Updated

Build guides should always exclude legacy items in their showcase because it gives people the wrong idea imo, that's all.

8k ES is okay-ish, it won't be possible to raise that with a necro aside from using a watcher's eye and transforming mana to ES. That however is such an incredible expensive and very ineffective way given the low mana pool this character has.

I also don't see much value in the forced life reg, there's only 700 net regen maxed out WITH a regen watcher's eye which is also ridiculously expensive and not achievable for the majority of players - in SC perhaps but definitely not in HC.

It might be worth while going for determination, might even be able to squeeze in a memory vault to further boost phys mitigation.

Edit:
Doesn't offer that much more (about 10%) of phys mitigation... would have to take more time and tinker around to optimize this.

Edit2:
Find a jewel socket and you can drop blind gem from your helmet and use an animated guardian or something similar there, even a decoy totem would prove most useful.
Last edited by Starbuckz42 on Aug 23, 2018, 1:42:31 AM
I think we can't begin a league with this kind of build or do you have a cheaper version or transition plan ?
"
Vachor wrote:
I think we can't begin a league with this kind of build or do you have a cheaper version or transition plan ?

I'm not going to answer your question directly because I've never had the time and patience to play a league lately. But I'll leave you this link from a video, I did a few weeks ago and never uploaded. In the video I kill the Shaper with Solaris Lorica 4 Links and a creepy magic gear (with out any ES except by Sorcerer Gloves).

Probably the two most expensive items would be Shavronne's and Presence of Chayula, followed by Watcher's Eye (with ES regen). A cheap outing in the league might be to start focus on Getting a Shavronne's at least 5 Links, then the Presence of Chayula (as long as you do not have a Presence you can play with the Eye of Chayula or any other amulet, it's just that I like the mod Can not Be Stunned), finally a Watcher's Eye to drastically increase regeneration.

If you watched the video, you should have seen that with the base of the items and the passive I practically got 6k of ES. With a reasonable gear you can reach 7k or more, which for me is enough to deal with the end game of the game. The large amount of ES is always welcome, especially for a LL Build, from a certain amount this will work only as prevention of severe and instantaneous damages.
Hi jeniuscury,
first thank u for your well written and good looking guide.
Second, sry for my English... ;)

Since I neither played a Spectre build nor lowlife before, I contemplate starting Delve league with this one hoping it's possible to farm some currency without too many trouble to afford at least the Shaves.

Plan would be to start with Zombies and SRS and get Death Attunement Keystone at lvl40 latest (more or less following your suggested lvling trees) and use Spectres from there on together with Bones of Ullr and Midnight Bargain.
I hope these items will be affordable very early, as usual.
Auras will probably be Haste and Purity of Elements before going ll.

Do you (or anyone else, who is familiar with Spectre Builds) know whether this works well?
Or should the swith to Spectres be far later?
Or any other suggestions?
I just like to use my endgame skill as early as possible...

Furthermore, there are some new minion nodes in the tree in 3.4:
Do you consider changing your tree therefor?

Last edited by 5StrokeRoll on Aug 29, 2018, 12:04:28 PM
"
5StrokeRoll wrote:
Hi jeniuscury,

Since I neither played a Spectre build nor lowlife before, I contemplate starting Delve league with this one hoping it's possible to farm some currency without too many trouble to afford at least the Shaves.

Plan would be to start with Zombies and SRS and get Death Attunement Keystone at lvl40 latest (more or less following your suggested lvling trees) and use Spectres from there on together with Bones of Ullr and Midnight Bargain.

Do you (or anyone else, who is familiar with Spectre Builds) know whether this works well?

Hi there, Thanks for reply.

Most likely I'll play this league. The idea is to do the same build not only to keep it alive but also because I just got lvl 100 on Std. About Shavronne's: my idea is to get one with only 4 links, after that I intend to focus on currency to get the Presence of Chayula (greatly increases the Energy Shield), only then run after a Shav's 5L or 6L. The rest of the gear will be cheap for sure.

During leveling I do not think it's a good idea to do this simultaneously with SRS and Zombies. I will only do it with SRS, so it is not necessary to focus on life nodes for the minions at the beginning. Actually Bones of Ull'r and Midnight Bargain will not be expensive and best of all is that they are not high level required to use them.

The auras will also be Haste, Purity of Elements, and Clarity since is possible to manipulate it. With the progress of the points in the passive I fit others Auras following the priorities.

So, by answering your question: Yes, you can switch to the Spectres in lvl 40. But if you think it is going very well with SRS you can also continue with them. The only problem with SRS is the mana cost of gem levels is difficult to maintain.

After a long time without the Summoners Class receiving a buff, I get annoyed with the supposed buff that GGG said there will be in 3.4. Maybe I'm wrong, after all I read the patch notes very fast. I think that the Passive will be the same, even in the beginning where they added some points of minions, that's because thanks to Soul Weaver the Spectres are literally immortal (or not, after all I have no idea what awaits us in Delve: D) and I do not think a few nodes will make a difference in the End Game, most likely I'll keep the Energy Shield.

And since it's your first time playing with Spectres, and I do not know if you ever played with any other minion builds in PoE, keep in mind that it's not you who attacks, and this can be a bit annoying at first but over time you will adapt to them. That way using Convocation, Flesh Offering and Arc, taking out the 3 main skills basically all you will do is walk. Good luck !
"
jeniuscury wrote:
"
5StrokeRoll wrote:
Hi jeniuscury,

Hi there, Thanks for reply.

Most likely I'll play this league. The idea is to do the same build not only to keep it alive but also because I just got lvl 100 on Std. About Shavronne's: my idea is to get one with only 4 links, after that I intend to focus on currency to get the Presence of Chayula (greatly increases the Energy Shield), only then run after a Shav's 5L or 6L. The rest of the gear will be cheap for sure.

During leveling I do not think it's a good idea to do this simultaneously with SRS and Zombies. I will only do it with SRS, so it is not necessary to focus on life nodes for the minions at the beginning. Actually Bones of Ull'r and Midnight Bargain will not be expensive and best of all is that they are not high level required to use them.

The auras will also be Haste, Purity of Elements, and Clarity since is possible to manipulate it. With the progress of the points in the passive I fit others Auras following the priorities.

So, by answering your question: Yes, you can switch to the Spectres in lvl 40. But if you think it is going very well with SRS you can also continue with them. The only problem with SRS is the mana cost of gem levels is difficult to maintain.

After a long time without the Summoners Class receiving a buff, I get annoyed with the supposed buff that GGG said there will be in 3.4. Maybe I'm wrong, after all I read the patch notes very fast. I think that the Passive will be the same, even in the beginning where they added some points of minions, that's because thanks to Soul Weaver the Spectres are literally immortal (or not, after all I have no idea what awaits us in Delve: D) and I do not think a few nodes will make a difference in the End Game, most likely I'll keep the Energy Shield.

And since it's your first time playing with Spectres, and I do not know if you ever played with any other minion builds in PoE, keep in mind that it's not you who attacks, and this can be a bit annoying at first but over time you will adapt to them. That way using Convocation, Flesh Offering and Arc, taking out the 3 main skills basically all you will do is walk. Good luck !

Thanks for your reply!

Again regarding SRS vs. Spectres for leveling:
Are Spectres tanky enough and do enough damage until I get to the Soul Weaver asc?
Lvl 40 will be reached at mid act5 I presume.
Is it easy go with 4 Spectres for the rest of the story or will it be a hard time (harder than SRS for example)?
Keeping in mind you don't have high level Spectres and, as I understand it, you have to recast your Spectres every instance to get higher level Spectres?

Just another question:
Did you try Uber Elder with this char?
Last edited by 5StrokeRoll on Aug 30, 2018, 3:29:44 PM
"
5StrokeRoll wrote:
Thanks for your reply!

Again regarding SRS vs. Spectres for leveling:
Are Spectres tanky enough and do enough damage until I get to the Soul Weaver asc?
Lvl 40 will be reached at mid act5 I presume.
Is it easy go with 4 Spectres for the rest of the story or will it be a hard time (harder than SRS for example)?
Keeping in mind you don't have high level Spectres and, as I understand it, you have to recast your Spectres every instance to get higher level Spectres?

Just another question:
Did you try Uber Elder with this char?

During the progress of a new character I created to make the leveling tab, I made some videos but never uploaded them. During or after Delve I'll put them in my channel so that other people can have an idea of ​​what it will be to gain level with SRS and Spectres.

As I said you will have to get used to the style of the class, it will be a bit slow, and yes, you will be able to do all the acts quietly with the Spectres with 4 Links, better than SRS. As long as you are leveling each new instance of higher lvl you summon the Spectres again.

Tip: As soon as you finish the acts you can buy an Oba's Cursed Trove and ask a friend to make the map for you or even buy the service by offering the loot. Probably when you get to the end of Act 10, your Desecrate gem already will be lvl 17 or next. Buy or lend an empower lvl 2 (I do not think it will be difficult), and also some rare item with the mod Anarchist's. On that way your Desecrate gem being lvl 17 will have +1 from Empower and +2 from the mod. I'll leave a link of a search in the Poe.trade of rare items with the mod (the link is with search in Std, just change the league when Delve starts). That way you will have the Desecrate lvl 20 and you can already have Spectres lvl 84 when you still will be making maps low tier. If you want to avoid buying Empower you only have to level the Desecrate lvl 18.

I did Uber Elder yes, I also recorded it, but my brother unfortunately formatted the computer and I ended up losing the video for that reason. As I was going up to the 100 I did not want to try again. I'll try to spawn to make the video today, but maybe the upload will be 1 day after Delve has already started.
Thx again.
I'm convinced ;) doin' it as my build for delve.

Now my last question (definitively):
Since some maps with gaps and barriers are very annoying without a proper movement skill, do you see any possibility to fit one in temporarily?
For example change the helmet set up from empower to leap slam (especially since we now get the attack speed from our minions?).
Last edited by 5StrokeRoll on Aug 31, 2018, 2:03:39 AM
"
5StrokeRoll wrote:
Thx again.
I'm convinced ;) doin' it as my build for delve.

Now my last question (definitively):
Since some maps with gaps and barriers are very annoying without a proper movement skill, do you see any possibility to fit one in temporarily?
For example change the helmet set up from empower to leap slam (especially since we now get the attack speed from our minions?).

The truth is that I've never played with a movement skill, and maybe that's why I do not miss one. I recognize that in the league it is difficult to choose what we do or not since we all start from from the beginning but it would be good to avoid such maps. I think just "walking" is better to dodge than a movement skill, considering you're using an Eye or Presence of Chayula, all you have to do is use your Flask with Remove / Immune to Freeze and Chill.

Leap Slam is considered melle, so if you opt for it you will have to change the Midnight Bargain, an option that does not look good since you will lose a Spectre, but if you really think about doing it, a good weapon to trade for the wand is Ephemeral Edge .

Regarding where to put the movement gem (if you use it), I recommend to take out a Curse (Flammability) and use Lightning Warp / Flame Dash (whichever you prefer).

The last situation to solve if you choose to use a movement skill is where to put to activate it. For this I would change the Zombie key, or Vaal Haste, but I think the best would be without the Zombie they do not die often on mapping.
"
jeniuscury wrote:
The truth is that I've never played with a movement skill, and maybe that's why I do not miss one. I recognize that in the league it is difficult to choose what we do or not since we all start from from the beginning but it would be good to avoid such maps. I think just "walking" is better to dodge than a movement skill, considering you're using an Eye or Presence of Chayula, all you have to do is use your Flask with Remove / Immune to Freeze and Chill.

Leap Slam is considered melle, so if you opt for it you will have to change the Midnight Bargain, an option that does not look good since you will lose a Spectre, but if you really think about doing it, a good weapon to trade for the wand is Ephemeral Edge .

Regarding where to put the movement gem (if you use it), I recommend to take out a Curse (Flammability) and use Lightning Warp / Flame Dash (whichever you prefer).

The last situation to solve if you choose to use a movement skill is where to put to activate it. For this I would change the Zombie key, or Vaal Haste, but I think the best would be without the Zombie they do not die often on mapping.

Oh, my bad...didn't recognize that mignight bargain is a wand...somehow I thought is was a mace?!?
Well, we'll see what skill can be expandable for same bad map layouts.
Thanks again, have fun and a successfull start in Delve.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info