[3.7] 13 Curse Occultists support

"
odengard wrote:
Hello!

First of all I wanted to thank you for waking the idea in my head with this build.
Update:
Just did Shaper with my set-up and it was no problem :).

I'm Really glad to see that this is both endgame and hardcore possible. I always knew that it would be able to do it, but my carrys always burn out near the end. I also enjoy seeing that CI is a possibility, its just not something I'm good at.
Last edited by BigGrenBeast on Mar 25, 2019, 9:02:26 PM
I would also play it on CI and make following adjustments.

Instead of wasting 2 slots for CwC and Blight I would use Bane + 4 curses which should be applied and link it to an Enhance support.

Another option would be a S/B setup with a Bane, Faster Casting und a curse.
Additionally drop the boots for https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/g00/Vixen%27s_Entrapment?i10c.encReferrer=&i10c.ua=1&i10c.dv=9 to craft a pair of ES, res, movement speed boots. How it works is when you cast Bane in your main hand it will trigger all socketed gems in your gloves and it has cast speed.

Drop the helmet for https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Alpha%27s_Howl for vaal discipline, wrath, haste and enlighten. Wrath is optional and your flex spot, I took because of the chance to shock multiplier.

New tree: http://poeurl.com/clFy

We take aura nodes for mana reservation and aspect of the spider on the jewelry.
Last edited by Supportic on Mar 27, 2019, 3:32:22 PM
"
Supportic wrote:
I would also play it on CI and make following adjustments.

Instead of wasting 2 slots for CwC and Blight I would use Bane + 4 curses which should be applied and link it to an Enhance support.

Another option would be a S/B setup with a Bane, Faster Casting und a curse.
Additionally drop the boots for https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/g00/Vixen%27s_Entrapment?i10c.encReferrer=&i10c.ua=1&i10c.dv=9 to craft a pair of ES, res, movement speed boots. How it works is when you cast Bane in your main hand it will trigger all socketed gems in your gloves and it has cast speed.

Drop the helmet for https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Alpha%27s_Howl for vaal discipline, wrath, haste and enlighten. Wrath is optional and your flex spot, I took because of the chance to shock multiplier.

If your talking to me, then please refer to the Synthesis update spoiler tab, I cover most of what you said. As for Alpha's Howl I have considered using it and was going to try it soon but I don't know if that bit of mana reserve is worth losing a rare piece, aspect of the spider is also nice, however I value the Star of Wraeclast amulet quite a bit mainly for the area and warp skill, if I was doing CI then i would consider changing the boots but, again the area of the curses is important, especial if your carrys are able to off screen stuff such as tornado shot MF
"
BigGrenBeast wrote:

If your talking to me, then please refer to the Synthesis update spoiler tab, I cover most of what you said.

Sorry about that I thought that were just some thoughts and not actually playtested things.

"

I will be updating the build with theses changes as i go through the leauge.

I didn't see this progress so I thought I would throw it in here.

"

I don't know if that bit of mana reserve is worth losing a rare piece

Yeah technically you can go for a shaped rare shield with the reduced mana mod but do not forget that Alpha's Howl also provide +2 to Auras, which boost your ES, your speed and the extra aura. :)

"

aspect of the spider is also nice, however I value the Star of Wraeclast amulet quite a bit mainly for the area and warp skill

I can't say anything about that because I never tested it but I can imagine that it's quite powerful.
Last edited by Supportic on Mar 28, 2019, 6:39:18 AM
Hi there! nice build btw. I'm kinda new in curses and sorry if this question was already answered, perhaps just point me to the link, but anyways here goes.

I have the vixen glove and at the same time I have the corruption ring with curse on hit in it. Will the corruption ring trigger the curses socketed in the vixen glove? if not, is there another way to autocast a curse socketed in another item that will trigger the curses in the vixen glove or it would have to be a manual curse cast before it triggers?

thanks in advance for any response. :) happy gaming to everyone!
play well and you will enjoy every minute of it. :)
"
Eagleyes_777 wrote:
Hi there! nice build btw. I'm kinda new in curses and sorry if this question was already answered, perhaps just point me to the link, but anyways here goes.

I have the vixen glove and at the same time I have the corruption ring with curse on hit in it. Will the corruption ring trigger the curses socketed in the vixen glove? if not, is there another way to autocast a curse socketed in another item that will trigger the curses in the vixen glove or it would have to be a manual curse cast before it triggers?

thanks in advance for any response. :) happy gaming to everyone!

I have yet to test curse on hit with the gloves, but I don't believe it will work because the gloves say when you "cast", curse on hit shouldn't count as "casting" but possibly things like cast on crit or cast when damage taken, but I'm still not sure if that'll work I've never tried it because things like that seem to slow or inconsistent with how i have built the build. Using Bane since it counts a curse seems to be the best way to self cast curse and will trigger the curse in the gloves, how ever if you want to test something and find a more auto cast way of triggering the gloves, let me know. Id love to hear how everyone is playing this build and yours seems like an interesting idea
Hi, why do you see the same curses in your hat, gloves and weapons?
And another question, why do we need resistance to chaos
Last edited by FreyZalupin on Mar 31, 2019, 4:53:51 PM
"
FreyZalupin wrote:
Hi, why do you see the same curses in your hat, gloves and weapons?
And another question, why do we need resistance to chaos

The reason for the strange gem setup is because I have been developing this build for about 5 or 6 leagues now. If an item changes and gets a legacy variant I update only that one item with the new variant. If you hover over the items you should see what league its from and that might help explain that a little bit better. I also state in the build that I'm no longer using the helmet any more and that it was replaced by the gloves.

You can also look at my last leagues gear to see a better setup but I was not using all 13 curses for that party, and it was still using the cast while chanaling setup.

As for the chaos resistance, the way that I have built the build is to be hybrid. currently in league I have 4K Shield and 2.3k life. Without chaos resistance, at higher tier maps if anything does chaos damage it can end up getting through that 2.3k life (with very little to no life regeneration) very quick. You can however do Chaos Inoculation with the build, but for me I have a hard time balancing CI and all the gear needed for it and all the gear needed for curses which is why I avoid it
Last edited by BigGrenBeast on Mar 31, 2019, 7:43:51 PM
What gems/links do you put in your chest piece?
What 5 link bundle of can be done with bane?
Do I need to take CI in passive tree?
How to know if I cast a curse

Last edited by FreyZalupin on Apr 1, 2019, 1:12:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info