[3.15]Fire&Flamethrower Traps Saboteur/Strongest Combo in the Game/League starter+Boss farmer

"

Skitterbots grant %10 more trap and mine damage at the cost of %35 mana reserve so i don't think it is a good idea to use those for trap builds.It's mainly for mines in my opinion because if skitterbots trigger a mine,it can be detonated again.They also chill and shock enemies nearby.We are already using Aspect of Spider so i don't think that chill will do much.Everything gets 1-shotted anyways(even elites and beyond bosses)

Yeah, if anything, the shock is the valuable thing (I think it's 20% increased damage taken?) but you are right
please 3.8 pastbin
its in there, named by 3.6 pastebin (at least i think so :) )
I think I am starting the league with this build. I'm very excited!
The buffs and LiftingNerdBro recommendations got me here.

What makes Thicket Bow a good bow, over the easy to get Short Bow? The iLvl?
"
mngkyc07 wrote:
please 3.8 pastbin

Pastebin links are already updated for 3.8.I'm still fixing some typing mistakes and old stuff so i'm sorry for any misunderstandings.I created this build more than a year ago so i updated it a lot every patch and there are still some parts that i'm missing sometimes :D
Last edited by soulsofblack93 on Sep 6, 2019, 12:38:07 PM
"
Musachan wrote:

Bow choice depends on your dexterity.If you don't have enough dex then short bow is better for you.There is nothing special about thicket bow,it was just the thing i got when i played :) If you are thinking about using blink arrow, then watch out for attack speed on bows.But i recommend flame dash these days.
"
"
Musachan wrote:

Bow choice depends on your dexterity.If you don't have enough dex then short bow is better for you.There is nothing special about thicket bow,it was just the thing i got when i played :) If you are thinking about using blink arrow, then watch out for attack speed on bows.But i recommend flame dash these days.
Edit:I forgot to mention the ilvl.Anything above 50 is good to go if you are aiming for that +1 socketed gems.
Last edited by soulsofblack93 on Sep 6, 2019, 12:42:50 PM
"
Schwachsinn wrote:
"

Skitterbots grant %10 more trap and mine damage at the cost of %35 mana reserve so i don't think it is a good idea to use those for trap builds.It's mainly for mines in my opinion because if skitterbots trigger a mine,it can be detonated again.They also chill and shock enemies nearby.We are already using Aspect of Spider so i don't think that chill will do much.Everything gets 1-shotted anyways(even elites and beyond bosses)

Yeah, if anything, the shock is the valuable thing (I think it's 20% increased damage taken?) but you are right

Shock might be good but i'm not sure if the bots applying a shock at %20 effectiveness.If that's the case,we can reconsider using them :)
"
A very noob questions

I saw that there are changes in 3.8 to staves and daggers and wands and that they can roll +1-+3 gem levels and global gems levels as well?

Would bow still be advised for the build? (I know you indicated earlier the quiver gives life and crit)

Cheers

Edit: I realize without bow you cannot do 2x 6link but was wondering would the caster 1 handed + 2 handed global gem level offset that

I don't fully know the new mechanics and the upcoming +x to global gems stuff so i will only theorycraft now.If we can get global fire or spell gems to 1h weapons then 1h+shield or dual wielding even might be good with a 4-link flamethrower or fire trap and a 6-link other one.Staffs are already in good position so if you like using one, go ahead but you will lose life and some other stats.You can 6-link a staff btw.I'm not sure if you mistyped there.After patch goes live, i need to do some math but i need to see every new affixes that they added to the weapons first.
"
"
A very noob questions

I saw that there are changes in 3.8 to staves and daggers and wands and that they can roll +1-+3 gem levels and global gems levels as well?

Would bow still be advised for the build? (I know you indicated earlier the quiver gives life and crit)

Cheers

Edit: I realize without bow you cannot do 2x 6link but was wondering would the caster 1 handed + 2 handed global gem level offset that

I don't fully know the new mechanics and the upcoming +x to global gems stuff so i will only theorycraft now.If we can get global fire or spell gems to 1h weapons then 1h+shield or dual wielding even might be good with a 4-link flamethrower or fire trap and a 6-link other one.Staffs are already in good position so if you like using one, go ahead but you will lose life and some other stats.You can 6-link a staff btw.I'm not sure if you mistyped there.After patch goes live, i need to do some math but i need to see every new affixes that they added to the weapons first.

Thank you, please keep us updated

Here's the exact wording

Caster oriented one-handed weapons will now be able to roll some new modifiers that grant +1 to all Fire, Cold, Lightning, Physical or Chaos Spell Skill Gems, not just ones socketed in the item (Sceptres will not have the Chaos Spell Gem mod available). Staves will able to roll a modifier that grants +1 to 2 instead, and have a rarer higher tier +3 modifier available. One handed caster weapons will be able to roll a very rare additional mod that grants +1 to all Spell Gems, and the Staff version of the modifier will grant +1 to 2 to all Spell Gems. These weapons will no longer be able to roll equivalent modifiers that only applied to socketed gems.

It's worth noting that these new modifiers don't apply to Support Gems.

Daggers and Warstaves that can't roll caster modifiers will still be able to roll the old local elemental gem modifiers, and all non-caster weapon types will still be able to roll any existing local gem modifiers like +1 to socketed Bow gems.

There are a number of consequences of these changes. Because the global gem modifiers are much more powerful than the previous local modifiers, we've removed the low level crafting recipe that added +1 to level of socketed Fire/Cold/Lightning/Chaos gems. This recipe has been replaced with a similar one that applies added fire/cold/lightning damage to spells and takes the rarity of the item into account to determine the mod's tier. There is currently no replacement for the Chaos recipe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info