====>>>> ABOUT HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENTS

hi,

this is about hideout improvements, to speed up the workflow.I am using 3d programs since 10 years, so this 3d thing is up to date to me :)

___>>> *360° camara

i wonder, why there is no 360° cam, to place the parts you are working on the right place...

creating nice hideouts is very popular to the community. for me, too. I have never seen a 3d Artist who is just modelling, zBrushing, or rigging anything with a fix cam view port!

the hideout should be a stand alone tool.... you tried it but most of the time its just playing around with the char, and maybe pets, what brings me to

____>>> *freeze button for the char, to one position

there are many game engines out there. some of them really nice and useful, some of them still ugly...

...like running around with the char in the hideout, to find out any position where the char is not in my way, building a fence, or stepping trees to the right position.

also a view from the top (maybe wire frame) like in any other 3d builder or games engines.

why do you miss having a top view, if you want to do the gamers customise there poe home.

imagine you use maya (or blender3d or cinema4d) without wire frame top view port...

same here, its just a joke, to play around 5-10 min to building something, what is really speedup to 10 sec, with a top view. This hideout engine is really ggg 2010!

gz to 2018 ingame and 2010 custom build tool... :)

____>>> *Some MORE SORTING the hideout parts, trees, building, concrete

this will also help to speed up workflow a lot.

____>>> * UNDO butten for 1-3 Steps

(without any words<)

____>>> *WIREFRAME mode, to give more control to objects position!

____>>> * ALPHA BLENDING to the right level, so stop blinking if you overlap 2 textures.... (this is coding mistake of beginners, btw!)

____>>> * LOCK BUTTON
- Lockup final object, to prevent deleting, disposition

i think also the most simple 3d building program has some standard views, and menus, which help user to integrate them to the workflow. give a a good list of shortcuts, simply to use, maybe the "3d program shortcut standard" so that newbees (to 3d stuff) can learn to use 3d program, and 3d pros to feel comfortable to do freefly modelling and creative stuff.

BASICS still missing to the HIDEOUT engine! If you dont want to do any coding for that, no problem, just have a look to the

BLENDER 3d Scr code, where you can Copy & Paste modular parts for this. Github will help, too...

The idea of a hideout is still very nice, i really like to spend time to build a nice home, but as the hideout engine is its just joking.

i am an old member from the pc demo scene, if you need some scr codes, just pm me. i got plenty copy&paste simple to integrate camera stuff, c++, or if needed assembler code to share.
-----

i know you have your goals for the years, doing tons of post-its to all your bureau walls, but you just upgraded the game since 2017 so much, it should be cool understatement to give us a "normal" build engine, please.

i feel frustrating sometimes, to get to much time, to build up simple basic stuff, like concretes, etc.

!!!!you can also sell many various hideout ground plans for the master, so there can be some more customisation.

i bet, if you just have 3 plans for the hideout ground, this will impact your shop :)

this could be a complete new shop column!!!!

you can do some more trix to it like.... SECRET HIDEOUT BOX - gold, silver ---

thank you

.loC

btw: gift MTX - XTM- MXT- are always welcome.

Actually a member called "Lina5555" did also a nice threat about hideout impros, and he invested some time to do it so it should be added here:

original threat:https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2166715

copycat this

Lina5555:

Hi!
It would be great, if we could get an icon in hideout for stash/guild stash. I love to decorate my hideout, so I don't just leave it next to the waypoint and sometimes people are having a hard time finding the stash.

Another thing is, it would be nice if we could move the waypoint.
The ship in Haku's hideout..could you make it purchaseable from Haku, and delete it from the hideout? It doesn't fit in many hideouts.

And I found many things in cities, that I would love to use in my hideout,it would be great if you could add them as master decorations. Here are some examples:

From Oriath
Spoiler

The tree, and even the fence under the tree

The table with food on it

This table with vases

From Highgate
Spoiler

This tree

Vegetables and the plant next to my character

The lantern, the bamboo and the bamboo bridge

From The Sarn Encampment
Spoiler

A not broken boat

The flowers

From Lioneye's Watch
Spoiler

The two-handed axe behind Tarkleigh, and the bags next to him

Even outside of cities,these ones are from the Reliquary
Spoiler

Displays

Bookcase

Cabinet

The black chair, the tables

These are just "some" examples, there are more, just didn't want to post everything.
One more thing, could you design female exiles? We only have the one with the baby, could use a stading and sitting one too.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by loCurnus on Jul 29, 2018, 2:28:33 PM
Last bumped on Sep 11, 2018, 4:46:33 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
- Being able to edit on the z-axis
- Flatten the ground of all hideouts. E.g. lots of the little bumps in the Coastal Hideout are pretty much unnoticeable until you want to place decorations like mats or paths, so they're just annoying.
It'd be nice if all tile decorations started off automatically aligned with the grid instead of being a few degrees off at the start which forces us to rotate them bit by bit to get it right.

In working on my current Vagan hideout I've often wished I could put things directly under the stair decorations to either enhance them (like putting actual flames in those... bowls?) or have something overlapping them entirely like statues.
a little separate window with navigation and shortcut list, and because

its 2018-

*some tricks to the overall view, like invisible parts of it. like master, trees, and concretes. on/off button... (in music it is called bypass---no effects used A/B listening)
like same in the engine.
invisible trees, to see masters position, invisible Masters, to see where you placed your benches etc.

also would be nice like photo shop some lineal or measuring to see if you place your stuff exactly.

why? if you ever build columns or archway you know how helpful could coordinates or measuring stuff be.

*a MIRROR button, left right/up-down. you just have to build 1 site, and mirror it to exact same place on the other side.

this helps speeding up the workflow a lot.

again: if you need any scr code, (ready to use), for these features just PM
Last edited by loCurnus on Jul 4, 2018, 8:15:25 AM
c'mon anyone else?
Last edited by loCurnus on Jul 7, 2018, 5:28:00 AM
and get rid of that freaking object limit already... I can't build my pathways.
limitation? from the masters?
WAYPOINT AS ICON

unfix the waypoint, to place it like an item where you want
SAVE BUTTON FOR OLD HIDEOUTs you did in the past. (you can have 3 slots for 3 saved hideouts, you can SELL Slots for it.
Last edited by loCurnus on Jul 22, 2018, 1:50:20 PM
"
loCurnus wrote:
SAVE BUTTON FOR OLD HIDEOUTs you did in the past. (you can have 3 slots for 3 saved hideouts, you can SELL Slots for it.

well, thats a prerequisite for all other changes. i'm not engaging into work that's not lasting 3 months or making me decide to dump one or the other of my work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info