[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

Hi,

Thank you for the build. My bad I did not take it as a starter, but I had a fun time with it. First time ever I reached Shaper :) and even with my imbalanced gear, I was able to tank him. Though, due to my shitty internet, I am lagging too often\hard in the last phase and dying when shaper has like 20% left. But I facetanked his slams\beam and this feeling is sooooo good :) So, for my self, I confirmed that build is a good choice for the next league too.

UberLab is doable as ArcaneMagician stated with a good portion of attention to traps :)

So, I played with my char a bit in PathOfBuilding and added missing items like enchantment to helm, lion's roar, taste of hate and even with all that I can barely scrath 1M dps. What so critical I am missing? Why average damage is half of the original build? My link: https://pastebin.com/vWxVdVzv

Thank you in advance.
thanks man. was very good advice. i'm now crushing them packs with one hit as it should be.
got my hands on a loreweave and a vulnerability impresence in addition.
performs really well with the free aura, i can recommend giving it a try.
Stat stick nerf confirmed. What about now?
"
jackpotcs wrote:

Damage and leech cut almost in half. Still viable, but not a god tier anymore.
"
garewin wrote:
"
jackpotcs wrote:

Damage and leech cut almost in half. Still viable, but not a god tier anymore.
Yeah stat sticks are GONE. We'll need to dual wield bloodseekers now, or use a shield. It's ok, I was prepared for this possibility and am working on some updates. We're gonna lose a bit of damage, a bit of life/defenses, and the build won't be quite as cheap. It'll still be good, great even, but Garewin is probably right that it won't be god tier anymore, especially with molten strike still around which has its own form of instant leech and didn't use stat sticks.

Honestly though, if they leave stat sticks working for spells with no nerfs, NO melee skills will be god tier, so hopefully we see more changes in tomorrow's patch notes.
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
Ok, I'm going to amend my previous statement to say that the build is honestly fine. Not quite as good as it used to be, but if you thought it was god tier before...it probably still qualifies. Since I had mostly switched over to using the purities version instead of the blood magic version anyway, I only ended up losing a few hundred life, the max res from dual purities, and a few items are more expensive, like helm enchant and amulet with phys added as cold.

I'm just running hatred and arctic armour (you can enlighten to add another 25% aura if you want), and no watcher's eye since it's like 10% more damage but you need dual hatred rolls so it's like 100ex. I just duplicated my bloodseeker so I have the same one on each hand, but switched my helm enchant for double damage, since we need the damage a bit more now. I also upgraded my amulet in PoB to one with slightly less life but a phys added as cold roll. With all those changes I have about the same damage as the purities version, 400 less life, and 4% less max light/cold res.

I'm not gonna say we're unscathed, but honestly still about as broken as it was before. Feel free to check my work from the PoB link based mostly on gear from my actual character: https://pastebin.com/5M0YsNw3
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
I've been looking forward to using this build for betrayal, considering your adjustments and the increased price, do you think this would still be a suitable league starter?
In 3.5.0 we are removing the ability to use stat sticks, through the following changes:
You will no longer be able to use skills that require a specific weapon equipped if you are dual-wielding and one of your equipped weapons is unsuitable for that skill.
Skills that could be used with two weapons, but were main-hand-only when used, now use both weapons when dual wielding.

soo.. double strike is shit now?
I must be missing something here..

"
You will no longer be able to use skills that require a specific weapon equipped if you are dual-wielding and one of your equipped weapons is unsuitable for that skill.

Double Strike just uses a melee weapon - not a specific type of melee weapon.
By my understanding of the above; the stat-stick you used in your initial build (a 1-handed sword - a melee weapon), isn't affected by that.

"
Skills that could be used with two weapons, but were main-hand-only when used, now use both weapons when dual wielding.

Double Strike only uses the main-hand weapon. It was never able to be used with two weapons (read: wasn't able to attack with both), so this shouldn't cover that either. Unless I'm reading that incorrectly and by "used with two weapons", they just mean with two equipped..

I feel I'm kinda understanding the first one - but a bit iffy on the next one (think I'm reading it a bit wrong, maybe?).
Last edited by Tagger on Dec 4, 2018, 12:49:37 AM
I thought, the change will affect only builds like Blade flurry (rapier in main, axe with ele conversion in offhand, for example).

Our offhand adds global extra elemental damage as % of phys. So i dont see whats the problem here.
To argue with a fool means to sink to his level.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info