[NERFED] The VMS Rocket | Crazy Damage | Kill while Moving | Featured in BoTW!

This build rocks - best take on VMS I've seen!

A few thoughts:

1. Use a Hysteria scepter in the offhand. Sizeable dps boost, takes out stragglers, and easily clears packs on its own if/when VMS is down.

My scepter was a fairly lucky find, but even the Fire Burst alone makes a big difference.

"
For frenzy charges you can use cold snap in a cwdt setup instead of blood rage.

I use cold snap, but not for the frenzy charges. I put ~4ex into colouring the 6th socket on my Rat's Cage and it was always green, so eventually I gave up. The chilled ground from Cold Snap lets me use Hypothermia. It's not perfect and I'd rather have another blue socket, but it's a great "budget" 6th link for anyone else struggling on the colours.
Hello !!

Thanks for this build, I finally hit lvl 68 and bought everything to use it. Had some fun on first maps before the reboot of the server yesterday night!!

Having heavy trouble to even off color my 4 link rat haha, can't imagine what it needs for 5 or 6L...

I was wondering how do you get VMS up all the time, i rush everything but it always stops without having enough souls to relaunch it.
The best I did is launching it twice in a row. Am I doing something wrong? I use the soul catcher flask before VMS, then Phase run then quicksilver and I don't stop to loot :p

Can you check my char if i missed something? It's ElloVMS

Thanks again for this fun build,

Ello
Your gloves, and the gems in them.
Thanks,

I'm a bit low on currencies, what should i look for? and what gems?
"
- Shackles of the Wretched is used with a CwDT curse on hit set up to self curse with high level temporal chains, stretching the duration of immortal call and molten shell even further. The extra time on immortal call makes it sustainable without an increased duration link and the extra time on your other skills and flasks improves clearspeed.

You're pretty much missing out on the most important thing for VMS I'd say.
It won't cost you "much", but at least get high lvl temp chains.. So 5c at most for the whole gloves thing.
thanks for the info!
Like it's not in "required gear" I though it was just a small bonus.

Might have trouble getting my resist and dexterity if I loose those gloves tho..

May be with a jewel?
"
Hello !!

Thanks for this build, I finally hit lvl 68 and bought everything to use it. Had some fun on first maps before the reboot of the server yesterday night!!

Having heavy trouble to even off color my 4 link rat haha, can't imagine what it needs for 5 or 6L...

I was wondering how do you get VMS up all the time, i rush everything but it always stops without having enough souls to relaunch it.
The best I did is launching it twice in a row. Am I doing something wrong? I use the soul catcher flask before VMS, then Phase run then quicksilver and I don't stop to loot :p

Can you check my char if i missed something? It's ElloVMS

Thanks again for this fun build,

Ello

As mentioned, the shackles of the wretched will help the duration and is pretty important in the endgame setup. I don't have it in my "required" gear section because it's not required for minimum functionality. The quality of life it gives is absolutely massive though. Just self cursing temp chains will give you another 3 seconds. Get quality curse on hit and that gets to almost 4 extra seconds. Quality curse on hit with the curse cluster near scion life wheel gets you an extra ~5.5 seconds. Add in a temp chains helmet enchant for curse effect and you get an extra 9 seconds. Throw in a coward's legacy and you're looking at an extra 21 seconds and 30+s total durations. This is my current setup, and I still need to make room on my gear for things like atziri's reign. With a couple of those I'll be pushing 45 second durations.

Another thing you should consider(imo before upgrading your gear to allow shackles) is getting an adrenaline quicksilver. You want to be as close to 160% movespeed as you can get.

And finally, if you're still in the story zones, don't expect the uptime to be quite as good as in the good layout maps. The layouts in story zones are often bad and the density is pretty inconsistent with some zones nearly empty and others full of enemies. My original test for the build was if I could get continuous uptime in blood aqueducts and I could indeed do that even before I added in the shackles.

"
I use cold snap, but not for the frenzy charges. I put ~4ex into colouring the 6th socket on my Rat's Cage and it was always green, so eventually I gave up. The chilled ground from Cold Snap lets me use Hypothermia. It's not perfect and I'd rather have another blue socket, but it's a great "budget" 6th link for anyone else struggling on the colours.

That's really clever. I'm going to add that to the coloring section in my OP.

"
1. Use a Hysteria scepter in the offhand. Sizeable dps boost, takes out stragglers, and easily clears packs on its own if/when VMS is down.

My scepter was a fairly lucky find, but even the Fire Burst alone makes a big difference.

Interesting, I'll give this a try when I get the chance. Faster VMS charge up times would be pretty helpful.
what about loreweave over the rat cage?
"
kpep wrote:
what about loreweave over the rat cage?

I think the point of this build is that the amulet makes proc VMS non stop thanks to rat cage which converts some of the fire damage we take to physical damage.
Without rat cage no spam VMS on ignites

Correct me if i'm wrong of course!

Btw I'm getting better at managing my VMS timers and roll on everything, this build is op and fun as hell !!!
love when I incinerate bosses and VMS keeps boom boom boom boom

So I have been running this build for a while now, and i love it, it is crazy! I still seem really weak against bosses. I do get one shoted a lot against bosses. not sure if it is just the way it is, or i am doing something wrong.
Thanks for the help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info