Path of Exile Fan Art Competition

Hey guys, amazing initiative ^_^

I am pretty late to the party, and pretty drowned with commissions. Lets give it a go
its not quite on illustrative part but more leans toward pop art of Andy Warhol so its not everyones cup of tea :3

Ill start with Innocence

What drawn me back to the game is concept of innocence and sin and what keeps me playing is amazing lore. Duality, nature of dark and light that is conflict that rages in all of us but in same time we create illusions to lean toward one side more

Dont we all suffer from Innocence paradox? Shining bright like a diamond yet nobody really sees whats happening because of that blinding light that blinds ourselves in same time. Since i am focusing on portraits the most, giving that benefit of doubts since begining, bright colors the halo, making someone "perfect" the elements that showcase their rich and moral inner world.
I started using shades of yellow to represent gold, because in Serbia we have a saying "Not all that shines is gold". Throughout history of art we see moments like this, people making them selves looking like embodiment of moral and all that is good, but in most cases that was not the case.
And we got our Innocence, blinded by his Righteous Fire,
Halo witch in most time represent the saints outer aura, mostly in that good and moral way. as we take for granted the representation of halo, specially today. We are blinded by it not knowing what kind of energy it emits.
Universe/microcosm is one of the elements that is constant from beginning. We all have our inner world. We are not just what other people tends to think, everyone has their own inner microcosm. Micro macro concept. We absorb the macro and create the micro. "I am more than you think of me" idea.

I could have drawn Innocence in more roman/hellenic look but I think Innocence is in all of us, what we think is good is not good for you/everyone.

I see great works here, i should try hard more on poe thematic :D
if anyone wanna check out my work instagram - kirashiro (not sure if thats against the rules tho)
Next up is Kitava

" Kitava remembers nothing and cares for nothing but his own hunger and greed. He is an endless pit of gnashing teeth and churning guts. " - Sin

ah Kitava, your essence still mingles today i see, in a new form but you are still hungry eh?

We wont point fingers of what is the best modern representation,the essence of war and hunger is not just attached to one country, one personification of Kitava. War Machine does not belong to anyone, its there grinding and moving.
So aside of illuminati, reptilians we might add cult of Kitava (Children of Kitava?)

War to end all wars
God to kill all gods.
Was Kitava lesser evil? I think Utula would agree

But as the Geralt of Rivia use to say " Evil is Evil. Lesser, greater, middling… Makes no difference. The degree is arbitary. The definition’s blurred. If I’m to choose between one evil and another… I’d rather not choose at all."

And that what I like about this game, exile is making his/here own path, doing what he thinks is right, not always good but is at peace for making his own decisions. -

P.S GGG may i suggest official instagram page? If you have it, i could not find it... It adds another layer of interaction with player base and yeah "the future is now old man" :D

- Dont forget to click on image to see the full resolution and details

Hi there! Here's my submission! "Zana's journey"
Zana, Master Cartographer and her one more journey through the map.
None background image in addition too!

Full:
https://imgur.com/xuU1TLa
https://imgur.com/lceU8IT
Here's my second entry for the competiotion!
A crossover between Alva and Full metal jacket film cover! Hope you like!

P.S.
Thank you so much for all the positive comments under my previous entry in the last Highlights!
Spoiler

Spoiler
For people asking me for full resolution, the images posted are already in full res.
if u want to download just right click -> view img/open in new tab -> click for zoom -> save

"death of 2k life gladiator"
"Heart of the Beast" with cute Malachai and a shirt design as bonus <3

Well not much of an entry because I lack art skills, I been drawing doodles of cats before going to bed and putting them up on my girlfriend's pc since her cat died a few weeks ago, I usually just doodle what I'm doing so it can be a song or anything and I did a few path of exile related and figured might aswell share them here.

beware i'm bad at it and most of them are done at midnight, after a long day.

Spoiler

That "should" be duelist, witch/necro and ranger. Laugh away now.

Cheers!
Scion: Wow some one lost headhunter ;D

Playing poe since 1.2, but 1st time found time to participate in contest.
Many cool arts around regards to ggg and community.

I like this game coz of cruel realism style and here my vision:

btw: watch full size it well detailed.

version before color
Last edited by Jeniok on Jul 11, 2018, 4:09:17 PM
You are captured, stupid beast!

With exiles no longer in need of his services Einhar takes a job the local branch of the Wreaclast animal control to fill his time. Guess someone has to clean up after the "cats when damage taken" "cats on critical" incident.

Stray beast problem? Einhar will take it!
I came, I saw, I ran home with my tail betwixt my legs...
Hey GGG, fans and players,
This is my second entry where I wondered how the attack (chief who convene his gang of blood apes) would look like from beneath. So here is my angle of view.
Enjoy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info