[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

What you can do additional -

The new totem support is very interesting - it's effective a 100% more totem damage gem. -30% damage per totem, but * 3 for the 2 extra.

So Warchief in a 4 link, or a pseudo 5 link in rare gloves / essence crafted helmet / devouring loop ring can add serious additional dps.
So which weapon are people going to be using in their offhand now?
Sounds like it's going to be a big dps loss not having all this elemental damage
Last edited by kompaniet on Dec 7, 2018, 4:18:45 AM
"
"
Hi PsychicMuffin!

First of all I would like to say that I am in love with the idea of facetanking the balls of the Shaper;-D So I chose Your build 3 weeks ago and I have copied it the best way I could since then:-D After 3 weeks of playing I am level 60+ dual wielding noob in act 8 so please forgive me my lack of knowledge and be indulgent after reading the question I am about to ask.

"
PsychicMuffin wrote:
Yeah I strongly feel like dual bloodseeker is the way to go. Shield costs us a lot of DPS and we're already instant leech, so screw shields. Rare offhand cuts instant leech by half...so that's a no go for me. Updates in the "what's new" section of the guide, including updated PoB link. A few small changes like helm enchant and amulet, plus auras to make up the lost damage.

You recomend 2 Bloodseekers for instant leech but when I remove Bloodseeker from off-hand in PoB, the main hand Bloodseeker shows:
Life leech/On hit rate: more than 40k
after putting second bloodseeker it rises to over 80k

If our life pool is 8k than only one Bloodseeker leeches 5x more than our entire life pool. So what is the point of leeching 10x more with 2 Bloodseekers? There are claws on the market with Life on Hit with higher damage. Wouldn't it be more diversified to use one of that with damage higher than Bloodseeker; something like 200-300 physical damage + gain some % of physical dmg as elemental (extra cold) damage?

Regards!

P.S. Once again, be indulgent;-D

Hey, I see your point in here, very interesting question. I am not quite sure how leech works exactly, but I imagined there can be one issue with that, you are obviously totally correct and no matter the enemy or curse on us, we should still leech more then our life is no problem. But the fact that our leech is instant, and not limited means, that we just hit, and boom... our life is instantly full, there is no delay, and I think that might be the issue, because if our off-hand is non leech weapon, there can be like a 0,2sec window where we simply have no leech, so it would be like "get full life every 0,2 seconds, depending very heavily on our attackspeed. So maybe that is the reason to go second bloodseeker? To have no delay before we leech again? Or have the minimum delay possible between the leech instances after hit? I think that's how it works. Then maybe if you tank something big like shaper beam, that can do a lot of damage in a very short time, then you might feel that your second hit simply doesnt give you leech and your life might just go up and down periodically. You need to understand that we are no slayer, so the leech doesn't stay, once our life is full, in instant after we hit, there is no leech coming, until we hit again with instant leech weapon. So .. what do you think about that point of view?

Thank You Sir, thank You very much indeed, for seeing my point of view and for sharing your own with me. I think this is really the cornerstone of double Bloodseeker methodology. During micropauses between hitting with Bloodseeker and other weapon we would simply die standing in the shaper's beam before we could manage to leech again. Although I have never been there (any Tier map), I can imagine; the conditions there are very hard to survive in. It's clear as crystal lake for me now that there is no other way, all my second thoughts dispelled;-D

Once again, thank You very much;-D
Since impale doesn't stacks by elemental damage, maybe better pick HoP+some blasphemy curse or defensive aura and brutality gem? And how to generate power charges?
power charges via corruption. personally im going for impale banner + HoP + hatred (+enlighten 3-4)
in case impale banner sucks im testing the increased dmg taken banner
"
unleashed666 wrote:
power charges via corruption. personally im going for impale banner + HoP + hatred (+enlighten 3-4)
in case impale banner sucks im testing the increased dmg taken banner

From reddit:

So these are two questions.

For Impale skills it's hard to say. On non champion I'd bet that elemental conversion is superior even on impale skills. My suspicion is that even on champion conversion pulls ahead with enough investment.

As for double strike I can guarantee that on both champion and non champion conversion is better. The reason is that the master of steel node goes up in value the higher the Base chance of the skill is. So for any skill without an implicit chance impale pure phys has no chance of competing with the additional scaling from conversion.
well.. inc dmg banner it will be. it also gives adrenaline.. good to get a snapshot for VDS minions
guess im gonna try this one out :D

but thers one thing i dont understand, does the damage on full life support gem work since we dont have slayer overleech and thus with bloodrage on constantly degen?
Last edited by Napster4 on Dec 7, 2018, 12:50:10 PM
Ok guys, guide is 100% FULLY UPDATED! HURRAY! It's missing a few gem images since I can't log in to unsocket them so I can forum link them. You'll just have to deal with the text for now =P. Let me know if you notice any inconsistencies or missing info as I did it pretty fast, but I won't be available for a bit so be patient!
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
"
unleashed666 wrote:
well.. inc dmg banner it will be. it also gives adrenaline.. good to get a snapshot for VDS minions
VDS minions don't snapshot, as they aren't actually "minions" (so they don't get minion damage, etc). They're more like totems, so they use your currently active everything and update as your stats update. The graphical effects DO snapshot however, like auras and buff visuals, so it can be confusing. I don't have time to find a link to source, but this was confirmed by GGG at one point.

"
Napster4 wrote:
guess im gonna try this one out :D

but thers one thing i dont understand, does the damage on full life support gem work since we dont have slayer overleech and thus with bloodrage on constantly degen?
We have enough regen to out-regen the blood rage degen, so as long as we aren't in a less recovery or no regen map we're good. This interaction used to not work but was fixed a few patches ago so you count as full life as long as you have more regen than degen, however there is still a graphical bug where you may not LOOK like you're at full life, but GGG has confirmed that this is a graphical glitch only, full life effects work fine. Again sadly no time for source link!
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info