Kay's Summoner Memorial Page | New Guide is linked inside!

"
First time playing poe really.

So my questions might be dumb. Your guide is awesome and well layed out. Im wondering what direction to go in now. I know the build is going for the spectres and ice. Im trying to go that route but having more fun with fire and spectres(didnt know if it mattered that much).I got a little over 250c Any tips on gear. (working on buying all my awakened and quality gems atm.)(also dont know how to link gear on forum)

You should make your characters public so people can see your gear/skill tree and other stuff. Click your account name and go to privacy settings to change it.
Hello,
Could someone please help make some suggestions to my build and gears?
(sorry for being noob - not sure how to paste the link to my character - Ritualwitchzz - and gears here though).

Keep dying at Sirius (never ever got past him before...) and a few other main bosses. (Watched youtubes on how to manage Sirius like N-th times but still die like flies.)

My main attack is cold convert S.O. + skellies as support.
"
redrios wrote:
"
Kassakos wrote:
Would it be worth it switching Convoking Wand to Midnight Bargain for that juicy +1 Spectre?

Thank you for your guides :)

I've been doing this for 2 years or more, picking guardian for tha extra ES survival and spectre defenses

hows your DPS? your build looks very interesting
Hey Kay,

Love the builds, I think it's awesome that you took the time to try different minions and setups most people never would. I've been mostly playing minions builds for a few leagues now and I have a few issues/questions.

1. Of all these builds (I know you rank them with stars) but in your personal opinion which one do you find the most enjoyable to play? And which one do you think is the most well rounded as far as A8 maps, conqs, sirus, guardians etc.

2. Once I hit a certain point with minions (particularly spectres), I hit a very hard wall where it seems hard to scale the DPS without taking some serious hits to defense. I'm no HC player, but I definitely think GGG's new mechanics are trying to steer people towards more tanky builds. What would you say are the biggest pieces of gear to upgrade? In my experience the only way past these "walls" is to craft/buy a multimod endgame wand, or 6L helmet. Where else do you think there is room for large DPS scaling?
Well, I finally switched over to Pure Spectre - SO (Crabby in Bank). I am still leveling the new support gems like dash, but this is so much more fun than Minion Army. Map clearing is much much faster. And no more annoying skill switching for one target DPS.

Here is my POB in case anyone is interested: https://pastebin.com/4heVYSAi

I am still only doing T10-T11 getting used to the new skills.
Many areas are left to improve. I need to re-purchase +1 to "Raise Spectre" boots, which I sold to finance the the +1 Int Gem amulet some time back.

I need to sell my old +1 Spectre chest to afford a new one for the different colors. I don't want to ruin the nice white socket which worked great for skill switching GMP and Controlled Destruction. I also need the expensive 8 passive / three skill large cluster jewel. I doubt I will try to get to level 100, so one cluster jewel set will have to do. My AG is very cheap until I figure how durable it is.

Last edited by Valolrak on May 10, 2021, 4:07:30 PM
Whoops, all my settings should be on now. down to 50c, so probably cant upgrade for awhile.
"
fateless412 wrote:
Hey Kay,

Love the builds, I think it's awesome that you took the time to try different minions and setups most people never would. I've been mostly playing minions builds for a few leagues now and I have a few issues/questions.

1. Of all these builds (I know you rank them with stars) but in your personal opinion which one do you find the most enjoyable to play? And which one do you think is the most well rounded as far as A8 maps, conqs, sirus, guardians etc.

2. Once I hit a certain point with minions (particularly spectres), I hit a very hard wall where it seems hard to scale the DPS without taking some serious hits to defense. I'm no HC player, but I definitely think GGG's new mechanics are trying to steer people towards more tanky builds. What would you say are the biggest pieces of gear to upgrade? In my experience the only way past these "walls" is to craft/buy a multimod endgame wand, or 6L helmet. Where else do you think there is room for large DPS scaling?

based on your gear, you are still missing a +1 spectre chest which is a huge dps increase and youre missing the 6l helm which is the most expensive piece but by far the biggest dps upgrade. i'd also get the 'minions deal increased damage if youve used a minion skill recently' mod on all your ghastly jewels.

i tried the max block/life on block variant and it was nice but since i switched to the pure dps version i found im actually dying a lot less. i can do a9 sirus/guardians/uber elder/maven all deathless and they usually die or phase within seconds. most of my deaths come from ultimatums or random one shots from sirus possessed mobs in maps. this build isnt the tankiest but the dps ceiling is so incredibly high its insane
"
Valolrak wrote:
Well, I finally switched over to Pure Spectre - SO (Crabby in Bank). I am still leveling the new support gems like dash, but this is so much more fun than Minion Army. Map clearing is much much faster. And no more annoying skill switching for one target DPS.

Here is my POB in case anyone is interested: https://pastebin.com/4heVYSAi

I am still only doing T10-T11 getting used to the new skills.
Many areas are left to improve. I need to re-purchase +1 to "Raise Spectre" boots, which I sold to finance the the +1 Int Gem amulet some time back.

I need to sell my old +1 Spectre chest to afford a new one for the different colors. I don't want to ruin the nice white socket which worked great for skill switching GMP and Controlled Destruction. I also need the expensive 8 passive / three skill large cluster jewel. I doubt I will try to get to level 100, so one cluster jewel set will have to do. My AG is very cheap until I figure how durable it is.

Nice! I'm about the same place as you with the conversion from starter to Crabby Pure Spectres. I'm very happy I went with the Crabby version. Even at the expense of a bit of mapping speed, am much happier knowing I have much greater bossing efficiency than with the SO version.

I did Save a boatload of currency picking up a cheap unlinked +1 Spectre chest. I upped the quality to 28 via Syndicate bench, but I was shocked to 6-link it in only around 120 fusings. It was actually harder for me to get the 3-B 3-R colors correct. I used around 400 chromas on my strength based chest piece and realized too late that I shouldn't have tried to bench craft into it which wasted a lot. I saved enough to pick up the large cluster jewel for 1.9 exaults just a few minutes ago and am pretty stoked.

I also finally got around to running uber lab and getting that last ascension done. As a bonus, My Grip of the Council gloves picked up Commandment of the Grave as my enchant from the Divine Font.

Beyond that, am I the only person to have had no clue how Animated Guardian actually worked? Here I am, running around maps spamming Animate Guardian and thinking it was doing something. I kept questing why Kay didn't even have it on her hotbar. I finally look it up and could have kicked myself for how long I've been running around with it not actually correctly raised. Path of Exile, the only game I know that you can put in 983 hours and still be a complete noob like me.
What should I get next, second set of cluster or +1 spectre chest?
"
Acermax wrote:
What should I get next, second set of cluster or +1 spectre chest?

I went +1 Spectre even before getting the 1st cluster, so I think that’s what I would suggest. The difference from 3 to 4 and then ultimately to 5 was notable with each uptick.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info