[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

Checked your 3.5 notes, seems good! Looking forward to read your updated build :)
"
Ah, sure thing then. Btw, last thing that poped in my mind. How would you compare bloodmagic version compared to aura version? Bloodmagic wont have the that good damage right? So is there actually anything the benefits blood magic over the Hatred+HoA thing?
I don't think the blood magic version is good anymore at all. It's just too much damage to leave on the table and we need it now. Going from 8k to 9k life is great, but not if everything takes too long to die. Also I really think Hatred+Arctic Armour is the best. Throw in HoA or HoP if you splurge on a level 4 enlighten.

"
What do you think about new notables?

Buffs for bannersare meh, but looks like, it is the first mass heal in the game :D

Impale notable is more interesting. Impale gives some extra dmg by itself, and notable also gives it. The main problem, imo: impales expire after some hits. Not after some seconds. And with 20% chance to impale we will have like 1 impale stack on average. So, if there are no passive skills for impale chance, i dont think it will be better then any of our regular notables.
Banners and Impale look great on paper, but I'm taking a wait and see approach to banners since I don't know how they'll feel. For impale it's solid, but problem is we only do half physical damage...so numerically it's decent but I'd probably still prefer permanent fortify. It's a reasonable alternative though.

"
unleashed666 wrote:
so.. dual strike now alternates as i expected.. guess the build got trashed. using 2 bloodseeker sucks :(

btw herald of purity > ash (at least in my PoB)
Nah the build is fine, we lost some life or max resistances depending on which version you were running. Check the what's new section for longer explanation and PoB link. Yeah HoA is more for speeding up clear, HoP is better single target, but Arctic Armour is very efficient defense. Pick whichever you prefer =).

"
diablomix wrote:
What do you think about Bloodseeker with a high damage, life gain on hit rare claw?
I made this build to leech through anything, so I don't want to cut instant leech in half by using non-bloodseeker in offhand. Yes life on hit is useful for some invulnerable/unleechable monsters, but I wanna facetank shaper balls damn it!

"
ExileHafi wrote:
"
Astoon wrote:
Any Gear changes after Patchlog? Still 1Bloodseeker with shaper rapier offhand?

Dual Bloodseeker, Bloodseeker + shield or Bloodseeker + high phys dps rare Claw
Yeah I strongly feel like dual bloodseeker is the way to go. Shield costs us a lot of DPS and we're already instant leech, so screw shields. Rare offhand cuts instant leech by half...so that's a no go for me. Updates in the "what's new" section of the guide, including updated PoB link. A few small changes like helm enchant and amulet, plus auras to make up the lost damage.

"
"
Yo!

Since I skipped Delve league I wanna come back now for Betrayal. Whatya think, is this build still viable for 3.5 after patch notes? In my opinion it is honestly since there are no changes in stuff listed on guide. Hope this will work as league starter, but im curious about your thoughts about it :)

lol no changes??????????????????????????????

Stat sticks got gutted.
Yep, no more stat sticks. That means we're goin' dual bloodseekers bois! Updates in the "what's new" section, including updated PoB link.
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
FYI: I have moved the "what's new" section from a spoiler to it's own clear section at the top, in hopes that more people will read it and I will have to type less "see the what's new section" responses. My hopes are probably in vain, but I still have them.
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
Will you be uppdating the leveling guide for this or is the pob the most recent that we will have to goo from. Leveling get claw damage as fast as possible and take life nodes last?
"
I don't think the blood magic version is good anymore at all. It's just too much damage to leave on the table and we need it now. Going from 8k to 9k life is great, but not if everything takes too long to die. Also I really think Hatred+Arctic Armour is the best. Throw in HoA or HoP if you splurge on a level 4 enlighten.

What is your experience with arctic armour? To me it seems like a big deal that it works only while stacionary, but I never really used it before, so I might be mistaken, I was just thinking that maybe dmg while farming currency for the endgame gear might be a bit better, but I will bet on your opinion. Just would like to know your experiences. I was just wondering if we are not gonna miss damage while getting to like lvl 70 from early lvls.
"

What is your experience with arctic armour? To me it seems like a big deal that it works only while stacionary, but I never really used it before, so I might be mistaken, I was just thinking that maybe going for dmg while farming currency for the endgame gear might be a bit better, but I will bet on your opinion. Just would like to know your experiences. I was just wondering if we are not gonna miss damage while getting to like lvl 70 from early lvls.

Edit: I have been trying to gather some information about banners, and how the numbers would look like with them. War banner seems good in thoery, it provides additional accuracy which we dont need because of worthy foe, but it also increases physical damage taken of nearby enemies. Which could be quite a nice boost of damamge with higher amount of stages on the banner, altho the BIGGEST thing with banners seems to be increased aura affect, so basically you got so 20% increased aura effect just from picking the Inspiration anscendancy, and then another non-curse aura effect increase from banners themselves, so it might be a lot of damage from Hatred+HoA and some extra defences with AA aswell? But considering that we found the way to replace the damage numbers, but lost defensive abilities, its still probably a better option to go for fortify ascendancy. ALTHO! In the perfect world if the player is good enough, it would be better to you fortify support, and keep it up with whirling blades and go for banner ascendancy, but you would have to do a really good job on spamming it to keep it up almost permanently. Any thoughts?

Also, little thought, isnt it better and cheaper, to just have enlighen lvl 3, and use uber lab enchant for mana reservation on helmet? It basically doesnt matter what what enchant you buy, all of the auras we use will save 7,5% of mana reserved, no matter if it is hatred/aa/hoa .. so you can basically just buy the cheapest of those enchants and you can get 3 aura setup running even with enlighten lvl 2 now. What about that? I am not quite sure what you meant by helmet enchantment in your comments, but in PoB there is a dual strike enchant helmet. So isnt this solution better, and provading you an earlier power spike at cheaper cost? Any thoughts?

Last edited by eSubaRainmaker on Dec 5, 2018, 9:20:35 PM
"
Nah the build is fine, we lost some life or max resistances depending on which version you were running. Check the what's new section for longer explanation and PoB link. Yeah HoA is more for speeding up clear, HoP is better single target, but Arctic Armour is very efficient defense. Pick whichever you prefer =)

yeah i may have overreacted a bit.

currently im planning to run this with dual bloodseeker and maybe a loreweave. definetly the buffed bringer of rain as first 6,5L. the blind could help greatly until i can afford the first better pieces of gear. sadly i have to leave maim out until i have a real 6L

gemsetup:
cwdt - golem - dura - bloodrage
cwdt - IC - dura - frostbomb
whirling blades - faster attacks - protector
cwdt - enfeeble - (vaal) coldsnap
hatred - HoP - enlighten 3 - impale banner (if the impale chance is okay.. otherwise maybe the 10% inc dmg banner?)
Well...I will still give it a try. I was looking for this build since Delve, let's begin some test and adjustments
Hi PsychicMuffin!

First of all I would like to say that I am in love with the idea of facetanking the balls of the Shaper;-D So I chose Your build 3 weeks ago and I have copied it the best way I could since then:-D After 3 weeks of playing I am level 60+ dual wielding noob in act 8 so please forgive me my lack of knowledge and be indulgent after reading the question I am about to ask.

"
PsychicMuffin wrote:
Yeah I strongly feel like dual bloodseeker is the way to go. Shield costs us a lot of DPS and we're already instant leech, so screw shields. Rare offhand cuts instant leech by half...so that's a no go for me. Updates in the "what's new" section of the guide, including updated PoB link. A few small changes like helm enchant and amulet, plus auras to make up the lost damage.

You recomend 2 Bloodseekers for instant leech but when I remove Bloodseeker from off-hand in PoB, the main hand Bloodseeker shows:
Life leech/On hit rate: more than 40k
after putting second bloodseeker it rises to over 80k

If our life pool is 8k than only one Bloodseeker leeches 5x more than our entire life pool. So what is the point of leeching 10x more with 2 Bloodseekers? There are claws on the market with Life on Hit with higher damage. Wouldn't it be more diversified to use one of that with damage higher than Bloodseeker; something like 200-300 physical damage + gain some % of physical dmg as elemental (extra cold) damage?

Regards!

P.S. Once again, be indulgent;-D
Thanks for answer.

Ye, I know stat-stick was nerfed to the ground, but I guess that rare high pdps/crit claws (or maybe swords with crit multi base idk) will work too, it's all about testing I guess.

I will definetly try this one this league :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info