[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

Hi! I can't seem to open the PoEPlanner links, is there any other way I can see the Passive Tree?

Edit: Leveling tree, specifically.
Last edited by placha on Sep 17, 2018, 3:34:36 PM
@Monhsaroh (or anyone that has an opinion on that)

How about replacing 6L belly for kaoms heart (more dmg more life) and have a second 6L oros in weapon swap for flicker strike.
At least that is how i am going to approach the build.

Any opinions?
"
zoiac wrote:
Hi there,I am a player from taiwan server,if my english is ass please don't mind :/

I started the league with arc totem,and it's just too easy for the game so I found it boring.
After that I search around in the internet,found this build and it seems interesting. Then I played this build for around a week.
Now I have some trouble for what to buy next for beating the game,can you help me out?

Hey Zoiac!

For sure 6link flicker or molten strike, as well as molten strike helmet enchant would be by far the biggest upgrade. That's pretty strange about the watcher's eye - it should be common.

Replace Atiziri's promise with dying sun, it lasts for a shorter duration that wise oak even though it provides similar damage.

Placing might of the meek in the top left will give you +10 int. Even with this intelligence you will need a little bit on gear until you're pushing 95+. Don't worry about keeping the resists passives until much later, eventually you will naturally reach a gear point where they aren't needed.

Your english is great, I had no trouble understanding anything!

"
Kraxxz wrote:
Level 79 - No uber completed, no watcher's eye or might of the meek. 5.4khp and 5 links only. Deleting content. T13 down so far. Feel a tad squishy but I've replaced the quicksilver flask with a stibnite flask for the smoke cloud it provides to help with bossing. Great build super fun. Can't wait till i'm decked out in 20ex worth of gear.

Quick question.. Is elemental reflect not runnable or is there something I can do to make it safe to run?

There isn't really a great way around it without hurting your character gear wise. Best thing would be if you're farming certain maps to wait till you hit the sextant roll "Players cannot take reflected damage", then run the maps.

"
Straafe wrote:
Here's my gear if anyone wants to take a look to see where I went wrong.

Hey Straafe,

There's a couple things you can do to improve your char, it's hard to know for sure whats going on though with your profile set to private.

- Blood rage activating through CWDT, it puts a ton of unnecessary degen on you during boss fights. Highly recommend leveling blood rage so it doesn't activate on CWDT.

- We already get intimidate through ascendancy so tombfist gloves are kind of redundant.

- Fire Impresence amulet adds a shitton of dps for mapping. If you're struggling with dps get this ASAP.

Other than that your gear looks really good for a SSF style play through. If you put your profile to public I could try to see what's going on.

"
placha wrote:
Hi! I can't seem to open the PoEPlanner links, is there any other way I can see the Passive Tree?

Edit: Leveling tree, specifically.

Level 67 tree: Click me

Go down the bottom path before you take the top left path. Don't take any frenzy or endurance charges until you have ways to generate them. You'll need to grab the big intelligence passives when you are leveling to keep anger and herald of ash appropriately leveled.

Hope you can see the full tree soon.

"
nel0angel0 wrote:
@Monhsaroh (or anyone that has an opinion on that)

How about replacing 6L belly for kaoms heart (more dmg more life) and have a second 6L oros in weapon swap for flicker strike.
At least that is how i am going to approach the build.

Any opinions?

Many people have tried this variant and been very happy - up to you.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
Hey, thanks for the tips. That blood rage was probably killing me on bosses. I went to my privacy settings and unchecked "hide character tabs", and I also switched my Steam profile to public, let me know if that let's you view my skill tree etc, everything else was already unchecked in that page.

I'd love to use the fire impresence amulet, but on delve that version of it is way too expensive for me (looks like they start at around 150 chaos and rise to 2.5ex pretty quickly for that version. I could swing the 150 chaos but i'd be pretty much broke after so I was hoping to make it work without it.).

EDIT: I found an absolutely kick ass Eldritch ring in the Delve for this build:

With that and a new helmet to re-balance my resists, I have 6.4k HP and was able to kill Minotaur and Hydra. I fought the Phoenix but did fail with him at 1% HP. I'm certain he could be killed though because there were 2 deaths that were complete BS during the fight, once where when I re-entered the room I died instantly before my screen even faded in and before I could even control the character, and once because I messed up and got hit by his charge up move. I tried red elder again and did fail, but got a lot closer to beating him and he seems beatable now. I don't use blood rage at all because Oro's generates enough frenzy charges by itself to use indefinitely in maps where Flicker Strike is viable, and between the new ring and a new jewwl with the life gain on hit, I'm a Delve monster since now Ancestral Call heals me an insane amount even without the Life Gain on Hit support gem.
Last edited by Straafe on Sep 18, 2018, 10:00:26 PM
"
Monhsaroh wrote:
"
zoiac wrote:
Hi there,I am a player from taiwan server,if my english is ass please don't mind :/

I started the league with arc totem,and it's just too easy for the game so I found it boring.
After that I search around in the internet,found this build and it seems interesting. Then I played this build for around a week.
Now I have some trouble for what to buy next for beating the game,can you help me out?

Hey Zoiac!

For sure 6link flicker or molten strike, as well as molten strike helmet enchant would be by far the biggest upgrade. That's pretty strange about the watcher's eye - it should be common.

Replace Atiziri's promise with dying sun, it lasts for a shorter duration that wise oak even though it provides similar damage.

Placing might of the meek in the top left will give you +10 int. Even with this intelligence you will need a little bit on gear until you're pushing 95+. Don't worry about keeping the resists passives until much later, eventually you will naturally reach a gear point where they aren't needed.

Your english is great, I had no trouble understanding anything!

Thanks for the reply!
Just a few quick update for my question,since I somehow earned enough currency to buy one MoTM and dying sun,so right now I feel good,no problem running them.
I do have enough currency to buy one more MoTM too...but honestly I don't know.will talk about it below.

And about 6L oro's and belly,there's a problem--no one really selling them in my server,that's kind of a problem.
I do bought another belly and oro though,sitting at 6 slot but not 6L,so...yeah,maybe I can only rely on my luck which does not exist to make them 6L...yikes.
So,about the thing I "don't know" above there,I am curious if I should camp the shit out of the starkonja's in the market ,find one with the MS enchant and buy it,or should I buy one MoTM for now...since starkonja's with the +3(even +2) projectile is so hard to find,I've been looking for around 4 days,all I can find is just "increase 40% of Molten Stirke damage"...
I don't know if I'm gonna buy another MoTM and just sit there crying watching there's a +3 projectile stark in the market in a sudden and I can't buy it anymore cuz bought the 2nd MoTM.
Also I feel like I started die alot when doing T13+ vaal'd maps.5.3k hp starting to feel not enough.Buy MoTM to get more hp is it a good idea?
Anyway since you said projectile enchant are a big boost for dmg...so I guess I will just wait for few more days...:(

(and yes,TW server are fucking weird.An EX cost around 60C even in a league just started,and now it's 100C to even 120C for an EX,my MoTM is a example,the guy sell it for 3.5ex and he charges me 3ex and 60C.I think for you guys it's around 40C in league start and 80C in between the whole league right?yeah that's fucked up in TW...)
just wondering,is it worth it for me to buy a watcher's eye with %dmg increased when affected by anger?it's alot cheaper compared to the fire pen one for me.not all my abyssal jewel are so good,so I'm wondering.

final words.
last night encounter phoenix and finally beat it for the first time.(started to play PoE when is 3.2 btw,incursion encountered phoenix but can't beat it.)
definitely a great build,I can't wait to try to beat other T16 or even shaper.

9/19 edit:
finally fucking encountered 2 more guardians,which is minotaur and hydra.
hydra was pretty easy,switched enfeeble to purity of ice and pretty smooth,was easy,never died.
but for minotaur,big fucking problem.
what to do against minotaur?feel like 5.3k is not enough.
also got a opal ring somehow,is it worth using or diamond ring is better?
edit2:
just got a 2slot Tombfist and its the best(both of AS and %hp are max)
I was wondering is it good to use?
but I think I need to replace blood rage,and probably ice golem too.(keep only CWDT and immortal call)
before I got both oro's and belly 6L,is it good enough?

edit3(yes,I know,I edited 3times a day):
failed uber atziri too.feels too squishy for the second part of the map(the one with 3 bosses)
2 portal left for atziri and done fucked up,pretty close though,probably can clear uber atziri if I didnt fucked up 4 portals at those 3 bosses.
I can't understand why the fuck people can reach 6k hp or something even higher:/
There's a request from me--for some god knows reason(kappa.)I want to translate this guide and share to a TW forum.Is it ok for me to do so?
Last edited by zoiac on Sep 19, 2018, 3:55:40 PM
"

Use a +3000 armor flask that also gives you %armor, and also use the flask that gives you 15% more physical reduction. Never stand in the circles of dropping rocks that appear when he slams his hammer on the ground. When he dives under ground, he will inevitably pop up near you dealing heavy damage, so just use both of the aforementioned flasks when you see him dive or see the burrowing effect near you, this will allow you to absorb the hit without dying (should take you to about half). Then you can get some attacks off to deal damage and to sustain yourself (or use healing flasks if you don't have sustain on hit) while you wait for him to slam the ground and make a new circle. When this happens, use your movement skill to get to a new area outside of the falling rock circles and rinse and repeat. The falling rocks seem to deal as much or more damage than when he bursts from the ground, so if you have to stand in those areas or move through them, just use your flasks as well. I also tried the minor god which allows you to generate flask charges and it seemed to help a little, but the physical damage reduction gods are probably the safest bet.

Doing that, he was pretty easy for me. I do have over 6K HP now, but with the flasks I don't think any of his moves should 1 hit you. I think he can shock you too (and so can the lightning fields), so you might want a flask for that too to avoid getting hit for bonus damage, but I beat him without one.
Last edited by Straafe on Sep 19, 2018, 12:41:17 PM
"
Straafe wrote:
"

Use a +3000 armor flask that also gives you %armor, and also use the flask that gives you 15% more physical reduction. Never stand in the circles of dropping rocks that appear when he slams his hammer on the ground. When he dives under ground, he will inevitably pop up near you dealing heavy damage, so just use both of the aforementioned flasks when you see him dive or see the burrowing effect near you, this will allow you to absorb the hit without dying (should take you to about half). Then you can get some attacks off to deal damage and to sustain yourself (or use healing flasks if you don't have sustain on hit) while you wait for him to slam the ground and make a new circle. When this happens, use your movement skill to get to a new area outside of the falling rock circles and rinse and repeat. The falling rocks seem to deal as much or more damage than when he bursts from the ground, so if you have to stand in those areas or move through them, just use your flasks as well. I also tried the minor god which allows you to generate flask charges and it seemed to help a little, but the physical damage reduction gods are probably the safest bet.

Doing that, he was pretty easy for me. I do have over 6K HP now, but with the flasks I don't think any of his moves should 1 hit you. I think he can shock you too (and so can the lightning fields), so you might want a flask for that too to avoid getting hit for bonus damage, but I beat him without one.

Thanks for the advice,will try to challenge minotaur again with granite flask.
tbh I think the reason why I felt the minotaur deals fuck ton of damage is because it's vaal'd and it turned into a unidentified map.
Perhaps it got some fucked up affix like "increased fuck ton damage of the boss" or maybe crit chance+crit dmg.
I had a basalt,even with that 15% physical reduction it still one shots me,that's probably the reason when I was thinking about it.(I am using the tukohama patheon power too.I guess there's no way that minotaur deals 7k+ damage per burrow/slam? just by itself without the affix?if so I would say it's pretty stupid,saw someone calculated about shaper's damage,his big ass beam deals around 7k per sec.That means minotaur deals as much damage as shaper for every single attack?YIKES.anyway just guessing,never tried T16 before until this league,this build.Maybe I'm wrong.)
Last edited by zoiac on Sep 19, 2018, 2:48:46 PM
If you added a Unnatural Instinct Jewel to where your watcher's eye is in POB and switched the IAS nodes to Spell Damage for the Jewel to give the best effect.

This seems like it would be insanely OP.

Or am I mistaken......
Last edited by Vinzz0 on Sep 20, 2018, 1:24:10 AM
"
Vinzz0 wrote:
If you added a Unnatural Instinct Jewel to where your watcher's eye is in POB and switched the IAS nodes to Spell Damage for the Jewel to give the best effect.

This seems like it would be insanely OP.

Or am I mistaken......

It won't worth to invest though, most of stats there is useless for us considering to price of jewel it is waste of money
Because of that Eldritch ring and a couple other new rares giving me a total of around 20 life gain on hit, I am able to use Elemental Damage with Attacks again which basically doubles my damage. I tried red Elder again and with the insane damage and still some sustain he was pretty easy. I've never fought the Shaper or Uber Elder before, but after I kill the last 2 guardians I'll be trying them out too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info