PvP Changes and Timeline

If you wont fix scorching ray in pvp its gonna remain cancer.
IGN : Sir_Big
could we the let the pvp die in peace? If you wanna play pvp, you go to a moba game. POE should have had never anything to do with pvp. I would rather see those resources invested in more mtx for diff skills than wasting more for pvp..
IMO the flask charge system should be that: when you use any of your flask, it will drain charges from all of them. So even though you have 5 flask, you have a maximum of 2 overall uses that you can chose from the 5 flask you have. Now it will become a strategic choice people have to make when engaging. Do you want damage reduction and potentially lose a flask charge? Or want to pop a defensive flask and an offensive flask to try burst him down? or are you maximizing your damage and use 2 offensive flask at the beginning and hope to kill him in that time span.
"
NickK_GGG wrote:

We have an experimental flask change we'd potentially like to try as well, wherein all players at the start of a typical best-of-9 only have one flask filled, and will only get charges for one flask between rounds until they lose a round. Each loss 'unlocks' another flask. The idea is to provide a catch-up mechanic as well as to add a layer of strategy to how you select the type and order of flasks you bring to a match. This will also lower the overall power-level of the Pathfinder in PvP.

This change doesn't have a release date yet. I wanted to gauge your feedback before we put work into this.

Great changes overal but I'm not a nog fan of the experimental flasks changes you mentioned.

What's from keeping 1 player to lose 3-4 games in a row on purpose, unlocking all his flasks and only then starting to fight back with a full set of flasks against a player who only has 1?

You might suggest that other player doing the same untill they're both at full flasks but then what's the Point of implementing this mechanic in the first place?

It'll just be best of 1 instead of best of 7/9
Amazing changes so far, it just sad that we had to wait for Tencent to push pvp (come on guys, let's be honest here) to get something like this.
But hey, better late than never I guess.

I predict a lot of salt from our most famous RMTers and a huge jump on legacy Aegis Aurora price.
Last edited by IceDeal on Jun 25, 2018, 4:29:10 AM
"
NickK_GGG wrote:
Skill Changes

All trigger gems and triggered skills will be having significant damage reductions. Ideally, these will be used primarily to trigger utility skills and curses, and won't be a significant source of damage. This includes Lab enchants and items like Poet's Pen that trigger skills.

Suppressive skills like Kinetic Blast, Explosive Arrow, Blight, Glacial Cascade and Volatile Dead will also be getting significant damage reductions.

Supports which functionally multiply the number of skills you're using at once (such as cluster trap) will be having small damage reductions attached to them to essentially make them a utility choice (more hits vs bigger hits).

Other sources of abusively high damage, such as Flesh Binder, are also going to be reduced significantly.

These changes will happen in 3.4.0

"
Secondary Damage

We want to change how secondary damage (such as the explosion from Explosive Arrow or the corpse explosion from Detonate Dead) is handled by damage mitigation.

Currently, these bypass block, dodge and evasion. In the future, we want secondary damage from attacks to be able to be blocked, dodged and evaded just like other attacks, and secondary damage from spells to be spell-blocked and spell-dodged, just like spells.

Some of the details of this change are still being worked out, but we hope to have this in patch 3.4.0 as well.

Are these two sets of changes specifically for PvP combat, or will they apply globally to all areas as well as PvE?
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jun 25, 2018, 4:38:19 AM
Hi PvP fellows!!!!
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:

Are these two sets of changes specifically for PvP combat, or will they apply globally to all areas as well as PvE?

All PvP changes always only affected the PvP areas of the game (like Inquisitor Inevitable Judgement or Clever Construction keystone).
"
NickK_GGG wrote:
We have an experimental flask change we'd potentially like to try as well, wherein all players at the start of a typical best-of-9 only have one flask filled, and will only get charges for one flask between rounds until they lose a round. Each loss 'unlocks' another flask. The idea is to provide a catch-up mechanic as well as to add a layer of strategy to how you select the type and order of flasks you bring to a match. This will also lower the overall power-level of the Pathfinder in PvP.

This change doesn't have a release date yet. I wanted to gauge your feedback before we put work into this.

This is a nice way of limiting the recovery power of flasks. The damage mitigation and offensive power of flasks will also be negligible if we dont have unlimited charges, which is good. I like the idea in general.

The issue here is though that it only nerfs one form of recovery. All forms of life/es/mana recovery should be considered at the the same time. It doesnt really matter if flasks are "fixed" this way as people will start using the other available methods which are arguably even better or on par with flasks. Zerphi is the obvious one but simply ES recharge will become the next best thing in a world without any flasks (super fast ES recharge can already be impossible to kill). Life/es/mana gain on block has disabled every single fast hitting build for ages already. Life/es/mana gain on hit is also a form of recovery which isnt widely used, but can be extremely powerful with the introduction of some of the new items and mods. I could also see a thing like slayer overkill leech become a very powerful option.

Anyways, if you want to limit recovery, like you probably should, try to do it all at once to an extent at least. Almost all forms of recovery are way too powerful as it currently stands.
I have not really done very much pvp in poe, i do think it has a place so i welcome any development in the area.

I think players enjoy pvp where it's not just arena 1v1, people are more interested in pvp events where they can just have a go and have fun.

I assume you guys are onto this but with the ability to down scale players power being implemented , you could also use this to allow people to use their main character for pvp events too.

e.g. take my 90+character , scale it down to whatever power level and then provide an objective based pvp event\events

I would honestly be more interested in doing pvp on a main character than making a low level dueling character and i'm the guy who loves doing level 38 twinks , there is just something about being that limited.

I also think level 38 makes a lot more sense for pvp than 28 a) because you have access to more skills and b) because there is more uniques to play with.

I'm obviously biased on that though

edit: i would also suggest no unique flasks, because some of the most powerful flasks are very low level

how sin's rebirth is a level 14 flask i have no idea , taste of hate , lion's roar etc all very low level
Whatever army I have, I'll lead against them...
...until I've won or I'm dead.
• Level 38 VS The World • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929461
• Crafting Service • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451155
Last edited by colwyn on Jun 25, 2018, 11:10:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info