[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

What you think about Doedre's Scorn?
"
Monhsaroh wrote:

Thanks for the feedback rogreah. This is the rippiest and most unfair (but fun) league I've ever experienced, would appreciate if you could post the specific attacks and spells that are killing you, so we can shift some of the build's defenses to counter them. Just got to maps and looking forward to facing the red tier syndicate.

For gear:

- Watcher's eye with "% increased fire damage when affected by anger" will benefit your tremendously. I'd focus this first as it is relatively cheap (1ex as of posting) for the power it gives.

- Blind on hit on an abyss jewel will provide a lot of mitigation when hitting something with molten strike, molten strike hits so many times a second that even a small chance provides near permanent blind.

- Try to change the "Faster attacks" support gem with a "elemental damage with attacks" support gem in your current molten strike setup. Faster attacks is only increasing your damage by 18%, elemental damage with attacks will increase it by 54% (just looking in POB).

- +2 molten strike helmet will be a 1.4x damage multiplier on molten strike. They are expensive but worth every chaos. Something to work towards after 6link.

- Not as important, but elemental damage/fire damage on rings and # to # added fire damage on gloves will boost damage too.

Thanks for the answer ! I will take a closer look tomorrow at the red tier syndicate. Yellow tier was pretty easy, I think Red Tier is just "Stop face tanking them in the middle of the fortication !" (True Story)

They hit hard when they combo (like elreon with his hammer) and I think I take a lot of damage from arrow shot (I will focus on upgrading Lunaris soon)

- I was looking for a Watcher's eye, thanks for the tips ! Need 1 more level for a socket.

- Blind on hit might be the solution of my problem, I will buy one asap

- Yeah, I know I need to chroma my oro's sacrifice, Got bad luck here too. :(

- I will take a look at this enchant asap too. If good layout I will farm it. If not, Hope is not that expensive lol

- I though "#% increased damage during any Flask effect" was a good alternative. But yeah, I will take a look at them, rings can wait. (And I need an other boots with +1 endurance charge)

Yep, that's a lot of need lol

Feedback soon !

Thanks you !

PS : Awesome Build, so funny to play, I really love it dude <3
isn't loreweave better than belly?
8/8 anarchy/onslaught
8/8 domination/nemesis
40/40 breach/talisman/harbinger/Abyss
20/20 flashback
I would seriously consider using

at least till you can get better Elder rings with life gain on hit. It completely trivializes all syndicate encounters, in my experience. Currently starting to do red maps and the only time I've died so far is by flickering into Haku's slam lmao.

Also you can drop all mana nodes with it. Just make sure to get them back as needed if you drop the ring.

@up was mentioned many times. It's great as long as you hit 6,5k hp~ with it. Otherwise you're in range of phys one shots.
Last edited by Lirhtim on Dec 12, 2018, 11:58:14 PM
Could you suggest what is financially smart to buy as soon as possible into the league start? Im not sure if certain items will go up or down in price...

Thanks so much in advance.
Sorry if I missed something...was just trying out this build.

I was following along with the suggestion of buying a 6 link armor early, including this suggestion:

"NOTE: Only buy white armor/evasion chest plates."

But then I realized the end game links are 4R1B for flicker and 4R2B for Molten. No green. So I guess the 6l armor/evasion is only for leveling until 67 or something? Two questions:

1) What do you socket in there until 67? Level 50 atm, prob shouldn't have bought the armor, in retrospect lol
2) Flicker strike "End Game Gems" is listed as 4R1B. Was Concentrated Effect left out of there by accident?
Last edited by Kelmain9 on Dec 12, 2018, 11:51:34 PM
"
Kelmain9 wrote:
Sorry if I missed something...was just trying out this build.

I was following along with the suggestion of buying a 6 link armor early, including this suggestion:

"NOTE: Only buy white armor/evasion chest plates."

But then I realized the end game links are 4R1B for flicker and 4R2B for Molten. No green. So I guess the 6l armor/evasion is only for leveling until 67 or something? Two questions:

1) What do you socket in there until 67? Level 50 atm, prob shouldn't have bought the armor, in retrospect lol
2) Flicker strike "End Game Gems" is listed as 4R1B. Was Concentrated Effect left out of there by accident?

conc effect does nothing for Flicker as its not an AoE gem
"
Noiseagain wrote:
What you think about Doedre's Scorn?

Sadly no life on it makes it pretty unattractive.

"
Could you suggest what is financially smart to buy as soon as possible into the league start? Im not sure if certain items will go up or down in price...

Thanks so much in advance.

This is PURE SPECULATION based on past leagues. These predictions may be really wrong, use your own judgement please. This is like trying to predict what the stock market will do tomorrow - nobody knows.

+2 MS helmet / 6 link Oro's will get more expensive. Might of the meek will also rise in price as people switch away from their league starters.

Belly of the beast already fairly priced.

Fire Impresence will fall in price as the bulk of the population starts farming elders.

"
Kelmain9 wrote:

1) If you're still leveling just use it as a molten strike setup. First roll 4 red sockets and socket it with:

Molten strike - Ancestral call - Multistrike - elemental damage with attacks

Then just add appropriately colored supports depending on what the other socket colors are. If you get green socket go for slower projectile support/faster attacks, blue socket concentrated effect/combustion.

2) Flicker itself is a green gem. So the setup is flicker + 4R1B. The setup is for mapping until we can afford a 6 link belly. This is what I'm using now - It's shit but was cheap and is better than a tabula:

- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
"
Monhsaroh wrote:

1) If you're still leveling just use it as a molten strike setup. First roll 4 red sockets and socket it with:

Molten strike - Ancestral call - Multistrike - elemental damage with attacks

Then just add appropriately colored supports depending on what the other socket colors are. If you get green socket go for slower projectile support/faster attacks, blue socket concentrated effect/combustion.

So we don't really need Evasion/Armor? It would probably be better to buy a 6L white Armor/Shield since we will need the blues eventually, anyway, right?

"
Monhsaroh wrote:

2) Flicker itself is a green gem. So the setup is flicker + 4R1B. The setup is for mapping until we can afford a 6 link belly. This is what I'm using now - It's shit but was cheap and is better than a tabula:

What colors do you want the belly to be? The reason I am asking is it sounded like you want both Flicker and Molten Strike setups. Flicker for mapping, Molten for delving and maybe other uses?

Do we need two armors then (4r2b and 4r1g1b)? Or do you stop using Molten entirely? Or...am I missing something? hehe
Thanks mate for this amazing build. I love those layered defenses. Killed uber elder today with it. Modified it a bit on the tree to grab more resist in scion area so and using kaom's heart with 2 oro's for higher life pool. If i wanted to go to 100 that would be the build probably. Feels really immortal.
Last edited by grishak1 on Dec 13, 2018, 7:00:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info