[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

"
PsychicMuffin wrote:
If you were running blood magic version you lose blood magic which was like 1k life.

I don't understand. Why would we lose Blood Magic ?
Already started theorycrafting potential offhands. I think the second Bloodseeker is redundant. Varunastra is interesting, but too slow. Rare high phys dmg claw maybe?

edit:
"
Negi24 wrote:

We're losing 2-3 shaper ele conversion mods on our offhand. Have to make up for the loss of damage by running Hatred + HoA, if you weren't already.
Last edited by Kryntos on Dec 4, 2018, 9:26:36 PM
"
Kryntos wrote:
We're losing 2-3 shaper ele conversion mods on our offhand. Have to make up for the loss of damage by running Hatred + HoA, if you weren't already.

Alright, thank you for your response.
"
Kryntos wrote:
Already started theorycrafting potential offhands. I think the second Bloodseeker is redundant. Varunastra is interesting, but too slow. Rare high phys dmg claw maybe?

edit:
"
Negi24 wrote:

The offhand bloodseeker is necessary otherwise every other attack is not instant leech. You could arguably get by with half instant leech, and get more damage from a good offhand, but this build was made to facetank the world, I'm not cuttin the leech in half personally =P.

Also I personally think arctic armour is much better bang for your buck than HoA since we have the bleedsplosions. If you're bleeding a different way in order to run tombfist or something, then yeah go with HoA instead.
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
Alright boys, so, what is the status now? The Blood magic version is now dead? Sounds like with that version we simply do not have the damage, and yet we are worse defensively at the same time with it? Or how is it really right now? Another thing, we aren't really forced to use another Bloodseeker, right? We will have instant leech with all attacks, even if they came from other weapon right? The wiki says it instaleeches for both hands, so our off-hand can be whatever offers us the highest dps, am I correct? Another thing, since we are going to miss some life and damage, we need whatever makes us stronger both offensively and defensively, so Inspirational ascendancy would now grant us the War banner for free, seems really good, no? But in the original guide, we are not picking this ascendancy, so is it worth considiration now? Also, with all the late-game stuff we are now focused on, I totally forgot about lvling/league start process, is lvling process still the same for us? Frost blades as always? So, overall .. this build will still be good, not as good as before, but pretty close to it, but it comes at much more expensive price tag, right? Meaning it will cost a lot more currency, to make it work like it used to. Btw, in the purity version, we are removing purities for dps auras aswell, right? Or why are we losing +max resists again? Sorry there is so much questions, I just wanna know where we are, thank you guys for the helping me on this.
"
PsychicMuffin wrote:

The offhand bloodseeker is necessary otherwise every other attack is not instant leech. You could arguably get by with half instant leech, and get more damage from a good offhand, but this build was made to facetank the world, I'm not cuttin the leech in half personally =P.

From Poe Wiki:
When a Bloodseeker is equipped in the main hand and using skills that attacks with both hands, such as Dual Strike, the leech will be instant for both weapons.

Do you think this will apply to our Double Strike now? My previous comment assumed it would. If that is not the case then I definitely agree with you on 2 Bloodseekers. Waiting on the PoB update now to mess around with rare phys claws to see where our dps and leech are at.
Last edited by Kryntos on Dec 4, 2018, 10:47:11 PM
"
Kryntos wrote:
"
PsychicMuffin wrote:

From Poe Wiki:
When a Bloodseeker is equipped in the main hand and using skills that attacks with both hands, such as Dual Strike, the leech will be instant for both weapons.

Do you think this will apply to our Double Strike now? My previous comment assumed it would. If that is not the case then I definitely agree with you on 2 Bloodseekers. Waiting on the PoB update now to mess around with rare phys claws to see where our dps and leech are at.
Ohhh, what it means is skills that attack with both hands at the same time, like cleave and dual strike. The idea it's trying to get across is that if any bloodseeker is part of any attack, all leech will be instant. Unfortunately attacks that alternate weapons means the offhand attack does not include the main hand at all. I am 100% sure this is how it will work, so I'm sticking with dual bloodseekers, although a shield is an interesting alternative, I don't think it's necessary when we have instant leech.

"
Alright boys, so, what is the status now? The Blood magic version is now dead? Sounds like with that version we simply do not have the damage, and yet we are worse defensively at the same time with it? Or how is it really right now? Another thing, we aren't really forced to use another Bloodseeker, right? We will have instant leech with all attacks, even if they came from other weapon right? The wiki says it instaleeches for both hands, so our off-hand can be whatever offers us the highest dps, am I correct? Another thing, since we are going to miss some life and damage, we need whatever makes us stronger both offensively and defensively, so Inspirational ascendancy would now grant us the War banner for free, seems really good, no? But in the original guide, we are not picking this ascendancy, so is it worth considiration now? Also, with all the late-game stuff we are now focused on, I totally forgot about lvling/league start process, is lvling process still the same for us? Frost blades as always? So, overall .. this build will still be good, not as good as before, but pretty close to it, but it comes at much more expensive price tag, right? Meaning it will cost a lot more currency, to make it work like it used to. Btw, in the purity version, we are removing purities for dps auras aswell, right? Or why are we losing +max resists again? Sorry there is so much questions, I just wanna know where we are, thank you guys for the helping me on this.
I had a post on the last page, but I updated the "what's new" section with my summary and the new PoB link. If you were running blood magic you lose blood magic life, if you were running purities you lose the purities, and a few pieces of gear are a bit more expensive but nothing too crazy. We will need to dual wield bloodseekers, as we'll be alternating weapons, not hitting with both weapons at the same time like dual strike or cleave.

I'm taking a wait and see approach to banners. They look pretty good, and I only took fortify because the other nodes were either bad or annoying to use, so it's a very real possibility. It would be hard for me to recommend them without playing with them though, so I'll have to play around in standard first. If people try it though I'd love to hear your experience! As for leveling, I actually think frost blades is even better than before now. One of the downsides it had was that you can't south paw with it vs a skill like reave or lacerate, but now NO skills can south paw so they've all been nerfed and frost blades was not =P. The extra currency isn't too bad, and your damage will only be slightly below the old version with the same budget, then become slightly higher with better enchant and amulet. Significantly better if you can splurge on enlighten and/or good watcher's eye. Basically, we're all good. Still gonna wreck the game!
Now that stat sticks are non-existent, what do you recommend to use in your off hand?

Edit* nvm I see that you run dual Bloodseeker now.
Last edited by Lil_J on Dec 4, 2018, 11:36:36 PM
I had a post on the last page, but I updated the "what's new" section with my summary and the new PoB link. If you were running blood magic you lose blood magic life, if you were running purities you lose the purities, and a few pieces of gear are a bit more expensive but nothing too crazy. We will need to dual wield bloodseekers, as we'll be alternating weapons, not hitting with both weapons at the same time like dual strike or cleave.

I'm taking a wait and see approach to banners. They look pretty good, and I only took fortify because the other nodes were either bad or annoying to use, so it's a very real possibility. It would be hard for me to recommend them without playing with them though, so I'll have to play around in standard first. If people try it though I'd love to hear your experience! As for leveling, I actually think frost blades is even better than before now. One of the downsides it had was that you can't south paw with it vs a skill like reave or lacerate, but now NO skills can south paw so they've all been nerfed and frost blades was not =P. The extra currency isn't too bad, and your damage will only be slightly below the old version with the same budget, then become slightly higher with better enchant and amulet. Significantly better if you can splurge on enlighten and/or good watcher's eye. Basically, we're all good. Still gonna wreck the game![/quote]

Thanks for your opinion man. Would you mind if I add you in game when the league start, so we can compare banner experiences and stuff during gameplay? :)
"
Thanks for your opinion man. Would you mind if I add you in game when the league start, so we can compare banner experiences and stuff during gameplay? :)
Sure, but I'll be playing a different build, as I rarely play the same build twice, and never twice in a row =P. I'll take people's opinions and then mess around with it in standard at some point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info