Kay's Summoner Memorial Page | New Guide is linked inside!

"
wmbirdsall wrote:

Nice! I'm about the same place as you with the conversion from starter to Crabby Pure Spectres. I'm very happy I went with the Crabby version. Even at the expense of a bit of mapping speed, am much happier knowing I have much greater bossing efficiency than with the SO version.

I did Save a boatload of currency picking up a cheap unlinked +1 Spectre chest. I upped the quality to 28 via Syndicate bench, but I was shocked to 6-link it in only around 120 fusings. It was actually harder for me to get the 3-B 3-R colors correct. I used around 400 chromas on my strength based chest piece and realized too late that I shouldn't have tried to bench craft into it which wasted a lot. I saved enough to pick up the large cluster jewel for 1.9 exaults just a few minutes ago and am pretty stoked.

I also finally got around to running uber lab and getting that last ascension done. As a bonus, My Grip of the Council gloves picked up Commandment of the Grave as my enchant from the Divine Font.

Beyond that, am I the only person to have had no clue how Animated Guardian actually worked? Here I am, running around maps spamming Animate Guardian and thinking it was doing something. I kept questing why Kay didn't even have it on her hotbar. I finally look it up and could have kicked myself for how long I've been running around with it not actually correctly raised. Path of Exile, the only game I know that you can put in 983 hours and still be a complete noob like me.

I tried the crabbies, but I hate the visual effects making it impossible to see anything. I will try them out again before I get a new 6-link +1 Spectre chest. Congrats on the self-linking! I did that in my first league, and don't feel like doing it again -- I felt the stress each time I bought another batch of fusings, all to have them run out before succeeding - RNG and me :( Maybe I will try again though, but there's no rush. When I got my +1 spectre for the minion army and auto-frost scout, I was not impressed. I did not notice the big DPS jump I had hoped for. Percentage-wise, the DPS improvement is larger from 3 to 4 than 4 to 5.

Yes, indeed, such a complex game. I spent most of my ~1000 hours in Legion, getting Headhunter for the first time, which is when I started to figure out how to prioritize speed-speed-speed is the key to farming currency.

Then I took a long break until now, but since I never tried a Summoner build before, yet again, I feel like such a n00b as well - especially with the Atlas changes, and all the league mechinics I had skipped .. :)
"
First time playing poe really.

So my questions might be dumb. Your guide is awesome and well layed out. Im wondering what direction to go in now. I know the build is going for the spectres and ice. Im trying to go that route but having more fun with fire and spectres(didnt know if it mattered that much).I got a little over 250c Any tips on gear. (working on buying all my awakened and quality gems atm.)(also dont know how to link gear on forum)

Which of the build variants are you trying to follow? Because if you are following the minion army build you have some really weird gem setups. Awakened gems are endgame so dont worry about that. Quality on gems on the other hand is really important, the guide shows you all the gems that need quality but the ones linked to your spectre are likely the most important ones. You can get 20 quality to your gems if you sell them at lvl 20(not corrupted!) with a gemcutters prism, this will make them level 1 with 20 quality. Or just buy them higher level with quality from players (the more expensive method).

You should buy some cheap 6 link with life on it when you can or even just go with tabula. Also you should really invest in your flasks, they are super important in poe. You got some wrong ones like Sulphur flask, it does nothing to us because minions deal all the damage.

I won't go any further because I don't know if you are trying to follow minion army build or not.
Last edited by Buggez on May 10, 2021, 7:01:22 PM
Spent most of my wealth today upgraded to pure spectre gear!

What is the use of Armageddon brand?

"
rkelvin wrote:

To proc Elemental Equilibrium which you have not taken in your skill tree, and to proc the curse ring. The brand can also be level 1 since you don't deal any meaningful damage yourself.
Last edited by Buggez on May 11, 2021, 5:51:49 AM
"
Buggez wrote:
"
rkelvin wrote:

To proc Elemental Equilibrium which you have not taken in your skill tree, and to proc the curse ring. The brand can also be level 1 since you don't deal any meaningful damage yourself.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Since I started with army build which the passive tree is very different. Will note the Equilibrium later :)

Will there be a huge difference if I play this build without cluste?
"
rkelvin wrote:
"
Buggez wrote:
"
rkelvin wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply!

Since I started with army build which the passive tree is very different. Will note the Equilibrium later :)

I honestly couldn't tell you. When I switched to pure spectre I already had single cluster setup. But someone else has said that they did more than fine without clusters.
"
rkelvin wrote:

White and yellow tier is no problem. But you will notice lack of DPS in red tier and endgame.

In Deli league, GGG buffed monsters HP when they added cluster jewels. For example Shaper 25M HP -> 100M HP.

It's a problem for all builds actually. That's why build diversity is kinda bad nowadays :(
🔰🌀✨ Video guides on youtube! https://www.youtube.com/KayGaming ✨🌀🔰
🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
"
most of my deaths come from ultimatums or random one shots from sirus possessed mobs in maps. this build isnt the tankiest but the dps ceiling is so incredibly high its insane

Yeah, I think people make a mistake about necro. She has the easiest way to get max block because of mistress + bone offering, but actually she is not tanky. Her ascendacy is mostly increased DPS. Guardian is better for tanky summoner, but it's less DPS.

I also prefer to play more glass cannon style, so normally I don't use bone offering and no shield. Nowadays I play CC HoP because of DPS scaling, but it's very squishy :P

I showed early league build in stream: https://youtu.be/ICGILalUxV0

Fully geared is like this: https://youtu.be/XIBTq5KL1ZY
🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
"
fateless412 wrote:
Hey Kay,

Love the builds, I think it's awesome that you took the time to try different minions and setups most people never would. I've been mostly playing minions builds for a few leagues now and I have a few issues/questions.

1. Of all these builds (I know you rank them with stars) but in your personal opinion which one do you find the most enjoyable to play? And which one do you think is the most well rounded as far as A8 maps, conqs, sirus, guardians etc.

2. Once I hit a certain point with minions (particularly spectres), I hit a very hard wall where it seems hard to scale the DPS without taking some serious hits to defense. I'm no HC player, but I definitely think GGG's new mechanics are trying to steer people towards more tanky builds. What would you say are the biggest pieces of gear to upgrade? In my experience the only way past these "walls" is to craft/buy a multimod endgame wand, or 6L helmet. Where else do you think there is room for large DPS scaling?

Someone from GGG said they want to kill players, so that's why they love super rippy mechanics. Legion league was the worst I think. Offscreen oneshot from Maraketh. I even saw spectres with 150k hp instantly die against the Vaal monsters.

You are right about minion damage limit. They are good for low/mid budget but they don't scale for high budget because DPS is limited by gem level.

I think there are 4 options:
1. aura stacking (expensive)
2. 3 or 4 cluster set (squishy)
3. 6 link, 7 link, 8 link helmet (expensive)
4. change minion (???)

I'm doing option 4 now. I play CC HoP because it has the most damage scaling of all minions. The base damage for level 20 HoP is the same as level 29 carrion golem or level 31 crabbie.

ps:
8L helmet

Hi Kay,
Will you post an update to the spectres/spiders? Ive noticed with 8 second cooldown, offering/blade vortex arent up all the time.
Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info