[On Hold] Elemental Hit Ascendant [All Content]

I wonder what is a real dps of the build because pob shows dps which is not accurate i guess?
Spoiler

What do you think guys about changing these 14 points into something like this:

Spoiler

It seems to be overall positive exchange, according to this comparision:

Spoiler

We lose some life and defense but on the other side, there is the outstadning gain in our DPS and also very useful resistances gain.
Guys what bows are best for leveling from lvl 1 to maps? Quill Rain is the way to go or maybe better some rares/other uniques?
"
Asag wrote:
Guys what bows are best for leveling from lvl 1 to maps? Quill Rain is the way to go or maybe better some rares/other uniques?

you can use any bow tbh, ele hit relies alot more on supports + gem level. anything with elemental dmg, attack speed or other QoL will work

quill rain is probably the smoothest, but storm cloud also works
Last edited by frawrst on Sep 30, 2018, 10:27:30 PM
I'm intrigued by this build but new to the end game (Maps above T12, bosses beyond normal Atziri or Uber Lab.) Is it very forgiving? I'd like to do T16 maps, try Shaper, and explore deeper delves but I kind of suck so I don't want to invest in a build that I can't pilot effectively.

I have around 8-10 EX to invest, would that get me to T16 maps? Thanks!
"
JonathanPDX wrote:
I'm intrigued by this build but new to the end game (Maps above T12, bosses beyond normal Atziri or Uber Lab.) Is it very forgiving? I'd like to do T16 maps, try Shaper, and explore deeper delves but I kind of suck so I don't want to invest in a build that I can't pilot effectively.

i may be speaking from myself, but i feel this build is extremely forgiving mechanics wise

it uses alot of notables which have clear uses, making it easy to understand mechanically

this league was my first uber elder kill (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUUd9-JHrBQ) and as you can tell im very bad at this game mechnicallay. i played rf before but this build has so much dmg + overleech + defensive dodges + huge hp pool that its very forgiving

i can do shaper deathless now too!
Hello. I tried to reach dps like on your first video (96.6k dps with chin sol), but i dont know what am i doing wrong. Can u look at my build and tell about my problems? =)
"
Hello. I tried to reach dps like on your first video (96.6k dps with chin sol), but i dont know what am i doing wrong. Can u look at my build and tell about my problems? =)

Something I noticed when I was playing EH (I used to play this build in last league as well as in Flashback league. I did both Ascendant and Deadeye versions) that EH relies heavily on support gems and its level. Your EH is lvl 18 btw. Once you get your EH level 21/20, then you can compare your dps with someone else's.
"
frawrst wrote:
i may be speaking from myself, but i feel this build is extremely forgiving mechanics wise

it uses alot of notables which have clear uses, making it easy to understand mechanically

this league was my first uber elder kill (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUUd9-JHrBQ) and as you can tell im very bad at this game mechnicallay. i played rf before but this build has so much dmg + overleech + defensive dodges + huge hp pool that its very forgiving

i can do shaper deathless now too!

Thank you for the info, that is very encouraging! Did you go Slayer/Elementalist just to run all maps, or would Raider be better for all that speed?

Also, I have a Frostferno in my stash, if I use that can I get by with just one bow instead of needing both a 6L Chin Sol and 6L Quill Rain, or is the bow switch important even if I run the single-target links in the helm?
Some great discussion going on in this thread. Glad to hear the success stories and people trying out this build. As far as personal upgrades I won't get too much into those as I feel the In-Depth gearing section is pretty comprehensive on gearing options.

I have currently taken this build to delve level 750+ and will continue to keep pushing!

I've added a gear snapshot showing what I'm using for delves. I have a double ichimonji setup which I'll mention in the full written guide coming up.

"
we can kill uber-elder (patch 3.4) ?? -30% dps really bad :с
Yes I have done many deathless Uber Elders with this build. It's closer to -40% DPS actually and it's still very strong.

"
* What would be a good time to go for blood magic?

* What do you think about going slayer + elementalist for that reflect immunity?
I picked it up rather early when leveling but I was leveling with twink gear. I also used Slayer + Elementalist for the start of the league in order to do my atlas strategy and think it's a great choice. Also got to delve level 600 easily with this build and could have probably kept going.

"
If i happened to get a +3 bow, wouldn't a lvl 4 (5 in bow) Empower be a stronger gem than fire penetration?

EDIT: Was messing around with PoB and it seems that if you get a +3 bow getting a lvl 4 Empower over Fire pen is a dps boost. Just a heads up.
Please feel free to experiment with the Gem setup as you see fit. The guide is a guideline.

"
Well i did all content with this build 2 kills on Uberelder my first two :D
Congrats!

"
hey bro, nice guia, i go start follow but, i have one question, ascendancy:
Slayer + Elementalist
Slayer + Deadeye
Slayer + Pathfinder
Slayer + Raider

I saw in your tree with raider, in the pastebin with elementalist, I am in doubt;

Pleaaaaase <3
There are options and you can choose. It's preference.

"
Hi guys!

What do you think about using Essence Worm with Hastee or Grace? But more Haste, I think. Seems pretty useful - mov speed and moreover, att speed. It also helps with placing placing decoy totem and flame dashing.
A solid option especially since CotB is worse.

"
Hello, im currently playing your build and it has been great so far, but i have some doubts, like for example... how's Soul of Arkaali (50%...) and Blood Rage supposed to work. And i was thinking on using The Signal Fire for full conversion with Avatar of Fire, will that boost my damage?? Also...if Avatar of Fire only deals Fire damage...whats hapenns to the other 50% that is not converted, is it lost???

PS: Im on Standard, not delve.
Soul just gives you leech rate. Signal Fire will convert the other 50% of your physical damage to fire but there is not that much base physical damage to begin with. If it is not converted it is "lost".

"
Hello

I started a new char to try this build out.
I'm a bit confused about how the guide says that elemental hit as a skill can't be used without the combat jewels, but in the leveling section, elemental hit is suggested (2nd tree) to be used, but unless I'm missing something, we don't have the right jewel nodes to put the Combat focus jewels in until very late (lot of skill points needed to go to the left and right in the tree).

Can someone explain this contradiction? Is elemental hit also working without the combat jewels while leveling? Or am I just being stupid? :)
You can use it prior to getting the jewels but by level 12 you can pick up two jewel sockets fairly early as an scion. Another option is to use just one combat focus and elemental equilibrium.

"
Guys I have 1 question about bows. Chin sol is for bosskilling and Quill rain is for fast mapping. But what about rare bows with +3 to bow skills? Its better fo clearing than Quill?
Should this be the main goal for bossing if trying min max? Or Chin sol is still more damage than some rare with +3 to gems?
+3 bows are great for the build. I mention this in the In-Depth gearing section.

"
What do you think guys about changing these 14 points into something like this:
Please feel free to experiment with the points of this build and make it your own. The guide is simply a guideline!

"
Quill Rain is great and is what I used the whole way.
"

You could kill uber elder with 10ex in gear easily.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info