[3.7] 13 Curse Occultists support

"
also noticed 1 problem, chaos damage bypassing energyshield and we have around 2-3k life so its a bit dangerous.
what am i supposed to do?

1. ci and drop all life nodes? (but then it's a lot less tanky maybe?!)
2. or remove dying breath somehow and somehow split all 3 curse gems from the 5link across the gear, and get ESH'S VISAGE shield + some kindah mainhand weapon ?
3. get 1-2 lifeflasks + coruscating elixir? (seems annoying)

also another issue, i am kindah dex/str starved, and feel like i need to get my curses to lvl 20 or 21 for maximum efficiency?

so i will need i think around 159 dex and str. could fix that with jewels maybe jewels with chaos res and attributes and some es or life. would maybe also fix the chaos by pass issue, not sure.

also not sure if alot of 1% reduced mana reserved corruption jewels ~8 would allow me to run a purity of elements maybe, and get a watchers eye with "+50% chaosres if affected by purity of elements". to get a cap on chaos res. not a math genius :D

So yes this build is a bit squishy, at level 79 (I haven't been playing it much this league) I have 4.2k ES and about 2K life with - 40% chaos damage, I haven't had to many issues with chaos damage as of yet but ideally I would want to get ES, Life, and Chaos resistance on gloves and belt, right now for me neither belt or gloves have those things on so I can make some upgrades for more survivablity. Flasks maybe annoying but they do assist quite a lot

There are weapon and shield combos that can work, I just feel the benefits from dying breath are too strong.

As for the dex/str starved right now I have two 30 dex nodes taken and one 30 str node but i haven't traveled through all of the tree that i want yet and it should help fix that problem maybe around level 85 159 is the number to shoot for and we can definitely make it there with jewels.

Even without the 1% reduced jewels we should still get additional 34% reduced mana res from the tree that you could use purity of elements or discipline.
So I approached it slightly different, but it requires a bit of a budget. Note that this is planned with standard in mind. Not sure how useful this would be in league.

level 100, 10k ES CI 12-curse caster

https://pastebin.com/Qf9Uw5wP

Note arc could be replaced with anything in the curse on hit link.
Last edited by TokeMcBong on Jul 20, 2018, 12:13:26 AM
"
So yes this build is a bit squishy, at level 79 (I haven't been playing it much this league) I have 4.2k ES and about 2K life with - 40% chaos damage, I haven't had to many issues with chaos damage as of yet but ideally I would want to get ES, Life, and Chaos resistance on gloves and belt, right now for me neither belt or gloves have those things on so I can make some upgrades for more survivablity. Flasks maybe annoying but they do assist quite a lot

There are weapon and shield combos that can work, I just feel the benefits from dying breath are too strong.

As for the dex/str starved right now I have two 30 dex nodes taken and one 30 str node but i haven't traveled through all of the tree that i want yet and it should help fix that problem maybe around level 85 159 is the number to shoot for and we can definitely make it there with jewels.

Even without the 1% reduced jewels we should still get additional 34% reduced mana res from the tree that you could use purity of elements or discipline.

oh damn you're right. i can throw in a purity of elements, but right now im still missing some mana at my level to even cast scorching ray :D.
this could be really cool when im 90 with a bit more mana, but maybe i still do need a few corrupted jewels, will have to see. the 50% chaos res from the watchers eye would be really necessary to cap chaos res.

for now ill take arctic armour instead. to boost my defenses.
will report in a few days again, if it wont bother you :D if i have some questions or such.
Last edited by FamousAzzkicker on Jul 20, 2018, 11:58:16 AM
"
TokeMcBong wrote:
So I approached it slightly different, but it requires a bit of a budget. Note that this is planned with standard in mind. Not sure how useful this would be in league.

level 100, 10k ES CI 12-curse caster

https://pastebin.com/Qf9Uw5wP

Note arc could be replaced with anything in the curse on hit link.

Yeah I think this is doable in league but as you said budget is needed, CI can be really expensive and that's why I wanted to try and keep in hybrid but I really like what you have. It really shows that I can make some adjustments to my build.
"

oh damn you're right. i can throw in a purity of elements, but right now im still missing some mana at my level to even cast scorching ray :D.
this could be really cool when im 90 with a bit more mana, but maybe i still do need a few corrupted jewels, will have to see. the 50% chaos res from the watchers eye would be really necessary to cap chaos res.

will report in a few days again, if it wont bother you :D if i have some questions or such.

Yeah I haven't fully worked on how to get max chaos res, but I know its possible, might just be a bit expensive. I think if you can grab some 1% reduced jewels go for it but I wouldn't make it spend to much on them.
And as for the watchers eye that's a really good idea I haven't though of and I'm really glad that you brought that to my attention. Not only does that give us a reason to use purity of elements, that will save on some skill points and fix some of that chaos res. I'm actually going to adjust my build because of this.
"
BigGrenBeast wrote:
"

Yeah I haven't fully worked on how to get max chaos res, but I know its possible, might just be a bit expensive. I think if you can grab some 1% reduced jewels go for it but I wouldn't make it spend to much on them.
And as for the watchers eye that's a really good idea I haven't though of and I'm really glad that you brought that to my attention. Not only does that give us a reason to use purity of elements, that will save on some skill points and fix some of that chaos res. I'm actually going to adjust my build because of this.

hi, im planning on trying out this build, did u make any adjustments that u talked about yet?

Thanx for the guide
"
Freyr_SWH wrote:
hi, im planning on trying out this build, did u make any adjustments that u talked about yet?

Thanx for the guide

Yes I have, all the adjustments have been made, I just haven't had the money to see them work this league but it worked very well last league.
Buddy hit me up if u need a spare dps carry :) I'm a fan of a good curse bot. I chain run T15/16 very often cheers!
Hey, if surviving wasn't an issue, would the Ascendancy node Void Beacon work, or are those debuffs considered a curse or something?
"
praisetoGod wrote:
Hey, if surviving wasn't an issue, would the Ascendancy node Void Beacon work, or are those debuffs considered a curse or something?

well void beacon is ok but it doesn't do enough of what we need, because it makes things around you less tanky, but really only good if some one on your team is doing chaos.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info