3.3.1 Patch Notes

Great new content and bugfixes, thanks GGG!
Hi, update 3.3.1 - my game crash everytime when i join alva portals...before was ok, ty !

now it starts in map phantasmagoria, unplayable right now...fix it !!
"
Bouldure wrote:
"
neoc666 wrote:
If you disable the chat by clicking the "GLOBAL" tab, it re-enables every time you use any /command. Which is very inconvenient because we of course still don't have a key binding for /hideout so we have to type it in chat.

Press F5 to go on ur HO when u are in town or other HO.

Neither did I ask for this nor is it true.
So my only character i played got destroyed mid league (cold snap). Guess this time someone else took the decision for me when I stop playing PoE.

After mapping i can say clearspeed is still decent. Bosses took way longer than before in T15 maps. I didnt even had the courage to try a T16 guardian as they have been tough already before. But the biggest problem now, is to kill Architects in time. Tried 4 Incursions until i got to frustraded from not beeing able to upgrade a single room. Great feeling when you threw all your currency into this build with getting Six-link carcass and other gear pieces with worth of close to Ex.

So in conclusion time to stop. Dont want to jump on a mainstream train like arc or traps. And a bigger reason. Dont wanna farm multiple Ex´s again.
Now its the third time a build of me got just nerfed to the ground. As much as I love PoE, this nerfs all the time, especially when not really deserved, are frustrating.
Last edited by Eveline on Jul 3, 2018, 12:16:33 PM
"
Fixed a bug where Cold Snap's damage over time stacked with itself. To compensate for this, we have increased Cold Snap and Vaal Cold Snap's damage by 25% at gem level 20, scaling down to no change at gem level 1.

I just played a few maps and Incursions after these changes and let me tell you. Cold Snap is pretty much unplayable now. The map clear is pretty much the same as before though. But the damage on bosses is extremely low and even more clunky now.

I just don't get it. You make a skill, that doesn't scale that well (even before the fix, it was hard to scale in red maps), it needs charges to be utilized properly and doesn't have the best area either. There is absolutely no reason to ever use this skill as is. At least before we could stack the damage over time effect, which made it viable. But even before the nerf/fix, it was a subpar skill.

With how the economy works in PoE, you are forced to play what is effective and not always what you find most fun or you'll get behind currency-wise and can't buy the items you need and play what and how you want to.

Having such a large distance between how effective skills are, is ruining the game for me and probably a lot of other players.

And doing this mid-league? People who invested time and effort into playing with Cold Snap, has basically two options. Stop playing this league and wait for the next or reroll and start over, which is kind of a big problem because of above (we can't all level a new character in 1-2 days)
About time for Dark Pact and Abyssal Cry to get some love?
Last edited by Zicon on Jul 3, 2018, 9:18:43 AM
I've noticed changes in temple lvl. Before 3.3.1 temple was taking the highest map level completed during incursion stages. Now it seems like taking mean value between completed maps.
If only GGG put this much effort into making better marketable price choices!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH~!!! *Drops the mic*
"
Zicon wrote:
"
Fixed a bug where Cold Snap's damage over time stacked with itself. To compensate for this, we have increased Cold Snap and Vaal Cold Snap's damage by 25% at gem level 20, scaling down to no change at gem level 1.

I just played a few maps and Incursions after these changes and let me tell you. Cold Snap is pretty much unplayable now. The map clear is pretty much the same as before though. But the damage on bosses is extremely low and even more clunky now.

I just don't get it. You make a skill, that doesn't scale that well (even before the fix, it was hard to scale in red maps), it needs charges to be utilized properly and doesn't have the best area either. There is absolutely no reason to ever use this skill as is. At least before we could stack the damage over time effect, which made it viable. But even before the nerf/fix, it was a subpar skill.

With how the economy works in PoE, you are forced to play what is effective and not always what you find most fun or you'll get behind currency-wise and can't buy the items you need and play what and how you want to.

Having such a large distance between how effective skills are, is ruining the game for me and probably a lot of other players.

And doing this mid-league? People who invested time and effort into playing with Cold Snap, has basically two options. Stop playing this league and wait for the next or reroll and start over, which is kind of a big problem because of above (we can't all level a new character in 1-2 days)

I agree.

I stopped doing leagues and have stopped supporting the game because of build breaking nerfs almost every patch.

I mean seriously, they don't balance shit, they destroy it.

Only people in the chats these days are newbies.

I hope their Chinese overlords pay attention to these draconian build crushing nerfs.
GGG any solution? Any hotfix soon? Any answer?
"
Smear wrote:
"
Zicon wrote:
"

I agree.

I stopped doing leagues and have stopped supporting the game because of build breaking nerfs almost every patch.

I mean seriously, they don't balance shit, they destroy it.

Only people in the chats these days are newbies.

I hope their Chinese overlords pay attention to these draconian build crushing nerfs.

As much as i don't want to agree it certainly feels that way a lot of the time. It happens enough that it makes you wonder just how much thought they put into their "fixes" before implementing them. I mean, with this they essentially killed a skill they spent time reworking... Why? YOLO? For the LULZ? Or do they just really like wasting time? i can't think of a single build that would make use of this skill. It can't be used as a main skill because the single target is too low. People don't need the frenzy charge generation, especially since it eats them, when there are so many other methods to gain them. Chill was changed so it isn't that effective without building on it and if the player is building on it they probably freeze/chill with another skill. CWDT and CoC builds can't make much use of it with the cd/frenzy consumption. This also means it can't be used on Poet's Pens or Mjolner.

If someone can think of a build that would benefit from this skill I would be shocked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info