove Bloodseeker from off-hand in PoB, the main hand Bloodseeker shows:
Life leech/On hit rate: more than 40k
after putting second bloodseeker it rises to over 80k

If our life pool is 8k than only one Bloodseeker leeches 5x more than our entire life pool. So what is the point of leeching 10x more with 2 Bloodseekers? There are claws on the market with Life on Hit with higher damage. Wouldn't it be more diversified to use one of that with damage higher than Bloodseeker; something like 200-300 physical damage + gain some % of physical dmg as elemental (extra cold) damage?

Regards!

P.S. Once again, be indulgent;-D

Hey, I see your point in here, very interesting question. I am not quite sure how leech works exactly, but I imagined there can be one issue with that, you are obviously totally correct and no matter the enemy or curse on us, we should still leech more then our life is no problem. But the fact that our leech is instant, and not limited means, that we just hit, and boom... our life is instantly full, there is no delay, and I think that might be the issue, because if our off-hand is non leech weapon, there can be like a 0,2sec window where we simply have no leech, so it would be like "get full life every 0,2 seconds, depending very heavily on our attackspeed. So maybe that is the reason to go second bloodseeker? To have no delay before we leech again? Or have the minimum delay possible between the leech instances after hit? I think that's how it works. Then maybe if you tank something big like shaper beam, that can do a lot of damage in a very short time, then you might feel that your second hit simply doesnt give you leech and your life might just go up and down periodically. You need to understand that we are no slayer, so the leech doesn't stay, once our life is full, in instant after we hit, there is no leech coming, until we hit again with instant leech weapon. So .. what do you think about that point of view?
Since impale doesn't stacks by elemental damage, maybe better pick HoP+some blasphemy curse or defensive aura and brutality gem?
Hello all, i will try this Build for this Leauge and hope to get till Endgame and maybe Kill Uber Elder for the first Time with this Guide :) also have an Question: couldnt you use Frostblades also as Attack? With some Skilltree diffrences of course, and whats about Essence Worm Ring for something Like Hatred or any other Aura that will push the DPS for the Char? Nice Build PsychicMuffin! Greetz
Last edited by TheMaster88 on Dec 6, 2018, 7:03:09 PM
Which Gem would u recommend to level quickly till maps? Frost Blades + Dual strike?

And why no more Bloodmagic?
Last edited by Astoon on Dec 6, 2018, 9:35:16 PM
Guide is halfway updated, I should be able to finish the rest tomorrow morning EST, well before league launch. I took the day off work =P.
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
I put together your updated setup on my standard character but with all 3 buffs you have so little mana, even with Enlightenment Support (3) Is this normal?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info