3.3 Indigon Poet's Pen Arc / Lightning warp || Fast Clear + Ez Boss + All content + MF || Videos

"
gottypro wrote:
Hey, I've never player Poet's Pen builds and decided to respec my Elementalist to try this one out, sold all my Deadeye gear for now and have a nice budget to work with!

So I have a question, can you explain the weapon swap? Is one of the sets for bossing and other for mapping? And why do you have 3 PP's with penetration implict and one with spell damage, is it just a budget issue or is there some purpose?

Also, I'm level 86 atm, so what passives should I skip for later? I'm kind of unsure what's essential for the build, but I'm guessing to skip some health or crit multi for now. Or may be you can post a tree for 86? :P This is pretty much my first league in PoE and I usually can figure stuff on my own when I played the build for some time, but it's hard when I never played something.

Edit: oh, and gotta say getting that watcher's eye is near impossible now, there are usually none listed and even the offline ones are 40+ ex :( now to somewhat min-max the build you'd around 3 HH's worth of currency :D

Weapon swap is for bossing, the one poet pen does not have pen as penetration is local to the skills in the wand which is corrupted and you obviously don't do dmg with lightning warp.

It doesn't matter about the passives, you will level up fast to 92, if lacking damage go for dps, if you die a lot go for HP first. I would personally max on HP and get last dps nodes after lvl 90/92.

The watcher's eye is too expensive yes. When I started this guide it was 9 - 12 ex. You really don't need double mod jewel though, the mana leech only one will do just fine.

You are also right that min-maxing the build gets very expensive after a certain point. On the other hand I hit a wall where i have 80 exalts now and have no upgrades to go for and am sad boi so there's that side of things as well :D

I would say lightning warp enchant is priority over double mod jewel, it's really nice :>

edit: just noticed you already have lw enchant, sick :D

edit2: why do you have elemental damage with attacks gem linked to barrage??? xDDD
Last edited by chancer on Jul 19, 2018, 4:52:46 PM
"
chancer wrote:

Weapon swap is for bossing, the one poet pen does not have pen as penetration is local to the skills in the wand which is corrupted and you obviously don't do dmg with lightning warp.

It doesn't matter about the passives, you will level up fast to 92, if lacking damage go for dps, if you die a lot go for HP first. I would personally max on HP and get last dps nodes after lvl 90/92.

The watcher's eye is too expensive yes. When I started this guide it was 9 - 12 ex. You really don't need double mod jewel though, the mana leech only one will do just fine.

You are also right that min-maxing the build gets very expensive after a certain point. On the other hand I hit a wall where i have 80 exalts now and have no upgrades to go for and am sad boi so there's that side of things as well :D

I would say lightning warp enchant is priority over double mod jewel, it's really nice :>

edit2: why do you have elemental damage with attacks gem linked to barrage??? xDDD

Thanks for the answer! Didn't know the pen was local, now it all makes sense. And yeah, I already figured my passive tree, and indeed gonna level fast so it doesn't matter. I run around 1000 t3 burials and already forgot how much faster you level on higher tier maps lol.

It's a good problem to have - to not be able to buy upgrades. I saw some watcher's eyes with another useful mod for like 5x the price, so there's that I guess :P
And yeah, don't look too much into my gear atm since I'm still moving around/selling/buying some stuff, don't yet have the time to finish the character :( But thanks for noticing that Elemental damage with attacks gem, don't know how it got there lol. Guess I had a lot of stuff in my inventory and put the wrong gem in xD
"
gottypro wrote:
"
chancer wrote:

Thanks for the answer! Didn't know the pen was local, now it all makes sense. And yeah, I already figured my passive tree, and indeed gonna level fast so it doesn't matter. I run around 1000 t3 burials and already forgot how much faster you level on higher tier maps lol.

It's a good problem to have - to not be able to buy upgrades. I saw some watcher's eyes with another useful mod for like 5x the price, so there's that I guess :P
And yeah, don't look too much into my gear atm since I'm still moving around/selling/buying some stuff, don't yet have the time to finish the character :( But thanks for noticing that Elemental damage with attacks gem, don't know how it got there lol. Guess I had a lot of stuff in my inventory and put the wrong gem in xD

Cool man, post with some updates once you ramp the build up, would love to hear from you.

P.S. Also don't forget to spec into paragon of calamity xD
"
chancer wrote:

Cool man, post with some updates once you ramp the build up, would love to hear from you.

Yeah, will do :P I've run a couple of maps with uncapped resists and unfinished gear and was already destroying, gonna be fun when I'm done! The clear speed is almost comparable to the Deadeye that I used to play, but on higher tier maps so I'm already happy.

And yeah, didn't have the time to re-run lab yet :(
"
gottypro wrote:
"
chancer wrote:

Yeah, will do :P I've run a couple of maps with uncapped resists and unfinished gear and was already destroying, gonna be fun when I'm done! The clear speed is almost comparable to the Deadeye that I used to play, but on higher tier maps so I'm already happy.

And yeah, didn't have the time to re-run lab yet :(

You don't need to rerun lab, you are already elementalist - just have to spend 10 regrets and respec Mastermind of Discord and the small nod and invest the points into Paragon :>
Just swapped over to this from the main (Teleports behind you) build to give it a try. Gonna see how the mana sustain feels and redo the tree a bit. Thanks for the idea.
"
YT_HB wrote:
Just swapped over to this from the main (Teleports behind you) build to give it a try. Gonna see how the mana sustain feels and redo the tree a bit. Thanks for the idea.

Cool, I noticed you are quite active in the other thread with answering questions etc, it's nice you want to try my version as well.

Take essence sap which helps with the mana, I have to say this node is important. I've tested a lot with and without it and there are no better value 3 passive points than essence sap.
How much stronger compared to origin build this build is? Also wont get 2 mod watchers eye at start, it will still be good?
"
NaneLz wrote:
How much stronger compared to origin build this build is? Also wont get 2 mod watchers eye at start, it will still be good?

It's substantially more dps with pretty much same defence so for me it's a no-brainer even without double mod jewel. Lets say tooltip is 10k, damage can be more than doubled to 20k+ once you ramp up indigon. I have substantially higher dps on bosses. You also don't suck balls on 90% ailments avoid maps where Mind of the Council lets you down a lot. Maybe some other ppl who tried it can also give feedback.
Last edited by chancer on Jul 23, 2018, 4:14:54 AM
Do you think ill be able to do this as an assassin. I recreated the classic teleport behind you build as an assassin, but i havent made the transition to indigon yet, should be pretty viable right?

I already managed to kill shaper by adding a seperate coc on chest so indigon should be a straight up upgrade. But without the shock effectiveness of elementalist should i just completely switch to different spells?
Last edited by AIastor on Jul 24, 2018, 3:49:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info